Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 39 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 581

Thread: Chad Johnson -- The definitive Thread

  1. #106
    Hisssssssss Yachtzee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Land of the Lost
    Posts
    7,254

    Re: Would you trade Chad Johnson for a #1 pick?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bip Roberts View Post
    I love how people never give chad credit for saying "its our offenses job to score more points" when asked about the terrible D
    Because, more often than not, the offense did do its job of scoring more points. It's the D that failed to put up more resistance than a stiff breeze. You have to be able to count on your D to make a stop every once in a while.
    Burn down the disco. Hang the blessed DJ. Because the music that he constantly plays, it says nothing to me about my life.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #107
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,189

    Re: Would you trade Chad Johnson for a #1 pick?

    Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    Because, more often than not, the offense did do its job of scoring more points. It's the D that failed to put up more resistance than a stiff breeze. You have to be able to count on your D to make a stop every once in a while.
    No im just saying that Chad has never thrown anyone on the team under the bus. He wont bad mouth anyone on the team yet people thing hes a big ole selfish dude that doesnt care about anyone but himself.

  4. #108
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,189

    Re: Would you trade Chad Johnson for a #1 pick?

    and lord knows no one in the cincy media will cover anything positive about chad, they are too busy making stuff up and not being able to back it up with any facts. Or they just pull the "a little bird told me" bull crap. Lance Mcallister is the worst at pulling that card.

  5. #109
    Boom Goes the Dynamite Screwball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    West Chester
    Posts
    2,415

    Re: Would you trade Chad Johnson for a #1 pick?

    Look I know Chad had a bad year
    This seems to be a far too prevalent train of thouht concerning Chad Johnson. This past season he had 93 catches for 1440 yards. He had 8 TDs. I'll concede he had a couple game-changing drops, but the numbers he put up were indicative of a season that was anything but bad.

    I'm sure this'll put me in the minority, but there's no way in hell I trade away the (arguably) most explosive player on the team. He demands double and triple teams, which leaves holes and seams for guys like Housh and Henry to get open or to simply beat 1 on 1 coverage. From everything I've read he's as hard a worker as there is in the NFL. If we had more "problems" just like him on the defense, we'd be the perennial favorites to win the Super Bowl.

  6. #110
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,189

    Re: Would you trade Chad Johnson for a #1 pick?

    Chad put up receiving yards but to watch every game like most people and say that he had a good year is pretty silly. It wasnt all him though either.

  7. #111
    Stat Wanker Hodiernus RedsManRick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    15,929

    Re: Would you trade Chad Johnson for a #1 pick?

    I wouldn't trade him for a #1, but I'd trade him for two #3s. 2 reasons. Firstly, WR in general are overrated. Give me a great offensive line and an accurate quarterback and I can get you a cheap WR to give you 80 catches, 1000 yards, and 8-10 TDs. Secondly, depth, particularly on the lines and at linebacker, is crucial. Johnson can't have an impact if our LG goes down and we don't have a capable replacement.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

  8. #112
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,189

    Re: Would you trade Chad Johnson for a #1 pick?

    Why on earth would you pass up a 2nd 1st rounder for 2 3rds. how about we trade him for 6 7th rounders?

  9. #113
    Boom Goes the Dynamite Screwball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    West Chester
    Posts
    2,415

    Re: Would you trade Chad Johnson for a #1 pick?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bip Roberts View Post
    Chad put up receiving yards but to watch every game like most people and say that he had a good year is pretty silly. It wasnt all him though either.
    Sorry, I'll try to keep my facts and evidence out of the discussion.

    I too watched all the games (hence I conceded him committing a couple of huge blunders during the season) and to say he didn't have a good '07 campaign is a testament to just how much Bengals fans take for granted Chad's production. As I've said above, he puts up monster numbers while being the focal point of the opposing defense. He makes it easier for other players to do their jobs. Unless the Bengals get bowled over by an offer of draft picks, you keep his huge production in Cincinnati.

  10. #114
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,189

    Re: Would you trade Chad Johnson for a #1 pick?

    Quote Originally Posted by Screwball View Post
    Sorry, I'll try to keep my facts and evidence out of the discussion.

