Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 28 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: American Idol 2008 Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

American Idol 2008 Thread

Can't wait for it to start. Let the critic in all of us begin!

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Re: American Idol 2008 Thread

That version of "Go Down Moses" had me laughing so hard it hurt. I was worse than Paula and Randy.

I thought overall it was a great premiere, mixing in more of the good singers with the lousy ones.

The chick in the pink jumper was nice. A good singer, too.
    The seven most magic words in all the land...
    "If, in the opinion of the referee,..."

The girl from Oregon, I think her name was Christy Leigh Cook, wow. She was smoking hot, plus she had that singing thing going for her too.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    The girl from Oregon, I think her name was Christy Leigh Cook, wow. She was smoking hot, plus she had that singing thing going for her too.
    She's my first pick to make the final 24.

Question: Have they already taped "Hollywood Week" and therefore already know who the final 24 is before any of this airs? If so, I suspect that some of these little features they do on certain people could be clues as to who made the final 24. Or is that pretty-much random?

Quote Originally Posted by macro View Post

Question: Have they already taped "Hollywood Week" and therefore already know who the final 24 is before any of this airs?
    In years past, they've made various "welcome back" references during Hollywood week. It's several months after what we're seeing now, but I don't know if they're shown in real time like the final 24 are.
    The seven most magic words in all the land...
    "If, in the opinion of the referee,..."

Quote Originally Posted by LawFive View Post
    In years past, they've made various "welcome back" references during Hollywood week. It's several months after what we're seeing now, but I don't know if they're shown in real time like the final 24 are.
    Okay, I found the answer right here. Hollywood week was done the last week of November, so they know who the final 24 is as we speak. There are leaks all over the Web if you want to dig for them. I chose to not find out.

The Rolling Stone article I linked above also states that the "group sing" portion of Hollywood week has been replaced with an a cappella portion. I assume that means they sing solo. I think that's a good move. The group sing thing was usually a disaster for most, and I'm not sure what it accomplished.

I also stumbled across info that says the contestants will be allowed to play musical instruments this year. Interesting.

High five!

No one liked the Star Wars girl?

Quote Originally Posted by nate View Post
    Wow....
    Benzinger backing and calling! And the 1990 world championship series belongs to the Cincinnati Reds!

Quote Originally Posted by nate View Post
    The best part of Star Wars girl, besides her hotness of course, was that as she was throwing a big hissy about AI wanting "only people who looked the same" there was rolling footage of people cut into her tirade. And those people all looked very different from each other.

The more she screamed about how they "all looked the same" the more footage rolled of different looking people.

Top notch.

High five!

Quote Originally Posted by Ltlabner View Post
    The best part of Star Wars girl, besides her hotness of course, was that as she was throwing a big hissy about AI wanting "only people who looked the same" there was rolling footage of people cut into her tirade. And those people all looked very different from each other.

The more she screamed about how they "all looked the same" the more footage rolled of different looking people.

Top notch.
    She could actually sing a little bit. I put her as the best of the wacky "victorious" girl and the "gold suited mumbler".

She should've gone for "Tatooine Idol"...or something.

I liked the guy last night with the white fur hat and cape that thought Simon was some kind of god. He could actually sing, but that got lost in all the craziness.

They seem to be sending some people to Hollywood that really shouldn't go. Like the politician kid and the farmer kid.

These early audition shows are like the Gong Show.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

My impression overall is that there was no one who was overwhelmingly "wow!" in the first two nights, but then they usually hold those back for Hollywood week, I think.

OKAY: Did anyone see that girl in the black and white dress running down the stairs at the VERY END of the show last night?!?!?!?!?!?!?

BEST.
    PART.
    YET.

The good looking people who can also sing will win, at least on the female side. That's my guess, and I don't watch it. Let me know if I'm right in the end.

Turn Off Ads?