Turn Off Ads?
Page 35 of 39 FirstFirst ... 25313233343536373839 LastLast

Thread: Chad Johnson -- The definitive Thread

Re: Chad Johnson -- The definitive Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Moose Milligan View Post
    Good points, good points.

I'm not sure about the particular of Johnson's contract, but could it get pretty nasty? I mean say the Bengals can't find a suitable trade and don't trade Johnson...he holds out...could they cut him? They'll take a hit on the cap if they do that, too...
    They actually waste less cap space letting him sit than they do trading him. They spread the cap hit for the huge signing bonus he signed with his last extension over the life of the contract. But if they trade him, that accelerates the cap hit for the signing bonus, which means they can only spread it between this season and next instead of spreading it out through 2011. They could cut him, but again that would accelerate the cap hit and they'd get nothing in return. Thus, their best bet right now is to call his bluff, see if he plays and let him sit if he doesn't. Either that get or him to renegotiate his contract so that the cap hit will be less onerous.
    Burn down the disco. Hang the blessed DJ. Because the music that he constantly plays, it says nothing to me about my life.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Moose Milligan View Post
    Well then, I guess the Bengals won't be cutting Chad Johnson

It'll be interesting to see what happens though, no doubt.
    I agree.

Yacht made a great post earlier in this thread how Rosenhaus and Chad could have likely gotten exactly what they wanted had they just waited one more season.

Amazing how the Chad saga has played out. He has gone from perhaps Cincinnati's biggest darling to being viewed as a selfish jackass by just about everyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    I agree.

Yacht made a great post earlier in this thread how Rosenhaus and Chad could have likely gotten exactly what they wanted had they just waited one more season.

Amazing how the Chad saga has played out. He has gone from perhaps Cincinnati's biggest darling to being viewed as a selfish jackass by just about everyone.
    It happened fast, too, no?

I'm a Skins fan so I don't know how it happened, but can you give a brief rundown of what brought it to this?

Hmm... basically, Chad felt like he wasn't getting "enough love" from the media and fans this past season, at least that is what he said. In my personal opinion, however, he and Rosenhaus had this stupid scheme planned all along and were simply laying the early groundwork to either extort the Bengals into giving him another massive "signing bonus" or trading him to a team that would.

Hell, one of the early things he pointed toward as being proof that the Bengals didn't value him was a report by Chris Mortenson that the Bengals were seeking to trade him... wouldn't surprise me in the LEAST if the source of that rumor was one Drew "Snake" Rosenhaus. The Bengals, clearly, were NEVER trying to trade Chad Johnson.
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

Interesting.

To an outsider he went from being loved to shunned in about 1.5 seconds. It's a shame, I liked him and what the Bengals had brewing for awhile there.

Moose, I used one of your pictures in a "Caption This" thread in the ORG. Great photos, btw. You've got a great eye for a good picture.

Ahhh, thats awesome man! Thanks for the props!

I really liked my time in Kentucky/Ohio...really liked the Reds and the ballpark. I freaking LOVED Brandon Phillips, that guy was a highlight reel at second base on Friday night. He made 4 outstanding plays, I think.

I'd love to make it back out there sometime...

Anyway, if you want to see the rest of my photography including photos from last summer at Orioles games, here's my stuff: http://www.flickr.com/photos/8037331@N08/sets/

Gotta scroll down a bit for the baseball stuff, but it's there.

Chad is bipolar with a Paris Hilton complex.

Chad wants more money ... nothing more to it than that. Deal signed a few years back doesn't look all that good to him anymore.
    What are you, people? On dope? - Mr Hand

A few years?!

I saw this at Bengals Zone:

What I think is funny is how he keeps bringing Degree deodorant into it. If I were the folks at Degree, I'd tell Chad not to mention us. We want to be associated with smelling good, not "raising a stink."
    Burn down the disco. Hang the blessed DJ. Because the music that he constantly plays, it says nothing to me about my life.

From Lance's blog:

Chad on ESPN
    "I will not lose this battle. I'm not playing. I won't let them take advantage of the fact I love playing. I'll make a movie with Clooney."
    This is something the NFL needs to stop right now IMO. No player should be able to call out his team and demand a trade on a public forum. If a player isn't willing to play out a long contract, they should sign shorter ones. I know there are many flaws in that thought. I don't know why any team would want to lock a player like Chad up for very many years if they know it is possible that they will have to take a cap hit like that. The NFL should have stopped it a long time ago, but now it is just getting way outta hand. Players should not be able to strong arm teams into trades or bigger contracts. Especially when a salary cap is involved.

OTOH, should the Bengals really be playing this game with Chad. Probably not, but I do think Chad should be held accountable for what he said in some way. To think that Chad will probably end up getting through this without losing a thing just makes me sick.

C. Trent's take on the recent YouTube video:

How desperate is Chad Johnson and his agent Drew Rosenhaus?

Well, they've taken to YouTube, the final frontier

Even if I didn't agree with the Mike Brown/Marvin Lewis stand before, I certainly do now. Let them squirm. How about that, the Bengals doing something right and showing the rest of the NFL what to do.

The best part is it seems even ESPN is getting tired of the story, and who ever thought ESPN would find a story they get tired of. The only thing left is Chad's situps moment. I'm guessing it'll have props.

Maybe Chad will offer to repay his signing bonus in order for the Bengals to trade him. It's seems like he's getting very desperate.

Turn Off Ads?