Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Where Do You Work?

Re: Where Do You Work?

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Don't feel too bad, I understand that RFS62 was at Waterloo.
    Hey, I was young, and I needed the money.

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    ~ Mark Twain

2. Turn Off Ads?

TV Director- mostly local newscasts.

BTW, Wally Post has the coolest job of any of us IMHO...
    "In baseball, you don't know nothin'"...Yogi Berra

I'm a lifeguard at the Bergen County YMCA and I write a weekly sports article for my town's newspaper.
    "Since I've been with the Reds in 1989, we've never had a farm system this loaded," Bowden said. "If we were the New York Yankees and had unlimited dollars, we could have traded for Colon, (Jeff) Weaver, Rolen, (Cliff) Floyd, (Kenny) Rogers and Finley and gotten them all -- and still held onto our top five prospects. That's an amazing statement."

I work at Wal-Mart.

Smells Like Teen Spirit jmcclain19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RFS62 View Post
    Hey, I was young, and I needed the money.

Something tells me this isn't the first time you've used this statement

"A Rose by Any Other. . " RedRoser's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    I've been unemployed for almost the past year, but I deliver alcohol and teach English part-time (usually not simultaneously).

I teach English, also, at the high school level. Have been doing it for over 20 years---since I graduated from college in '87 (and not during the Lincoln administration as rfs62 would try and lead you to believe!)

I also coach girls basketball and softball and serve as an FCA sponsor for our school.

During the summer, I teach Summer School, coach a 16-and-under softball team, and work at a restaurant on the river.

So, in other words, I'm poor and I'm at work all the time!
    But I'm usually having fun!!!

---'Roser

I work for an investment bank in Manhattan.

Quote Originally Posted by jmcclain19 View Post
    Something tells me this isn't the first time you've used this statement
    To be fair, all events prior to 1764 qualify for RFS's statement.
    What if this wasn't a rhetorical question?

All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Freak View Post
    What do you design? Railroads?
    Don't engineers do that?

Start the Reactor! *BaseClogger*'s Avatar

I umpire in the summers
    "On-base percentage is great if you can score runs and do something with that on-base percentage," Baker said. "Clogging up the bases isn't that great to me."

Stat Wanker Hodiernus RedsManRick's Avatar

Data analyst for a consulting firm.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

I work from my desk at home currently.... and its not paying so well although hopefully I will know by Tuesday whether or not I am going to start getting paid more for what I am currently doing.... you know, at least enough to pay the bills because right now I am literally making $30 more per month than my bills.

I am in college full-time currently and hold a couple of part-time jobs. One is at a small business a friend owns. I do basically anything that has to do with a computer. My major is Network Systems Administration.

In the spring and summer months, I drive the starting gate for the harness races you see at the county fairs. I do several Ohio fairs and also a few in Indiana and Pennsylvania. I may get a chance to drive at Lebanon Raceway during the winter months a few times, but it hasn't materialized yet. This upcoming summer, I may also start getting involved with doing some photo finish work at the fairs that I'm not driving the gate at. If I could do this kind of work full-time I would because I just love it.

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

I work all over, wherever I can find a load. Last week I worked in Ohio, Kentucky, Tennessee, Arkansas, Louisiana, and Texas. This week.....I don't know yet. I'm at home searching for a load online at the moment.

I'm a clerk at an office in a hospital. It's glorious, fulfilling work...er...yeah. Mostly I get paid to sit around and do nothing. I'm usually able to finish the entirety of my weekly workload in about 10-15 hours. I'm leaving in August-ish for grad school. Don't know where yet, but I'll start finding where I was and was not accepted in the next six weeks or so.

Turn Off Ads?