Turn Off Ads?
Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 293536373839

Thread: Chad Johnson -- The definitive Thread

Re: Chad Johnson -- The definitive Thread

Mike Brown is much, much, much smarter than Chad Johnson.

This ain't his first rodeo.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by JayBruce4HOF View Post
    Mike Brown is much, much, much smarter than Chad Johnson.

This ain't his first rodeo.
    Uh, wow, that makes me feel so much better about Mike Brown and his one winning season in 17 years.

Err, thanks?

When it comes to the legal side of football...MB wins hands down with just about anyone.

When it comes to figuring out that Freddie Childress and Sean Brewer are not NFL players......well....Ya know.

Exactly, Tony. That was my point.

No one is going to outfox Mike Brown on the legal side... just about anyone with a pulse can outsmart him on the "on the field" side.

Exactly, Tony. That was my point.

No one is going to outfox Mike Brown on the legal side... just about anyone with a pulse can outsmart him on the "on the field" side.
    He is an Ivy league-educated attorney. I've always thought Mike Brown would be better in the league offices rather than as GM for the Bengals. When he's talking about league issues and matters that affect the NFL as a whole, I think he's one of the owners who has the best grasp of things. I also think he tries his best to act with integrity. Unfortunately, the poor performance of his team under his leadership and his penchant for taking on "problem children" in hopes they can be reformed undermines his authority in matters where people should actually listen to him.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Well, it looks like Chad has come to grips with the fact that he isn't going anywhere.

He is singing a different tune now.

http://www.bengals.com/news/news.asp?story_id=6849

He's not singing a different tune, just talking to a local media member. The local guys (especially Hobson) don't play his game. ESPN does, so Chad gives them material to work with.

This was the real Johnson. Selfish, but largely in a good way. He truly wants to win, because it makes him a bigger star. He knows his numbers lead to more wins, which lead to more money and exposure. He's a really, really smart man.

I love the real Johnson.

Senor Votto

Chad to fans: 'I love you Cincinnati; I acted psycho'
    Getty Images
    Cincinnati Bengals outspoken wide receiver Chad Johnson reiterated, "I love you, Cincinnati," and said he realizes there are fans that have turned against him while recalling Kobe Bryant got booed in the first game of what turned out to be an NBA MVP season following his trade demands of last summer.

But Johnson said Thursday that he hopes his fans here understand the trade tirades had nothing to do with his feelings for them and it was venting from a 7-9 season and what he felt was a lack of attention to upgrading the defense. What he called "in-house" criticism also set him off. He doesn't think he had a good year ("I set a high standard," he says), but he also knows he's not the only one.

"I love them. I hope they understand it's just business," Johnson said. "I felt in that three-month period the best thing for me was to get out of Cincinnati. I was just going through some things and I thought it was the best move for me. Obviously not. I'm still here. Yeah, it was the losing. It got on my nerves.

"I did everything under the sun to get out of here. I acted psycho. I posed my case. I talked with my owner, who loves me dearly. He must. Those offers were unheard of. And he still said no. Really, I'm not that good."

Bengals president Mike Brown informed Johnson that he was going nowhere because the club didn't believe it could immediately replace the value of a four-time AFC receiving yardage champion. That included Washington's offer of what amounted to two first-round draft picks. Plus, the Bengals didn't want to deal with salary cap acceleration.

Source: www.bengals.com

More spin from Chad and his scum of the Earth agent.

The smartest move from a football standpoint would have been to trade Chad for the two first rounders. What's he, 31 years old now?

More spin from Chad and his scum of the Earth agent.

The smartest move from a football standpoint would have been to trade Chad for the two first rounders. What's he, 31 years old now?
    Just curious . . . what would've been the smartest move from a salary cap standpoint?

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

He may say it was business but I still think it was stupid.

Did anyone else catch the interview on Sportscenter just a little while ago? That's not the Chad that's been spouting off at any media person within earshot. That's a guy who didn't get what he wants and is now forced to make do. Just my interpretation anyway.
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Turn Off Ads?