Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 39 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Chad Johnson -- The definitive Thread

For a Level Playing Field

Re: Would you trade Chad Johnson for a #1 pick?

Hasn't the guy (Chad) led the AFC in receiving yards 4 seasons? Didn't he just set the team record for receiving yards in a season?

No trade. He has not shown any signs of decline from my view. The media may not like him, but those who listen to the media are doomed to fail. Some may not like his act, but he plays hard and sets records.

T.J. and Henry (when not suspended) benefit when Chad draws two men to cover him. Take away Chad and you make it easier for defenses to stop the other two.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I would not, but I would draft a pyschotherapist in the third round.

Quote Originally Posted by cincrazy View Post
    Absolutely not. I wouldn't under normal circumstances, but especially so considering this franchise would probably waste another first round pick on a linebacker that can't stay out of prison or a running back who can't stay on the field.
    When did the Bengals waste a first round draft pick on a linebacker who can't stay out of prison?

Re: Chad Johnson hints at trade demand

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    But irregardless Chip - I just find it hilarious that Bengal fans have had no problem whatsoever, in the past, bringing to everyone attention players from around the league, and in sports in general, who have shown to be self-serving jerks. But when it's one of their very own they find ways to justify and excuse it.

Since I'm neither a Bengals or a Browns fan, I can be pretty objective about Chad Johnson. I'm not going to claim he has always acted perfectly but he's hardly the "bad actor" you and others make him out to be. If the worst thing you can indict him on is what happened during that playoff game against PIT, he's pretty much a model citizen. Chad Johnson getting a penalty for excessive celebration is no worse than another player getting a penalty for a late hit or roughing the kicker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    When did the Bengals waste a first round draft pick on a linebacker who can't stay out of prison?
    Pollack.... of course he was visiting people and reading them the bible.

I love Chad, and love what he brings to the table...

But yeah, I would. With a QB like Carson and a better running game (in theory), the Bengals could score 24-27 points a game with league average WRs.

But Chip is right, Chad Johnson would not bring a first round pick. More like a 3. 1st rounders are traded by teams who are "one guy" from a complete roster. How many teams are in that spot, and how many of them need a WR? I don't think any.

I'd rather them trade off #9 down to the 17-20 range and add another 2, maybe another 3 and 5. If a big name guy falls (ie Big Ben/Brady Quinn), I'd try my hardest to pull off the kind of deal Dallas pulled with the Browns.

How about this.

Would you trade TJ Houshmanzadeh for a first round pick?
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    How about this.

Would you trade TJ Houshmanzadeh for a first round pick?
    I certainly would.

Unfortunately I don't see TH being worth a 1st round pick in the NFL. If some team wants to offer a 1st for TH, then by all means, send TH packing.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Pollack.... of course he was visiting people and reading them the bible.
    Good one doug.

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    I exaggerated slightly when I threw prison in there, but for all intents and purposes, Odell Thurman might as well be in prison

Quote Originally Posted by cincrazy View Post
    I exaggerated slightly when I threw prison in there, but for all intents and purposes, Odell Thurman might as well be in prison
    Point is, he wasn't a first round pick.

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    Who are you referring to? CJ or T.O.? I've lost track.

Because as far as I'm concerned, they're both two pees in a pod.

Look - I've already acknowledged previously that T.O. and Moss' behavioral history is nothing to brag about, and pretty sad. To me that is not really the issue at all, and has nothing to do with Chad Johnson.

The statement was made that they were playing in the post-season last weekend, and that is all that matters.

And I was simply illustrating that this year, regardless of their previous conduct, which we all would agree was deplorable, you haven't heard a peep out of either of these two guys. And even when they have given interviews they've been pretty tame.

But irregardless Chip - I just find it hilarious that Bengal fans have had no problem whatsoever, in the past, bringing to everyone attention players from around the league, and in sports in general, who have shown to be self-serving jerks. But when it's one of their very own they find ways to justify and excuse it.
    How in the hell can you compare Chad Johnson with Terrell Owens?

Chad has never said a bad word about any teammate to the media. TJ has yelled on the sidelines just as much as Chad.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

Would you trade Chad Johnson for a #1 pick?
    Yes, in a heartbeat, regardless of the draft position in the first round.

Chad isn't the entire problem, but he is part of the problem. I don't care how many yards he has gained. If you gain 100 yards and then drop the crucial third down pass with the game on the line, your team still loses. If you gain 125 yards one week and then cause a sideline disruption while gaining 30 yards the next game, the team isn't going to go 2-0 in those two games.

Bill Parcells was asked about "certain players" who had loads of talent but who had other issues. The question was (paraphrasing) "Can you afford to trade a guy with so much talent?" Parcells' reply was "You can't afford to NOT trade him".

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric View Post
    How in the hell can you compare Chad Johnson with Terrell Owens?

Chad has never said a bad word about any teammate to the media. TJ has yelled on the sidelines just as much as Chad.
    Chad has never questioned Carson's fortitude (Donovan McNabb) or his sexuality (Jeff Garcia). He's never created so much rancor with his team to warrant being suspended for four games. TO's happy now because he was on a playoff team, but I guarantee you if the Cowboys went in the tank, TO's mouth would be running.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

GAC, I am willing to give Chad some slack because 1) his performance on the field, and 2) his antics in the past have largely been harmless. I can only hope his current behavior is merely frustration at the backsliding the Bengals saw this season, a frustration that many of us Bengals fans feel ourselves. Except for maybe Big Willie, most of Chad's teammates have taken up for him and say he's just a passionate guy who works hard. On the other hand, guys like TO and Randy Moss didn't exactly endear themselves to their teammates in other cities. Those quys are quiet now because they were able to P.I.T.A. their way onto a winning team. The question is, do you want a passionate guy willing to work hard on a team trying to shed its past history or do you want a guy who only seems to play nice with his teammates when they're already winning?

Personally, I find the ability of NFL players to raise a stink big enough to force their team to trade them distasteful. I much prefer a system where guys work hard to play out their contracts in hopes that they'll get paid by a team they want to play for in the next contract. I give Chad the benefit of the doubt now, but if he's doing this on Rosenhaus' advice to get out of Cincinnati, then I will no longer have any sympathy for him.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Turn Off Ads?