Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Re: Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Here's an interesting blog article that brings up some of the issues that I had with the show.

Why did they wimpify Sarah Connor?

Summer Glau is great as a killing machine, but not so great when she's pretending to be a normal girl at first. So if it's true that future episodes will feature her character going to school with John and trying to act normal, that could be an issue. Thomas Dekker, as John Connor, has a bit of a mouth-breathing issue.
    I want the drama to fit better into the storyline and not just be an excuse for another shoot-em-up scene between the robots. The hiding-out aspect of the story feels a little too much like the hiding-out aspect of Heroes, especially since the actor playing John Connor looks so much like Claire's boyfriend West from this season of Heroes.
    /r/reds

2. Turn Off Ads?

Summer Glau in the bar fight scene in Serenity. The later against the Reavers. woof, she kicks ass.

My favorite scene was the robbery, when she's pointing out the guy going for his gun.

I miss firefly.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    Summer Glau in the bar fight scene in Serenity. The later against the Reavers. woof, she kicks ass.

My favorite scene was the robbery, when she's pointing out the guy going for his gun.

I miss firefly.
    I bought the DVD set. Well worth it.
    "The players make the manager, it's never the other way." - Sparky Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Unassisted View Post
    Here's an interesting blog article that brings up some of the issues that I had with the show.

Why did they wimpify Sarah Connor?

I want the drama to fit better into the storyline and not just be an excuse for another shoot-em-up scene between the robots. The hiding-out aspect of the story feels a little too much like the hiding-out aspect of Heroes, especially since the actor playing John Connor looks so much like Claire's boyfriend West from this season of Heroes.

...and actually is Claire's video-shooting friend Zach from the first season of Heroes.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

Quote Originally Posted by tixe View Post
    ...and actually is Claire's video-shooting friend Zach from the first season of Heroes.
    Wow, I'm usually good at picking up those crossovers, but I missed that one. He looks taller than he did on Heroes.
    /r/reds

FOX is crowing about the premiere numbers for Terminator: TSCC. Apparently it is the biggest premiere of the year with 34 million viewers. I'm sure the NFL playoff lead-in helped.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    FOX is crowing about the premiere numbers for Terminator: TSCC. Apparently it is the biggest premiere of the year with 34 million viewers. I'm sure the NFL playoff lead-in helped.
    There was a drop-off on Monday night -- but that's to be expected.

I'd have kept the show Sundays, personally. Fox used to rule on Sunday nights when the Simpsons didn't suck and the X-Files still had David Duchovny.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Remember Married With Children? That used to be another vital cog of their Sunday night line-up.

I watch very little TV network prime time offerings, but my wife and I both enjoyed the Sunday premiere, and I liked Monday's episode too. I agree that the production values appear to be close to that of the films (I have never seen T3).
    I hope the show is a success.....and yes, Summer Glau is nice.
    By the way, I agree with Krono-I was underwhelmed by "Revenge of the Sith."
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    I think a lot of people are coming to the realization that there aren't going to be any more episodes of their favorite shows for at least the rest of the winter. That's the main reason I sampled this show. I probably wouldn't have tuned in at all if I wasn't looking for a new series to watch.
    /r/reds

In case you missed this show and are interested in picking it up, the pilot episode is now a free download on iTunes.

Watched episodes 2 and 3 tonight. I'm really enjoying this so far. Main thing though is how much this show makes me miss Firefly.

But if Terminator Summer/River is all I can get, I'll take it.

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Watched episodes 2 and 3 tonight. I'm really enjoying this so far. Main thing though is how much this show makes me miss Firefly.

But if Terminator Summer/River is all I can get, I'll take it.

I liked her character in Firefly/Serenity infinitely more than her terminator.

But that's a tough standard to judge against. She was magnificent as River.
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

Quote Originally Posted by RFS62 View Post
    I liked her character in Firefly/Serenity infinitely more than her terminator.
    I can't figure out where they're planning on taking her Terminateen character -- in the pilot, I thought they were hinting at something about her model that was more human. She was better at 'blending in' initially (in the scene at Connor's high school in the pilot) and she also took food to eat.

Now, they've gone back to the whole "robot doesn't fit in with human interaction" stuff from T2. That particular plot-thread is not only tired (having been done before in the movies), but it also doesn't match up with what we already know about her character (that she was able to do the high school thing no problem).

I liked the idea that there was a new quirk to her model -- I hope they haven't abandoned that.

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    I can't figure out where they're planning on taking her Terminateen character -- in the pilot, I thought they were hinting at something about her model that was more human. She was better at 'blending in' initially (in the scene at Connor's high school in the pilot) and she also took food to eat.

Now, they've gone back to the whole "robot doesn't fit in with human interaction" stuff from T2. That particular plot-thread is not only tired (having been done before in the movies), but it also doesn't match up with what we already know about her character (that she was able to do the high school thing no problem).

I liked the idea that there was a new quirk to her model -- I hope they haven't abandoned that.
    I agree--in the pilot he more or less appeared to be "human" when she at the high school. A re-hash of T2 isn't the wa to go.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Turn Off Ads?