Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chris Shelton has been DFA'd

Chris Shelton has been DFA'd

Any interest in going after him? We could possibly use a right-handed hitting first baseman with some pop in his bat.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Chris Shelton has been DFA'd

I'd pick him up and give him a Triple A contract and if Hatteberg gets injured or gets traded then call him up for a while to see how he does.
    Most Vottomatic Player

This would be a nice move by WK. I believe Shelton generally cranks on lefties, which would be a major plus for this team.
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

I don't think that it will happen. If they wanted someone like this, they would have kept Cantu.

Start the Reactor! *BaseClogger*'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BigRed View Post
    I don't think that it will happen. If they wanted someone like this, they would have kept Cantu.
    Cantu was going to cost money in arb. Most are advocated a minor league contract, which is very different.

I agree that signing Shelton would be a good idea, but only if we trade Hatteberg. I don't think we have any openings on our AAA at the corner infield...
    "On-base percentage is great if you can score runs and do something with that on-base percentage," Baker said. "Clogging up the bases isn't that great to me."

Old Red Guard Reject

Quote Originally Posted by BigKlu View Post
    This would be a nice move by WK. I believe Shelton generally cranks on lefties, which would be a major plus for this team.
    He hits better against RHP unfortunately
    If you ain't first, you're last! - Ricky Bobby

Quote Originally Posted by Newman4 View Post
    He hits better against RHP unfortunately
    retract my statement then...
    "On-base percentage is great if you can score runs and do something with that on-base percentage," Baker said. "Clogging up the bases isn't that great to me."

If we can get him for a minor league contract with a ST major league invite, I would give it a shot. It seems this is the type of guy that Wayne loves to go after and he can play the OF too, can't he along with 1B, right? He is much younger than Hatteberg too and I think we would like him in there. But that's just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by crazybob60 View Post
    If we can get him for a minor league contract with a ST major league invite, I would give it a shot. It seems this is the type of guy that Wayne loves to go after and he can play the OF too, can't he along with 1B, right? He is much younger than Hatteberg too and I think we would like him in there. But that's just my opinion.
    can't play the OF

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    can't play the OF
    I just checked on baseball-reference.com and he does have OF playing experience with Detroit so he can play the OF along with
    1B if needed...although I bet he signs out west.

got alil captain in u?

pass on shelton he was a one hitwonder for the tigers.

He'd be a solid addition if he would sign a Minor league deal. You can never have too much depth.
    I hope it's never sunny in Philly again.

I think he would just eat up a roster spot that would be better used by someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephenk29 View Post
    I think he would just eat up a roster spot that would be better used by someone else.
    Who? Juan Castro? Mike Stanton?
    I hope it's never sunny in Philly again.

Quote Originally Posted by crazybob60 View Post
    I just checked on baseball-reference.com and he does have OF playing experience with Detroit so he can play the OF along with
    1B if needed...although I bet he signs out west.
    He has like 3 career games in left field and I'm not even sure they were for nine innings... he can't play the OF

Turn Off Ads?