Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: don't look now!

don't look now!

only 8 games out of the wild card.

who knows a win sunday and a winning road trip next week and maybe we can dream again.
    there's nothing like bowling a 300 game! 13 now and retired.

Ricky henderson has a higher OBP than C. patterson and he's retired. C. Trent 6-14-2008

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: don't look now!

I was waiting for someone to say this. Here comes the slide now.

They call me "chef"

I won't believe it until I read it on OhioSportsNews.

Quote Originally Posted by toledodan View Post
    only 8 games out of the wild card.

who knows a win sunday and a winning road trip next week and maybe we can dream again.
    If the Reds were in the West, you could probably start printing playoff tickets

Fool's gold (as Bob Huggins always says). Unless we learn to score more runs...

Remember, we are playing the Nationals.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    Fool's gold (as Bob Huggins always says). Unless we learn to score more runs...

Remember, we are playing the Nationals.
    Exactly. Not a single game the entire homestand has impressed me. The offense still stinks IMO. Thank god for Phillips and Hairston.

If the past seven years are any indication, they'll lose intensity and coast for a lousy 7-10 game stretch. It will begin with blowing the game painfully tomorrow, and then saying it was OK because they won 3 out of 4.
    "Don't trust any statistics you did not fake yourself."--Winston Churchill

next week win maybe keep the team together, lose next week then its time to go nuclear.

It's already past time to start dealing what can be dealt. Making this kind of mistake is part of what has kept this team as mediocre as it is. It's a bad team. Does not deserve to be competitive. Many of the parts are vastly overrated by many RZers. Time to deal with it realistically.

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Coolstandings.com gives today's Reds a 1.4% chance of winning the wild card. Unless someone replaces the second half of the Reds schedule with a continuous series of games against Washington, I'd say that's about right.

I wasn't looking for them to win it before and I think I'll continue to not "look now."
    /r/reds

Haunted by walks

Quote Originally Posted by Unassisted View Post
    Coolstandings.com gives today's Reds a 1.4% chance of winning the wild card. Unless someone replaces the second half of the Reds schedule with a continuous series of games against Washington, I'd say that's about right.
    So you're telling me there's a chance?

Worth The Wait

Not sure why people keep saying we're a "bad" team. The standings/stats tell a different story. Since mid-April we've been an average team-- slightly above .500 actually.

This is a mediocre team, period. The good news for me as a fan is that this is a mediocre team with SIGNIFICANT upside. Our quality starts aren't coming from the Jimmy Haynes' of the world thesedays.

I have virtually ZERO hope of making a playoff run this year-- I think the Reds will finish between 79-83 wins, and that will most certainly not get it done this season. But this team has me intruiged and interested. And with that being the case, I see no harm in at least glancing at the standings from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by Edskin View Post
    Not sure why people keep saying we're a "bad" team. The standings/stats tell a different story. Since mid-April we've been an average team-- slightly above .500 actually.
    Selective filtering by the anti-Krivsky faction ?

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Edskin View Post

This is a mediocre team, period. The good news for me as a fan is that this is a mediocre team with SIGNIFICANT upside. Our quality starts aren't coming from the Jimmy Haynes' of the world thesedays.

I have virtually ZERO hope of making a playoff run this year-- I think the Reds will finish between 79-83 wins, and that will most certainly not get it done this season. But this team has me intruiged and interested. And with that being the case, I see no harm in at least glancing at the standings from time to time.
    Excellent post and one I wholeheartedly agree with.

Whether it's a bad team or a mediocre team depends on what you consider the goal: if you want the kind of team that is in the playoffs every year, then--in relation to that goal--this team looks pretty bad. I also think RZers generally significantly overrate the upside. The one really franchise changing talent on this club was traded by Krivsky for a promising but very young and inexperienced pitcher who will end up having his best years--if he acquires significantly more command than he now has--in some other organization in the future. There are some interesting parts here now, but not nearly enough depth for this team to compare to the really good teams in the NL. Don't forget this team just lost two or three games at home to Pittsburgh.

Turn Off Ads?