Turn Off Ads?
Page 38 of 39 FirstFirst ... 28343536373839 LastLast

Thread: Chad Johnson -- The definitive Thread

Re: Chad Johnson -- The definitive Thread

Clark Judge over at cbssportsline.com put up an article asking 4 NFL GMs and/or player personnel directors what they'd give up if Chad Johnson (amongst others) was hypothetically available in a trade. Here's what they said:

Chad Johnson, Wide Receiver, Cincinnati

He says he will attend next weekend's minicamp. Nope, check that, he now says he might not. Perfect. You never know what's going on with Chad Johnson, but, guaranteed, whatever it is it's always about Chad Johnson. Sure, he's a talented wide receiver, but he's also a pain in the keister. He reminds me of that Dolly Parton quote: "The way I see it, if you want the rainbow you gotta put up with the rain." So how much rain are you willing to take?

GM No. 1: "I wouldn't touch this guy with a 10-foot pole. Now, that doesn't mean I don't think he's an elite receiver. He is. He's one of the top five in the game. But it's what he brings to your locker room with his antics and his attitude. It's all about him. Now if you're someone like New England with a veteran locker room that can handle a guy like this, yeah, it might be worth a shot. He's a Randy Moss-Terrell Owens kind of guy, if you know what I mean, so I could see someone that thought it could handle him giving up a two (second-round pick) for him. But you have to know what you're getting, and that's a disruptive, talented, productive jerk."

GM No. 2: "I wouldn't have him if he was offered for free. He's like David Boston, Terrell Owens and Jeremy Shockey. They're all quality players, but you have to put up with all this other stuff, and, I'm sorry, I'm not interested. I'll take a lesser player in talent who has a solid work ethic and won't be a distraction. I'll be honest: I loved the statement Marvin Lewis made about Johnson after putting up with this nonsense for years. Now the Bengals are on the right path because if he comes back, goes to training camp, then starts acting up, they can get him for 'conduct detrimental.' Believe me, the Bengals have a file accumulated on this guy. But if you're asking me what I'd give for him, I wouldn't take him on under any circumstances. There's too much of a risk to the rest of the team."

GM No. 3: "I'm a little different. I might be willing to give up a first-rounder based on his production. But you absolutely must be sure he can fit into your locker room before you make a move. Talent never has been the question with him; it's all that other stuff that's the concern."

GM No. 4: "I wouldn't give you two cents for him because of the headaches he causes the organization, the people upstairs and the guys in the locker room. I don't argue that he's talented, but he brings too many problems with him for me to be remotely interested."
    http://www.sportsline.com/print/nfl/story/10855212

2. Turn Off Ads?

GM No 2 clearly works for or did work for a team involved with David Boston. He's not exactly the first guy I think of when talented problems are discussed.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Curious to see what happens this week with Chad. Will he show up? If he does, will he be wearing a clown's suit? If not, will he be on ESPN all week making excuses? I really don't have a clue what he will do.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

He's arrived at camp

Chad in building
    June 12, 2008
    ShareThis

Updated: 9 a.m.
    The Bengals confirmed Thursday morning that Chad Johnson is at Paul Brown Stadium as the Bengals prepare for the first practice of their mandatory minicamp.

No word if he plans to practice when the Bengals work this morning and afternoon in a camp that ends with a Saturday morning workout after two more on Friday.

Also expected to attend after missing all of the voluntary workouts are fellow Pro Bowl wide receiver T.J. Houshmandzadeh, left tackle Levi Jones and cornerback Deltha O'Neal.

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

Well, he may be there but it doesn't sound like he's done much so far.

http://www.bengals.com/news/news.asp?story_id=6837

BTW-I can't argue with any of those GMs who talked about whether or not they would want Chad for their teams. Why would anyone want him when he's caused so much trouble in this offseason? I get a headache just thinking about him now.
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

This is from Trent. I really wish he had stayed home. This is the same crap TO pulled in Philly show up make sure everyone knows you are unhappy in hopes eventually they will get rid of you.

