Turn Off Ads?
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Mike Zimmer hired by Bengals

Re: Mike Zimmer hired by Bengals

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    You quoted a small part of a response I made to one of your exaggerations, gave you an answer right off the top of my rudimentary head, and you apparently had nothing with which to respond. No personal attack there, just a quick list of organizations that are horribly run and that the Bengals can currently say they no longer fit the mold. While that is faint praise indeed, it is amazing that you posted the above and have the nerve to call me condescending. I have not questioned your overall knowledge of the game, all I know is that when you post about the Bengals, it is full of vitriol and hate for the organization, and apparently obsessively so.
    Yeah, I have Mike Browns adress and I protest the Bengals by having season tickets.

What is there not to dislike about the way this organization has been run since Mike Brown completely took over? I don't understand how my opinions on other threads make me "obsessive" or full of hate. I certainly don't hate Mike Brown for being so inept. I just dislike the way he runs his organization and I post about it.

I'm honestly surprised that you find it so shocking that someone would argue the Bengals have in recent memory been an absolutely terribly ran franchise. My view isn't that they are badly run, I think they are the worst ran organization right above/below the Cardinals and the Clippers. That's not something you've heard once and certainly doesn't seem like a gross exaggeration to me. I think SI did a whole research article on pro organizations and the Bengals ranked in the bottom three. I'm not sure on that. If someone as respected as SI does an article like that I don't see how my point would be a gross exaggeration.
    Last edited by Cedric; 01-26-2008 at 02:03 AM.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Bip Roberts View Post
    I wish I was smarter than every coach, GM, and scout in the NFL.
    Now that's what I'm talking about. I was waiting for you to start making up stuff again. Unless every coach, GM, and scout in the NFL are employed by the Bengals I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

Is it really much of a stretch to conclude that there are countless people in America that could possibly do a better job than Mike Brown as a GM? I feel like I'm bizarro world having to defend myself against my perceived ineptitude of the Bengals organization. You do realize that many before me have argued the Bengals are the worst run pro sports team? You might disagree with me and that's fine.

I just said I wish I was smarter. General comment.

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    The Bengals just made the playoffs in 2005. Arizona Cardinals, Pittsburgh Pirates, Tampa Bay Devil Rays, Baltimore Orioles, Detroit Lions, Miami Dolphins (notwithstanding Parcells hire, but as you already hinted, they suddenly have your vote of approval, I'm sure fans are lined up for season tickets knowing that).

And those are just off the top of my head. I would at least think you would back off and say you were exaggerating to make a point, but the Bengals recent track record is contrary to your opinion.

And the timeframe isn't 15 years to make the statement you did, it is 5 years. I know you think Marvin is a buffoon, but I take that for what its worth having read many, many of your posts on the Bengals.
    I'll reply now at your service. You are right that people probably are waiting in line for season tickets in Miami. That Parcells guy has a decent reputation of building a football team.

And you are making a claim that a ONE year playoff run proves that the Bengals are a better run organization than the other teams you listed? If that's the only thing you look at in comparing teams than I guess you win. That is your basis for proving the Bengals are not a terrible organization?

The Cardinals got lucky and made the playoffs once in 1998 and beat the Cowboys in the playoffs. By your theory you would then automatically rank Arizona as a better run organization than the Dallas Cowboys because of one post season appearance and win. That is a shortsighted view and I would presume you would be in about the 1% fan population that felt Arizona was a better run organization than Dallas. Arizona also has one more playoff win than Dallas since 1995. By your opinion they are factually a better run organization than Dallas. I think I would be looking for something else to gauge an organization than statistical outliers like that. And I definitely would look for something different in the NFL where 16 games and schedule makes it MUCH easier for a team to compete for playoff appearances. Again by your theory the Bengals are a better run organization than the Oakland A's. They haven't made the playoffs since the Bengals did in 05. I could come up with a list of teams in pro sports that haven't made the playoffs in the last five years and compare it to the Bengals. I think you would have a hard time arguing the Bengals automatically are a better run organization than all those others because they had one season of success.

Comparing baseball post season appearances to NFL appearances is also apples to oranges for too many reasons to state here. I already bore you and most others surely

Your formula for proving an organization is better than another is your call. There is obviously no subjective data that could 100% prove of our view on the subject, but again I'd look for something else than post season. I wrote on the Bengals ineptitude in free agency, drafting, coaching hires, and the size of their scouting department. I could also use your post season formula and I seriously doubt that would crush my view that the Bengals are the worst ran organization.

You seem to have a problem more with my attitude towards the Bengals and not my opinion that they are ran poorly. I suppose you think they aren't ran well also because on the baseball side you are about as smart as it comes. I have a sneaking suspicion that my bitterness towards Mike Brown has made you refuse to respect my opinions. I understand that and maybe I should tone down the attitude when I make my points about the franchise. Delivery of opinions is listened to more if someone comes across as truly unbiased or open minded. You should know from my posting on the baseball side of the board that I'm generally very positive on the way the Reds are being ran. I don't think it's an understatement to say the Reds have been a bad team lately and if I was just bitter blindly I would trash them at all times, I don't do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric View Post
    Yeah, I have Mike Browns adress and I protest the Bengals by having season tickets.

What is there not to dislike about the way this organization has been run since Mike Brown completely took over? I don't understand how my opinions on other threads make me "obsessive" or full of hate. I certainly don't hate Mike Brown for being so inept. I just dislike the way he runs his organization and I post about it.

I'm honestly surprised that you find it so shocking that someone would argue the Bengals have in recent memory been an absolutely terribly ran franchise. My view isn't that they are badly run, I think they are the worst ran organization right above/below the Cardinals and the Clippers. That's not something you've heard once and certainly doesn't seem like a gross exaggeration to me. I think SI did a whole research article on pro organizations and the Bengals ranked in the bottom three. I'm not sure on that. If someone as respected as SI does an article like that I don't see how my point would be a gross exaggeration.
    You said "the worst run organization." You clearly use hyperbole then back off when someone gives you a few simple examples. You got the floor all to yourself as far as I'm concerned, I really have nothing to possibly contribute for someone who has the depth of knowledge that you do about all things NFL, but I suggest your know-it-all style would fit much better on the typical NFL board than on this little offshoot.

Turn Off Ads?