Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Iron Man movie looks KICK ASS - Link to trailer

Re: Iron Man movie looks KICK ASS - Link to trailer

Loved Iron Man. Loved it. Loved everything about it.

I wasn't going to bother with Hulk, but I will now, if only for RDjr's cameo.
    "But I do know Joey's sister indirectly (or foster sister) and I have heard stories of Joey being into shopping, designer wear, fancy coffees, and pedicures."

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post

Oh yeah I was going to ask you what you thought about Iron Man the next time I saw you in the chat.

Is it offical that Robert Downey is going to be in the Hulk? If he is then I'll be seeing The Hulk on opening day.
    Most Vottomatic Player

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    The sequel has been pretty much rumored to focus on Tony's alcoholism, probably with Happy Hogan(Pepper's love interest) entering the picture. I'd say Rhodey will become War Machine as well.

Happy was in this film, by the way.

Jon Favreau

He was so money.
    "But I do know Joey's sister indirectly (or foster sister) and I have heard stories of Joey being into shopping, designer wear, fancy coffees, and pedicures."

Quote Originally Posted by Degenerate39 View Post
    Oh yeah I was going to ask you what you thought about Iron Man the next time I saw you in the chat.

Is it offical that Robert Downey is going to be in the Hulk? If he is then I'll be seeing The Hulk on opening day.
    Yeah, they supposedly showed his scene at the NY Comicon a couple weeks ago.

Marvel is setting up an Avengers movie. Thats why Downey is in there. Its why the Sam Jackson thing is in the credits. And its why Captain America and Thor movies have just been greenlighted.
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

Also Antman is being done by Edgar Wright (he of Shaun of the Dead fame)
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

I just saw it today. It wasn't one of the comics I read much as a kid, so I can't really compare it to anything, but it was pretty good. Downey was perfect for the role.

I saw it yesterday and liked it a lot.

I'm toolsy.

Is it safe for kids? What age group? Has anyone seen Speed Racer yet? I'm thikning of taking the little one (5 years old) to the movies tonight and he wants to see Iron Man and Speed Racer. I think both are rated PG, but that doesn't always mean they are good for young children.

Quote Originally Posted by FutureRedsGM View Post
    Is it safe for kids? What age group? Has anyone seen Speed Racer yet? I'm thikning of taking the little one (5 years old) to the movies tonight and he wants to see Iron Man and Speed Racer. I think both are rated PG, but that doesn't always mean they are good for young children.
    Iron Man is PG-13. I imagine Speed Racer would be more appropriate for a five year old.

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

I took my kids to see Iron Man yesterday. My youngest is 11. I saw plenty of kids there who were younger than 11. There was one quick bedroom scene that might make some parents uncomfortable, along with a smattering of profanity and a lot of cartoonish violence.

My kids thought the movie was just OK. The older one thought the dialogue in the third act was cheesy. That was my cue to discuss how action film dialogue is deliberately simplistic to make films translate well for international markets.
    /r/reds

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post

I saw a TV Spot for the Hulk when I was watching the Rangers game a while ago. Tony was talking to General Ross in what looked like a bar.
    Most Vottomatic Player

Turn Off Ads?