Chad Johnson was at Paul Brown Stadium in time for the team's meeting before practice.

Johnson came onto the field for practice after the team had finished stretching, during a team drill.

Johnson, with his shoes untied, participated in some drills, and watched others. Basically, if it involved a football, he didn't do it. Otherwise, he did.

He spent much of the time looking down and making sure everyone knew by his body language that he was unhappy.

Idiot still doesn't realize Mike Brown won't budge...and in a rare occurance, I can't blame Mike Brown in this one. Stand your ground, somebody has to against these selfish, clueless athletes.

It also sounds like he never took care of that ankle injury that he had last season.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw View Post
    Idiot still doesn't realize Mike Brown won't budge...and in a rare occurance, I can't blame Mike Brown in this one. Stand your ground, somebody has to against these selfish, clueless athletes.
    I agree, I bet Marvin whispered to him, "if you dont practice you'll be inactive once the games start."

The Bengals called the Drama Queen's bluff. Drew tried to stiff arm the Bengals, and they both lost. Marvin Lewis needs to stick to his guns.

It appears to me that Johnson is going to come in, yet continue to try and be a distraction to the rest of the team, in hopes that they will get disgusted and trade him.

The guy has slowly destroyed his image with a majority of the fan base, as well as other organizations. And the idiot is not doing anything to try and restore that. He's that stupid. Talented yes. But extremely stupid.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by icehole3 View Post
    Most confusing exchange I have heard since Chad called ESPN. I can't quite make out what he is sayin at the end. I think it is something to the effect that he doesn't appreciate Marvin asking for som love while he is p'd off. The funny thing is it looked and sounded like Marvin was instigating some trouble which is absolutely hillarious. Childish? Maybe. Still hillarious and I hope it really got under Chad's skin.

Sounds like Chad really is in financial trouble. Now he wants money from Trent:

Chad Johnson has requested a one-on-one interview with me. He says I owe him $20.

Johnson not only was at practice today, he again participated in group drills with the receivers and was even first in line to do all the drills. He was smiling and laughing with his teammates.

Because I am your full-service blogger here at The Lot D, I not only got this video:

But I also snapped still photos for use on the website.

Like this one (yeah, if you didn't notice, I never took a photojournalism class at UGA)

Anyway, Johnson decided I needed to pay for the right to take his picture.

"That's $20 for every picture," he said.

"What?"

"$20. You owe me $20"

"Um. OK, sure Chad."

"Hobson, who is that?" Johnson asked Bengals.com's Geoff Hobson.

"Trent Rosencrans," Hobson said.

"Who?" Johnson asked.

"Trent Rosecrans," I said.

"After practice, you and me, one-on-one."

"Sounds good."

"You better have my money."

"If you're asking me for money, you're barking up the wrong tree," I said.

"Oh, I've got a bark. And I'll have a tree," Johnson said.

So, practice is winding up. We'll see if I get my 1-on-1. I doubt it.
    It's true what they say, you can cover Chad Johnson man-to-man -- that even goes for the media

Johnson said, "C. Trent? Glad to meet you."

"Thanks," I said. "Are we going to do the one-on-one?"

"There's no one-on-ones," Johnson said.

Then after a pause, he said, "You have my money?"

"I see, it's all about the money," I said.

"It's never about the money," Johnson said.

Then people asked him about today, saying he looked happier today.

"I don't have anything to be mad about," Johnson said. "I'm happy."

And that was about it, someone turned on a tape recorder and we walked away.

That's what all this is about. Money.

That's ALL it's been about.

Quote Originally Posted by SeeinRed View Post
    The funny thing is it looked and sounded like Marvin was instigating some trouble which is absolutely hillarious. Childish? Maybe. Still hillarious and I hope it really got under Chad's skin.
    http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn...c.php?t=423010

reading this tells me the Bengals know exactly what theyre doing and theyre letting him paint himself into a corner. Remember Mike Brown won his case against the IRS and he's beaten Stan Chesley considered by many as a modern day Perry Mason. Chad will lose this fight every day and sunday.

Turn Off Ads?