Turn Off Ads?
Page 36 of 39 FirstFirst ... 263233343536373839 LastLast

Thread: Chad Johnson -- The definitive Thread

Re: Chad Johnson -- The definitive Thread

I think it would be just terrific if TO, err I mean CJ, sat out the entire season, didn't get paid a dime, and the Bengals somehow made the playoffs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

2. Turn Off Ads?

When did Chad change? Why did Chad change? For me it all comes down to these simple questions. He has significantly hurt his marketability to the point that if he sits out this entire season no company is going to use him as their spokesperson. Every time he is interviewed by espn or radio stations he further makes a fool of himself. Is it really a money issue? A simple check of the auditor's website shows that Chad hasn't payed his taxes for quite a while. If he is in financial trouble wouldn't this go back on his agent?

I guess my question is what happened to the guy who was the toast of the city? The guy who just went out there and played football. The guy who was known as one of the hardest workers on the Bengals.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    I guess my question is what happened to the guy who was the toast of the city? The guy who just went out there and played football. The guy who was known as one of the hardest workers on the Bengals.
    I think its as simple as the fact that Chad is not very good at taking the criticism and blame that comes with being the star on the team. When Marvin asked him to cut the antics and he experienced a fan backlash for disappearing at times last year, Chad couldn't handle it.

It's all about one thing: money. This is the first time when Chad has demanded another signing bonus that the Bengals have said, "NO."

Like they have said, pro-rate his signing bonuses and salaries and he's the 2nd highest paid WR in the NFL. Well, he still wants more. Well, screw him.

He just loves getting those 15 million dollar checks cut out to him and the Bengals finally reached their tipping point.
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

Quote Originally Posted by joshnky View Post
    I think its as simple as the fact that Chad is not very good at taking the criticism and blame that comes with being the star on the team. When Marvin asked him to cut the antics and he experienced a fan backlash for disappearing at times last year, Chad couldn't handle it.
    A friend of mine put it best. Chad feels that he's been unfairly scapegoated by the fans and media for the team's overall crapulence, and feels it is appropriate to act like a spoiled child in response. By that logic, Adam Dunn should be allowed to machine gun a crowd of nuns holding babies in broad daylight on Fountain Square.

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    It's all about one thing: money. This is the first time when Chad has demanded another signing bonus that the Bengals have said, "NO."

Like they have said, pro-rate his signing bonuses and salaries and he's the 2nd highest paid WR in the NFL. Well, he still wants more. Well, screw him.

He just loves getting those 15 million dollar checks cut out to him and the Bengals finally reached their tipping point.
    Although he actually never did demand a new signing bonus or contract.

It's more than just $, if it were just about $, he wouldn't be alienating everyone in the city and burning bridges left and right.

While he's a complete moron and as immature and irresponsible as it gets outside of football, like Carl Pickens and Corey Dillon, he's one of the all-time great NFL WR's at this point, and is tired of losing.

Yes, the Bengals are still known as losers and being cheap amongst the players.

Quote Originally Posted by dsmith421 View Post
    A friend of mine put it best. Chad feels that he's been unfairly scapegoated by the fans and media for the team's overall crapulence, and feels it is appropriate to act like a spoiled child in response. By that logic, Adam Dunn should be allowed to machine gun a crowd of nuns holding babies in broad daylight on Fountain Square.
    I really was thinking along these lines. The bengals had two disappointing seasons in a row and it seemed that most of the criticism was geared towards Chad. The horriable media in this city thought that Chad's celebrations and attitude on the field was the root cause of the disappointing seasons.

The Bengals have never been that cheap when it comes to paying their players. IMO they have rewarded loyality too much and have ignored production and age. The current version of the Bengals has been well taken care of by the Bengals. Chad, Carson, TJ, Willie, and Levi were all extended at the proper time. I really wonder if this whole episode is a mix of Chad wanting an extention and the Bengals saying play in 08 and we will work on an extention during the season and the media blaming everything on Chad.

Quote Originally Posted by CrackerJack View Post
    Although he actually never did demand a new signing bonus or contract.

It's more than just $, if it were just about $, he wouldn't be alienating everyone in the city and burning bridges left and right.

While he's a complete moron and as immature and irresponsible as it gets outside of football, like Carl Pickens and Corey Dillon, he's one of the all-time great NFL WR's at this point, and is tired of losing.

Yes, the Bengals are still known as losers and being cheap amongst the players.
    Yeah he did.

Boom Goes the Dynamite Screwball's Avatar

I'm surprised this hasn't been mentioned yet. From Lance's blog:

Jay Glazer, FOX NFL Insider with Jim Rome....on Chad

"It's too late to salvage this. People just don't understand how bad it has gotten. Last year, in a team meeting before a game...coaches asked if anyone had a problem with Chad. Carson Palmer stood up and said, "yea, I have a problem with him". Chad and Carson began arguing. Chad was screaming at Carson in the middle of the room"
    Good Lord.
    Last edited by Screwball; 04-25-2008 at 04:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Screwball View Post
    I'm surprised this hasn't been mentioned yet. From Lance's blog:

Good Lord.
    Jay Glazer forgot to mention it was Festivus! Carson was just getting into the spirit of Festivus with the Airing of Grievances.

Burn down the disco. Hang the blessed DJ. Because the music that he constantly plays, it says nothing to me about my life.

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    Jay Glazer forgot to mention it was Festivus! Carson was just getting into the spirit of Festivus with the Airing of Grievances.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

How long did it take you to do that?

I wish I could take credit for creating that smilie ROFL masterpiece.

I must admit I happened across it during one of my sojourns across the internet.

I think the Bengals are discussing Mendenhall in hopes of scaring a team into giving them a great package to trade dow...lol. Couldn't finish that thought with a straight face...
    "I saw Wedding Crashers accidentally. I bought a ticket for Grizzly Man and went into the wrong theater. After an hour, I figured I was in the wrong theater, but I kept waiting. Thatís the thing about bear attacks. They come when you least expect it."-Dwight K. Schrute

Well, I guess we should be happy that we had 2 decent seasons before dropping back to being the laughingstock of the NFL. I'm the eternal optimist, but being realistic I just don't see how this team is going to recover from this debacle. I know one thing for sure: it won't be anytime soon.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

www.kylevoska.com - Golfer? Check out my blog for golf tips.

Turn Off Ads?