Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Huston Street

Huston Street

Since the A's are in full firesale mode, Huston Street is probably on the block. What would you trade for a young power arm like Street? If I could I'd probably trade...

Cueto, Votto, LeCure, Valakia

for

Street.

Beane traded away Haren for a large quantity of prospects, while Kotsay was dealt for one of good quality. This deal, kind of a mixture of both, could probably get it done. The A's line is going to need some thump down the line (Votto), while I'm not sure Oakland has a lot, if any, quality young pitchers, so Cueto and LeCure kind of fill that role. The A's I think at this point are primarily lacking offense, so if need be, you could probably close the deal by adding a type like Dorn or Francisco.

Thoughts?
    I hope it's never sunny in Philly again.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Huston Street

im glad ur not our gm cuz that would be moronic
    Barry Larkin = Future Hall Of Famer

We might do a trade like that for a #2 starting pitcher, but I would not expect one like that for a reliever. Also, I believe Street is a closer, and I think we just signed one in Cordero.

Quote Originally Posted by AmarilloRed View Post
    We might do a trade like that for a #2 starting pitcher, but I would not expect one like that for a reliever. Also, I believe Street is a closer, and I think we just signed one in Cordero.
    True, but I wouldn't call the BP fixed yet, and Street is an impact player.

Our BP could actually be a strength if he were added.
    I hope it's never sunny in Philly again.

For Blanton AND Street yes.

If Bedard's asking price is high right now, I would imagine Street's is just as high, if not higher. I like the idea of targeting some good pen arms, but Steet wouldn't be that logical.
    That hit was plenty fair. Atleast by a quarter of an inch.
    -Steve Stone

Take out Cueto, and maybe. I'm not trading Johnny for anything but a number one starter.
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

Start the Reactor! *BaseClogger*'s Avatar

For a guy that will throw 60 innings!?
    "On-base percentage is great if you can score runs and do something with that on-base percentage," Baker said. "Clogging up the bases isn't that great to me."

I'd rather go after George Sherill if he is available because he would likely cost less, has a lower injury risk, and would be more open to a setup role...
    "On-base percentage is great if you can score runs and do something with that on-base percentage," Baker said. "Clogging up the bases isn't that great to me."

BAD BAD BAD idea. Two of our top prospects for an often injured closer. Not to mention the other two lower end prospects. If this were to ever happen, I'd personally go shoot WK.

That's a bit of an overpay for a relief pitcher. Maybe for Street and Blanton and someone else.
    "Six outs to a full inning. In a major league game, you're going to play 8 or 9 innings. That is never going to change. The money changes. People change. But the game itself is never going to change. The people who designed this thing are brilliant."-Jamie Moyer

The A's and Beane have been successful because they don't trade AWAY prospects, they ACQUIRE them. My opinion, bad idea.

Quote Originally Posted by dthomas24 View Post
    The A's and Beane have been successful because they don't trade AWAY prospects, they ACQUIRE them. My opinion, bad idea.
    successful at what?

Quote Originally Posted by Bip Roberts View Post
    successful at what?
    winning baseball games?

Quote Originally Posted by dthomas24 View Post
    From memory he's traded...

Andre Ethier
    Bonderman
    Carlos Pena
    Harang

all as prospects....

I'm sure he's traded other impact players as prospects but I can't find a list anywhere.

Turn Off Ads?