    I too watched all the games (hence I conceded him committing a couple of huge blunders during the season) and to say he didn't have a good '07 campaign is a testament to just how much Bengals fans take for granted Chad's production. As I've said above, he puts up monster numbers while being the focal point of the opposing defense. He makes it easier for other players to do their jobs. Unless the Bengals get bowled over by an offer of draft picks, you keep his huge production in Cincinnati.
    I understand your point but he and palmer put up big numbers again this year but i wouldnt consider either having a good year. The whole offense outside of TJ had a really bad and inconsistent year.

  11. #115
    GR8NESS WMR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Lexington, Kentucky
    Posts
    16,957

    Re: Would you trade Chad Johnson for a #1 pick?

    Chad will turn 31 next season. Just throwing that out there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"


  12. #116
    So long old friend rotnoid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Cincinnati,Ohio
    Posts
    1,264

    Re: Would you trade Chad Johnson for a #1 pick?

    Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    Look I know Chad had a bad year and I know he did some things on the field that he shouldn't have but fact of the matter is what Chad did on the offensive side of the ball shouldn't have effected the D one bit. I don't recall him getting a 15 yard penality for a TD celebration this year so he really didn't do any harm to that defensive unit.
    Not on the field. I agree. Chad has not had any immediate on the field affect on the defensive system. But don't you think the locker room atmosphere is at least being slightly impacted? That's my point. When TO was going all TO in Philly, it wasn't an offensive player that punched him in the mouth, it was Hugh Douglas. What goes on on the field is all well and good, but there is more to a football team than stats and x's and o's.
    I'm just like everybody else. I have two arms, two legs and 4,000 hits."

    -Pete Rose

  13. #117
    Start the Reactor! *BaseClogger*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Midland, MI
    Posts
    6,413

    Re: Would you trade Chad Johnson for a #1 pick?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bip Roberts View Post
    Why on earth would you pass up a 2nd 1st rounder for 2 3rds. how about we trade him for 6 7th rounders?
    Hey Bip, it's the quantity vs. quality arguement again!
    "On-base percentage is great if you can score runs and do something with that on-base percentage," Baker said. "Clogging up the bases isn't that great to me."

  14. #118
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,189

    Re: Would you trade Chad Johnson for a #1 pick?

    Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    Hey Bip, it's the quantity vs. quality arguement again!
    Yea but this could actually be a argument when the other is just an incomplete equation.

  15. #119
    Hisssssssss Yachtzee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Land of the Lost
    Posts
    7,254

    Re: Would you trade Chad Johnson for a #1 pick?

    Quote Originally Posted by rotnoid View Post
    Not on the field. I agree. Chad has not had any immediate on the field affect on the defensive system. But don't you think the locker room atmosphere is at least being slightly impacted? That's my point. When TO was going all TO in Philly, it wasn't an offensive player that punched him in the mouth, it was Hugh Douglas. What goes on on the field is all well and good, but there is more to a football team than stats and x's and o's.

    IIRC, Philly's defense was pretty decent, so Hugh Douglas had some room to talk. Plus, TO was busy throwing his QB under the bus. I have yet to see Chad throw Carson under the bus. Thornton and the D have to get their own house in order before they can talk about the offense.
    Burn down the disco. Hang the blessed DJ. Because the music that he constantly plays, it says nothing to me about my life.

  16. #120
    C-A-T-S CATS! CATS! CATS! WVRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Almost Heaven
    Posts
    8,445

    Re: Would you trade Chad Johnson for a #1 pick?

    Quote Originally Posted by Highlifeman21 View Post
    I certainly would.

    Unfortunately I don't see TH being worth a 1st round pick in the NFL. If some team wants to offer a 1st for TH, then by all means, send TH packing.
    TJ= 112 receptions, 1,143 yards, 12 TD's
    Chad= 93 receptions, 1,440 yards, 8 TD's

    Yet you wouldn't send Chad. I know Chad has been more consistent and productive since entering the league while TJ has had to work his way up, but as Willy Mo pointed out, Chad is 31 and TJ is about the same age. Wide receiver is also the most overrated and overglorified position on offense and once they age, its impossible to predict whether or not they will stay healthy.

    Here's a better question. TO is a FA at the end of the season. If Dallas called and offered both first round picks(Keyshawn trade) for Chad, would you take it and use the picks to revamp the defense?
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25