Turn Off Ads?
Page 29 of 39 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: Chad Johnson -- The definitive Thread

Re: Chris Henry charged with assault...and cut by the Bengals

"I fill stands ... I sell-out games ... I wasn't talking about money before, but I do deserve more money ... that love that I get from 31 other cities, fans, coaches, is the same love that I should get in-house where I play ... "

"I could go play with Jon Bon Jovi in the Arena League and probably make what I make now."

2. Turn Off Ads?

How many new contracts have the Bengals given Chad Johnson?

How many times have they ripped up his old deal and given him a new one?

He's totally ignoring the signing bonus money that the Bengals have given him. Yeah, he's "ONLY" making 2.7 million this season. FOR HIS SALARY. Pro-rate his signing bonuses over the past two contracts and tell me what he's ACTUALLY making. BULL.
    Last edited by WMR; 04-03-2008 at 04:26 PM.

Whoops, put this Chad stuff in the wrong thread. Can a mod move the posts, please?

Re: Chad Johnson -- The definitive Thread

I think he's trying to force the Bengals hand ala Terrell Owens, but he doesn't have the mean spirit TO could get.
    I don't think he has the guts to make the Bengals fans hate him.

At this point I think the Bengals are handling everything as well as they can, Chad will pout but when the bricks hit the fan, he'll show up for training camp and he'll play.

Marvin has already left the door open with the Kobe Bryant reference. He'll either play for the Bengals this year or he won't play at all.
    If he becomes a problem(on the field)I could just as easily say they'll do what the Bucs did to Keyshawn.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

With Chris Henry being released, I think the momentum and leverage swings more to Chad's side now.

The Bengals have to deal with Chad, or else they are left with TJ and a bare cupboard @ WR.

He's lost his mind.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Quote Originally Posted by Highlifeman21 View Post
    With Chris Henry being released, I think the momentum and leverage swings more to Chad's side now.

The Bengals have to deal with Chad, or else they are left with TJ and a bare cupboard @ WR.
    What are they supposed to do, give him ANOTHER 15-20 million dollar signing bonus?!?!?! I for one am glad they're sticking to their guns. Chad just loves getting those signing bonus checks so much, he figures he should get one every year.

Quote Originally Posted by Highlifeman21 View Post

Actually, I think Chad is getting to the point where he himself might be risking fines and suspensions from the NFL for conduct detrimental to the team. He needs to be very careful after TO lost his case dating back to when he was suspended by the Eagles.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

If Chad really wants out of Cincinnati, Henry has shown him one way out. Maybe Ocho Cinco needs to hold up a liquor store or something.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    If Chad really wants out of Cincinnati, Henry has shown him one way out. Maybe Ocho Cinco needs to hold up a liquor store or something.
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    Would he get to wear the MVP jacket for the mug shot? :
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

I got an idea.

How about an incentive-laden contract where he actually has to perform against teams with winning records?

He also loses money every time he drops a pass due to alligator arms.

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    He's lost his mind.
    I think that pretty much sums it up.

Now Chad wants to be traded before the draft. I am so sick of his crap.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3349761

Bengals wide receiver Chad Johnson left no room for doubt Wednesday: He wants out of Cincinnati as fast as possible and he doesn't plan on reporting for any future Bengal function -- mandatory or voluntary.

What spurred Johnson's immediate reaction was a statement made by quarterback Carson Palmer that indicated Johnson had told Palmer he would be at the team's mandatory minicamp in mid-June. Johnson said that wasn't true.

"I want to make this very clear,'' Johnson said Wednesday. "I don't know where he got that. I made no assertion to Carson that I would do that. Nothing has changed from what I've been saying for three months that I don't want to play for the Bengals.''

Johnson made one of his strongest statements in saying he is not planning on reporting to any team functions because he wants to be traded.

"I want to be traded before the draft, and if that doesn't happen, I want to be traded as soon as possible,'' Johnson said. "I don't intend on reporting to anything.''

Johnson is skipping the team's offseason workouts as he tries to push for a trade. But the Bengals have also made it clear that they have no plans of trading him.

The Pro Bowl wide receiver said he was surprised by Palmer's comments about his possibly reporting to mandatory camp.

"I wish he would stay out of my business,'' Johnson said.
    Last edited by Reds Fanatic; 04-16-2008 at 02:46 PM.

Turn Off Ads?