Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Terry Bradshaw was all 'roided up

Senor Votto

Terry Bradshaw was all 'roided up

Terry Bradshaw was all 'roided up
    By MJD
    I doubt that it's going to cause much of an uproar or that anyone will be calling for asterisks on the four Super Bowl trophies that the Steelers won in the 70s (although Patriots fans might want to leave it in their backpocket as kind of a trump card), but Terry Bradshaw admitted last week that he used steroids during his playing career.

If you're detecting a lack of surprise in my tone, congratulations on being perceptive. I already looked at the 70s Steelers as doing for steroids what the Bill Walsh 49ers did for the west coast offense. The 'roids were legal then, no one was testing for it, and there's no way the Steelers were the only ones. At the time, no one knew any better.

Here's what Bradshaw said on Dan Patrick's radio show:

“We did steroids to get away the aches and the speed of healing. My use of steroids from a doctor was to speed up injury, and thought nothing of it. … It was to speed up the healing process, that was it. It wasn’t to get bigger and stronger and faster.”

That may not have been the intent, but according to Jim Haslett, that's what it did. And while we're on the subject of unintended side effects, now might also be an appropriate time to mention that 70s Steelers are are dying off like NYC construction workers in The Happening.

Gracias, Larry Brown Sports.

Related: Pittsburgh Steelers

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

Re: Terry Bradshaw was all 'roided up

Apparently, what he was saying they using were cortizone based steroids, which supposely are legal in the league. At least that's what I gathered from watching a few minutes of ESPN.

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Re: Terry Bradshaw was all 'roided up

Yeah, Terry, not quite the same thing.

I think the inability to make distinctions in this country is half the problem with everything.

I had a cortisone shot in my wrist once- that isn't what Barry Bonds was doing.

Turn Off Ads?