Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Chad Johnson -- The definitive Thread

Re: Chad Johnson hints at trade demand

Quote Originally Posted by Highlifeman21 View Post
    Both Mikes are two of the genuinely nicer guys I've ever met in any capacities. One I met at a golf tourney (Golic), the other I ran into @ Stew Leonards (Greeny). Both were very engaging and seemed eager to engage with a fan of their show. Had a good, yet brief conversation with each of them.

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I wish I could have gotten to AC this weekend to watch the both of them roasted. They're 8 years into a "gimmick" most thought wouldn't last. I guess they must be doing something right.
    I agree (I haven't met them, but I haven't heard a bad thing about either).

They're a lot like Cowherd in a sense. Once I began viewing them for what they are instead of looking for hardcore "Xs and Os" talk, I liked them. They're off the wall, ridiculous, and goofy, but I like it. It's not meant to be taken seriously.

As far as softball questions...it's ESPN. They still haven't openly mentioned the new Reggie Bush book. Here's a dozen of the same Clemens, Vick, and Patriots segments just done by a different reporter...run along children.
    Last edited by guttle11; 01-12-2008 at 02:55 AM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Yeah right. Chad has been bashed all year by "fans" and media. There are about 50 players on this squad that deserve blame before Chad and yet he gets all of the blame. I don't blame him for speaking up.

Too many people that follow football these days have little knowledge of the game. I've got tickets in the end zone and I'm about to let them go. It's amazing how quick people are willing to turn on players like Chad when things get rough. Fans should be willing to stick behind Chad when things are rough and not dog him when the rest of the team fails.

It's the same sad story in Cincinnati. Fans in this city continue to bash the best players and ruin the best sports figures we have in the name of "hustle" and "attitude". Cincinnati sports fans are still in the Pete Rose mindset for players and it shows with the way Griffey and Chad Johnson have been treated at times in Cincy. Talents like this don't come along often and instead of being supported they are trashed at any sign of failure from the team. Same ol Cincy.
    Football fans are the worst. They just turn on their players at the drop of a hat over something they probably don't understand in the first place. I went to or watched just about every game this season and Chad was not the problem. If there is a long list of problems Chad and his antics are near the bottom. The problem this season was letting Damon Huard, SF's QB, and JP Losman beat them. The problem was Rudi not running like he used to. The problem was Willie being out most of the season. The problem was stagnant play calling or Carson throwing 3 pick 6's to the same CB in one game (one got called back but shouldn't have).

Look at the teams who have had great WR's and let them go. The Vikings, Niners, and Eagles. You don't replace a top notch WR. Ask the Lions how easy it is to draft a top WR. Instead of complaining about what Chad does be grateful that you have a WR of his caliber and go out and fix the other parts of the team.

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

You don't make your team better by trading your best player. You make somebody else's better.

I'd sit him down and tell him to shut up and honor the deal he signed or he can spend his best years watching General Hospital reruns on Sundays. And then show him how it all worked out for Carl Pickens with the Titans.

It gets old having the horses tell the stagecoach driver where to go.

The fans are a bit harsh on Chad, but sometimes this year he looked lost out there. And he really needs to work on yards after the catch. He jumps in the air for every ball thrown his way, whether its square in the numbers or knee high, and it cause him to get tackled right away.
    Last edited by Dom Heffner; 01-12-2008 at 09:33 AM.

I don't expect Chad to be a leader for this team. I think the Bengals have a Head Coach and a star QB and a veteran offensive lineman who has been with this team a long time who need to step up and handle this situation. Obviously Chad is still feeling hurt about how he was treated in the media this season. If Chad is unhappy about the way he's being treated, then team leaders need to sit down with him, tell him not to worry about all that outside BS, and just do what he does best, catch the football, and everything will be all right. They need to do this now before Chad turns into Carl Pickens or Corey Dillon.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Chad needs to shut his mouth. I knew two years ago when I first learned Rosenhaus was his agent that something would happen. Everybody's happy until things don't go so well. Just shut your mouth and play football.

I just have the thought of Chad going to the Patriots, and setting every record imaginable. He has all the talent in the world, but until he shuts up, his play won't match his talent.
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

Quote Originally Posted by GoReds33 View Post
    Chad needs to shut his mouth. I knew two years ago when I first learned Rosenhaus was his agent that something would happen. Everybody's happy until things don't go so well. Just shut your mouth and play football.

I just have the thought of Chad going to the Patriots, and setting every record imaginable. He has all the talent in the world, but until he shuts up, his play won't match his talent.
    And why would he do that? Because the Patriots organization does what it needs to make sure players understand what its goals are and what they need to do to achieve those goals. The Bengals are in the situation they are because team leadership doesn't effectively communicate with its players, so players are left to listening to what their agents and the media are telling them.

I never blamed the Bengals for guys like Pickens and Dillon because they were malcontents from the get-go. But when Chad Johnson came in, he always said the right things and did the work that indicated he was here for the Cincinnati Bengals. The fact he's now thinking about jumping ship is just another indication to me that Chad Johnson isn't a cancer, the cancer is in the front office.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee
    I never blamed the Bengals for guys like Pickens and Dillon because they were malcontents from the get-go.
    I'm no fan of his, but Dillon seemed to fit in just fine in New England. Personally, I think the losing has more to do with our better players (Pickens, Dillon, Spikes and now Chad) eventually wanting out than anything. Pickens may be the exception to that, but the others were didn't cause problems until the losing became so overwhelming.

Quote Originally Posted by Boss-Hog View Post
    I'm no fan of his, but Dillon seemed to fit in just fine in New England. Personally, I think the losing has more to do with our better players (Pickens, Dillon, Spikes and now Chad) eventually wanting out than anything. Pickens may be the exception to that, but the others were didn't cause problems until the losing became so overwhelming.
    I think in Chad's case it is the media. The teams have more the most part since Marvin has been in here in the hunt for the playoffs, so you really can't pin it all on losing.

Chad's antics were pretty much fun and games at first, but when the team is struggling to win games and you are celebrating TD's, sometimes the best thing to do is just play ball and leave the celebrations at home.

Is it possible that Cincinnati has the worst media market for crucifying players?
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by Boss-Hog View Post
    You never see malcontents on the team that is hoisting the super bowl trophy. You win and people are happy, lose and you better be pissed. The only malcontent I can remember from a winning team is TO and we don't want to go there.

WMR: Never heard of Farrell

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

I wish I could be as miserable as Chad Johnson

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post

Is it possible that Cincinnati has the worst media market for crucifying players?
    He should go to NY or Boston or Philly....he'll realize how soft this town's media really is.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Good point, but I think a lot of it is driven by the fanbase. The media is only giving them what they want.

Cincinnati media is the worst for making stuff up just to try to get readers, then when it comes out they say "thats just what i heard"

Turn Off Ads?