Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 39 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Chad Johnson -- The definitive Thread

Re: Would you trade Chad Johnson for a #1 pick?

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    How about this.

Would you trade TJ Houshmanzadeh for a first round pick?
    Yes, but I don't see anyone giving up a first round pick for him.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Yeah I'd trade him.

By the time this team has a defense to compete Chad will be in decline because of age. Lets go get some defense!

Quote Originally Posted by Bip Roberts View Post
    Anyone that understands the NFL and the reasons why Moss only netted a 4th
    Not necessarily true. If the Bengals do decide a trade is necessary, they're not exactly dealing from a position of strength. Chad's sideline and locker room antics are well documented. Anyone trying to deal for him will obviously know that and take that in consideration when offering compensation.

To answer the question, if someone offered a first rounder for Chad, I'd take it in a heart beat. Not gonna happen though.
    I'm just like everybody else. I have two arms, two legs and 4,000 hits."

-Pete Rose

Chad Johnson is not the problem. He's vocal, he can be annoying and he draws far more attention to himself than he should. But he also draws an enormous amount of attention from defenses, which I believe opens up a lot of passes to other receivers. And he still gets his catches despite the double teaming.

The problem is that the Bengals have drafted the wrong positions. What they need is an offensive line that pushes the line of scrimmage down the field and a defensive line that stops the run and forces the pocket shut.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck View Post
    Chad Johnson is not the problem. He's vocal, he can be annoying and he draws far more attention to himself than he should. But he also draws an enormous amount of attention from defenses, which I believe opens up a lot of passes to other receivers. And he still gets his catches despite the double teaming.

The problem is that the Bengals have drafted the wrong positions. What they need is an offensive line that pushes the line of scrimmage down the field and a defensive line that stops the run and forces the pocket shut.
    As the immortal Arthur Fonzarelli would say, "Exactamundo."
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck View Post

Whether he is the problem or not, he's perceived as the problem. And not just by the media. Listen to the post game interviews with guys like John Thornton talking about selfishness. Who else is he talking about? I'm not saying that moving Chad solves all the problems, or even for that matter that he is a problem. My point is that he is a perceived problem and sometimes that's all it takes.

Of course, hanging on to him just gives them more excuses as to why they're still not any good and aren't close to making a serious run in the playoffs.

-Pete Rose

Quote Originally Posted by rotnoid View Post
    Whether he is the problem or not, he's perceived as the problem. And not just by the media. Listen to the post game interviews with guys like John Thornton talking about selfishness. Who else is he talking about? I'm not saying that moving Chad solves all the problems, or even for that matter that he is a problem. My point is that he is a perceived problem and sometimes that's all it takes.

Of course, hanging on to him just gives them more excuses as to why they're still not any good and aren't close to making a serious run in the playoffs.
    I would tell Thorton to shut up and do your job. Nothing is worse than the defense not getting the job done and complaining about selfishness.

The second any coach starts listening to the media he should be fired. The media in this city really leans towards guys who appear on their shows or talk to them. Guys like Thorton, Madieu, Chinny, etc. The meida friendly guys tend to get a free pass in this city.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    I would tell Thorton to shut up and do your job. Nothing is worse than the defense not getting the job done and complaining about selfishness.
    Especially since Thornton is one of the worst defensive linemen in football and has been a complete and utter bust in Cincinnati. That guy has absolutely no room to criticize anyone else's performance.

If John Thornton is talking about anyone not on the defensive side of the ball, then he needs to shut his pie hole. If he's a leader of the defense, then his leadership stinks.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    If John Thornton is talking about anyone not on the defensive side of the ball, then he needs to shut his pie hole. If he's a leader of the defense, then his leadership stinks.
    Maybe, but that's really not the point. If Chad's antics have reached so far that they're affecting guys on the defenseive side of the ball, maybe there's something more to it. I'm sure there are other examples, Thornton just seems to be the most vocal- another problem for another day though (the lack of vocal leaders).

I've always been a Chad defender, but lately he seems to be more and more TO-like in his approach to things. Maybe that's just because he's tired of the media, but when he goes on the radio (Mike & Mike last Friday) and starts talking about the locker room, it's gone too far for my tastes.

-Pete Rose

Maybe, but that's really not the point. If Chad's antics have reached so far that they're affecting guys on the defenseive side of the ball, maybe there's something more to it. I'm sure there are other examples, Thornton just seems to be the most vocal- another problem for another day though (the lack of vocal leaders).

I've always been a Chad defender, but lately he seems to be more and more TO-like in his approach to things. Maybe that's just because he's tired of the media, but when he goes on the radio (Mike & Mike last Friday) and starts talking about the locker room, it's gone too far for my tastes.
    I don't think his antics are affecting the defensive side of the ball. If John Thornton is talking about Chad, then I think he's just passing the buck. The defense played poorly long before Chad started becoming a "problem."

Senor Votto

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    How about this.

Would you trade TJ Houshmanzadeh for a first round pick?
    Only if I knew Chris Henry would stay out of trouble

Where is Thorton opening up his mouth when Madieu Williams is dancing after making a play when the team was losing? Where is Thorton opening up his mouth when the D let Shawn Hill look like Joe Montana? Where was Thorton when the D gave up 51 points to the Browns?

Look I know Chad had a bad year and I know he did some things on the field that he shouldn't have but fact of the matter is what Chad did on the offensive side of the ball shouldn't have effected the D one bit. I don't recall him getting a 15 yard penality for a TD celebration this year so he really didn't do any harm to that defensive unit.

I love how people never give chad credit for saying "its our offenses job to score more points" when asked about the terrible D

If it weren't for the salary cap issues, I would do it. The salary cap issues make the trade ridiculous, though. T.J. Houshmandzadeh plus the other receivers is still a decent receiving corps, and the extra first round pick could be used for defense.

Turn Off Ads?