Turn Off Ads?
Page 33 of 39 FirstFirst ... 23293031323334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: Chad Johnson -- The definitive Thread

Re: Chad Johnson -- The definitive Thread

Why not do the trade? Get Desean Jackson or something with that pick and move on and hope the 3rd rounder becomes a first rounder.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Marvin claimed in his presser today that those reports are false.

Not suggesting its the gospel, but just saying.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    Marvin claimed in his presser today that those reports are false.

Not suggesting its the gospel, but just saying.
    Name the source. I'm tired of NFL reporters relying on "sources." Until someone has the guts to say "Yes, we offered the Bengals that" on the record, I will be highly skeptical. Even if true, it sounds like the cap hit is the bigger issue with the Bengals. They have never been ones to play fast and loose with the cap. I have a feeling Chad's a Bengal until he renegotiates his contract to lessen the cap hit.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Quote Originally Posted by joshnky View Post
    Agreed. Hopefully they're holding out for a 1st and 3rd in this years draft and not really dead set on keeping Chad.
    Knowing Mike Brown, I wouldn't bet on it.

I don't believe Marvin for a minute. The Redskins' offer is real. Mike Brown won't trade Chad, and he's using Marvin's denial to quell any kind of fan revolt.
    Go BLUE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    I don't believe Marvin for a minute. The Redskins' offer is real. Mike Brown won't trade Chad, and he's using Marvin's denial to quell any kind of fan revolt.
    That sounds right to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    I agree in not believing it, but I also say good for them.

I'm tired of these athletes predicating when and where they play and for how much. Chads well, well well paid. Its not like he's performing at a top 5 level and being paid in the lower half. He's being paid like he is performing.

Hopefully they'll keep him on the shelf until 2011.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

An aside...the Dolphins just signed Jake Long.

espn.com

Why keep Chad? I understand not letting him decide what goes on, but a 1st Rd pick and 3rd Rd pick (that could turn into a 1st) is pretty good value IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig View Post
    Why keep Chad? I understand not letting him decide what goes on, but a 1st Rd pick and 3rd Rd pick (that could turn into a 1st) is pretty good value IMO.

Spite. Plain and simple. I think he needs to face his "teammates" after what all he has said. I hope he gets a couple black eyes out of it. Maybe some extra hard hits in practice and maybe the coaches will look the other way.

The problem is, if he gets traded he get what he wants with no consequences. The Bengals would pretty much take all the damage. At least this way he is forced to prove he is willing to stand by his word. He will possibly one day face an angry locker room. Wouldn't it be great if Chad showed up with a copy of his contract on the wall with his signature highligted.

On the brink of disaster

I don't feel like looking through this entire thread, so sorry if it's already been answered, but what is with Lance's blog post claiming that he keeps hearing that Chad is in financial trouble and the bengals know it? That would be an interesting development...
    Things I'm told

From NFL people, players and agents today

* "It would not shock me if Drew Rosenhaus floated that Chad trade rumor"

*Drew Rosenhause clients include: MSU WR Devin Thomas and Penn St LB Dan Connor

* "I continue to hear Chad has financial issues...and the Bengals know he has financial isssues"

* "If he was my teammate, the first time he finally walked into the lockerroom, I'd punch him between the eyes for saying that about our QB"

* "Good luck trading Chad now, taking an 8-mill cap hit this year, AND still having to fit TWO first round picks into your cap....while also dealing with Andrews' franchise tag $"

* "I can see Chad making an appearance at halftime of the first preseason game, on national TV. It will be his situps in the driveway moment"

* "Is trading Chad now worth about 13-mill cap hit? 8mill for Chad and about 5-mill for the 21st pick in the draft?"

*"This is what happens when you let a guy (Chad) run loose for three years"

thelotd.com/lance

I understand keeping him out of spite, don't let him run the ship. However, if you are getting a more than fair (IMO) deal, why not take it and improve the locker room? I have always been a Chad supporter, but if he doesn't want to be here and you can get a good deal for him --- then by all means, DO IT and don't look back.

I think we can pick up a FA WR or two and Palmer will make them look like studs.

That would be funny if Chad had to declare bankruptcy.

So is there a real way to go around the cap hit? (not a "why don't we just send wily mo to AAA" solution) I've heard renegotiating a contract, but will the union allow this? I'd say this is the real reason why we haven't accepted the trade. (the cap hit)

Chris Mortenson, just said that Marvin Lewis called him after the press conference, and apologized, because apparently the Redskins had made that offer. He was unaware of it.

Read into that what you want.................
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Turn Off Ads?