Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Re: Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    T3 is best ignored in time line discussions, and really in all Terminator discussions.
    WRONG!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Rottentomatoes certainly disagrees with you as well, Krono.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/term..._the_machines/

I'd watch Summer Glau read the phone book.

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I'd watch Summer Glau read the phone book.

Certainly is tough to take your eyes off of.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Certainly is tough to take your eyes off of.
    If people here haven't seen Firefly/Serenity, go out and get them.

Firefly is proof that the American public is made up mostly of idiots. 14 episodes + 1 film isn't nearly enough.

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post

Ugh. T3 was utter garbage. Unfortunately I've had to take Rotten Tomatoes' ratings with a grain of salt since Revenge of the Sith managed an 80%. I mean, I know we all wanted it to be good, but lets be honest...

Firefly is proof that the American public is made up mostly of idiots. 14 episodes + 1 film isn't nearly enough.
    Word.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    T3 is best ignored in time line discussions, and really in all Terminator discussions.
    Looks like the events of T3 are being completely retconned out of existence by this show. Due to the "time jump" plotline, the John Connor character skipped over the events that would've taken place at that time. No Kate Brewster, no hiding in the mountain.

Not to be confused with anything simple, though, in tonight's episode, they did reference that, had the timeline remained intact, Sarah Connor would have died of cancer in 2005 -- which was what T3 had established.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

By the by, I liked the first episode of SCC. I've got the 2nd one saved on my DVR to watch sometime this week.
    I loved the bank scene.

Quote Originally Posted by pahster View Post
    Ugh. T3 was utter garbage. Unfortunately I've had to take Rotten Tomatoes' ratings with a grain of salt since Revenge of the Sith managed an 80%. I mean, I know we all wanted it to be good, but lets be honest...
    Wow, you're way of on that one too, IMO.

Revenge of the Sith was on par with the original trilogy IMO. Totally salvaged the subpar episodes I and II.

Thought the show improved on the pilot in tonights episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    Looks like the events of T3 are being completely retconned out of existence by this show. Due to the "time jump" plotline, the John Connor character skipped over the events that would've taken place at that time. No Kate Brewster, no hiding in the mountain.

Not to be confused with anything simple, though, in tonight's episode, they did reference that, had the timeline remained intact, Sarah Connor would have died of cancer in 2005 -- which was what T3 had established.
    That makes me wonder... will Sarah Connor now die of cancer in 2012 or whatever it would be moving the timeframe forward? Will the cancer still gestate and manifest itself on the same timeframe, now shifted?

Quote Originally Posted by OUReds View Post
    I liked the first episode. I'll probably watch a bit longer, mostly because I think Summer Glau is smoking hot.
    True dat. She puts naughties in my head.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone792 View Post
    Summer Glau was the main reason why I bothered to even watch it last night.
    Unfortunately, Summer looked a bit "enchanced" in the first episode, and not due to CGI if you catch my meaning.

Agreed, although I'd blame the networks' poor handling of these shows over anything else. CBS cancelled "Jericho" although it's been revived for a short additional run. NBC cancelled "Journeyman". Basically, regardless of how good a show is, the networks will indiscriminately judge based on a poor rating system regardless of any other factors.

What kills good television shows, IMHO, is dumb studio execs who can't figure out that a great story has to play out over time in order to attract viewers. Instead, they want instant results that can pull the best advertising dollars without consideration to how they slot anything. Slot something against a juggernaut and get poor viewing results, and that show is dead. Stupid. Instead, they need to be conceding that time slot and position the offering where it'll actually resonate. A moron could figure out what TV studio executives can't. Start small, build a following, and then move the show to a prime slot. Instead, those folks only seem interested in backing "boom or bust" options that either take a longer time to gain interest or that can't possibly take their time slot due to the competition.

It's insane. Set up a good show that's destined to lose and then claim that you cancelled it when you already knew the competition was likely to trounce it. Heck, there are some network time slots that might be better served by offering infomercials. The gameplan should be to put the best shows in the weakest slots. That's the way to win a war. But gosh darn it, network television isn't the least bit interested in doing that. And it gets a lot of good offerings killed that could survive if given a different venue.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post

Yeah, I feel better about my choice now

T3 was utterly awful, IMO
    Go Gators!

Turn Off Ads?