Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else see the home-run Edwin hit for his Dominican league team on SportsCenter?

Anyone else see the home-run Edwin hit for his Dominican league team on SportsCenter?

It was really cool. They showed it as part of their "ESPN Deportes" segment.

They showed the dinger along with the spanish announcer making the call.

Pretty sweet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Anyone else see the home-run Edwin hit for his Dominican league team on SportsCen

Link to photo of Edwin and article about the game (in spanish, haha).

http://espndeportes.espn.go.com/news...bei&type=story

His HR also made the top plays, I see.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Re: Anyone else see the home-run Edwin hit for his Dominican league team on SportsCen

Here's the Babelfish translation...I find it hilarious.

SANTO DOMINGO -- Edwin Incarnation exactly began the final series of the Dominican baseball as the one of the last year finished. Incarnation began ignition the end for the Eagles Incarnation beat quadrangular of three races in the first entrance to direct to the Aguilas Cibaeñas to a victory 8-3 on the Tigers of the Licey, Thursday, in the Quisqueya stage of Santo Domingo. The second party of the series, programmed to the best one in nine games, gambles Friday in Santiago, home of the Aguilas. Both equipment is tied, with the 19 titles, as most winning of the league. Incarnation, the regular antesalista of the Rojos de Cincinnati in the Great Leagues, disappeared a launching of the left-handed person Randy Leek (0-1) with two companions in circulation to lead one first entrance of four races, that were decisive in the triumph of the Aguilas. In the final series of the previous match, Incarnation was the Player Most valuable when destroying the pitcheo of the Tigers and to lead to the cibaeños to the triumph. The toletero batted 393 (28-11) with three home runs and 7 races impelled in seven games. The designated batter Tony Batiste and the Héctor torpedo boat three Moon stuck hits each one, whereas the eternal gardener Luis Poland towed two races. The relevista Santiago Ramirez (1-0) sent three perfect entrances in which ponchó to four batters to write down the victory. Leek was the defeated one. The Aguilas did not have in the alignment to the stellar torpedo boat Tiled Miguel, who decided to take the free day after to have fought with the tragic death of a brother in an automobile accident the past Tuesday. Tiled, who is investigated by the FBI by the possibility that Rafael Palmeiro in the 2005 has lain to the congress during an investigation by steroids to the Cuban pelotero. In that same order, the Licey almost surely will not have in the alignment Friday to its stellar toletero Jose Guillén, who must travel to Kansas City to participate in the festival of the fanatics of the Real ones, its new organization in the Great Leagues. Thursday, Guillén beat quadrangular and pushed two races to be most outstanding by the Tigers. "It is an inescapable commitment, but I will try to return as rapidly as possible", said Guillén to ESPNdeportes.com. In that same activity is the Tony torpedo boat Rock son, who has been to regulate with the Aguilas all the season.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

"In that same activity is the Tony torpedo boat Rock son, who has been to regulate with the Aguilas all the season."

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: the Reds can never hope to achieve success until we have enough players who can regulate for an entire season. It's something the Aguilas have clearly figured out.

BTW, I still think the Aguilas' signing of Tony torpedo boat Rock was an absolute steal.
    We'll burn that bridge when we get to it.

"quadrangular of three races"

Might this be the home run? I think there's some deep philosphical ideas that can be mulled over on that one.

Babelfish is a great starting point - I use it to translate German when I'm being lazy. I have a friend whose last name is Rohr and it always shows his first name and the word "Pipe" afterwards which is what his name means in German.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things, that's Rallyonion.com

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

Stat Wanker Hodiernus RedsManRick's Avatar

Google now has a translator widget that seems to be more fluid than babelfish.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

We all can hope that Edwin "disappears many launchings" in the coming season with Cincinnati of "the Great Leagues". LOL
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by oneupper View Post
    Jose Guillén, who must travel to Kansas City to participate in the festival of the fanatics of the Real ones.
    who would have guessed that Kansas City would be the setting for the Festival of the Fanatics of the Real Ones?

Quote Originally Posted by oneupper View Post
    Tiled, who is investigated by the FBI by the possibility that Rafael Palmeiro in the 2005 has lain to the congress during an investigation by steroids to the Cuban pelotero.

Baseball sounds very naughty in Spanish. I mean, who is this Tiled fellow, and...lain to the congress? Didn't Bill and Monica...you know...

"The Great Leagues" sounds like a summer league in Montana or something out of Greek Mythology.

"7 races impelled in seven games"

Adam Dunn must impel more races...:

"Moon stuck hits"

My favorite!

My favorite part by far...
    Incarnation, the regular antesalista of the Rojos de Cincinnati in the Great Leagues, disappeared a launching of the left-handed person Randy Leek (0-1) with two companions in circulation to lead one first entrance of four races, that were decisive in the triumph of the Aguilas.
    It feels good when you finally understand what they are really saying. I hope there are many companions in circulation when Incarnation bats this year because he was pretty good in those situations the last two years. He drove in a lot of races.

I feel bad for that Randy Leek fellow getting launched.

Quote Originally Posted by AvesIce51 View Post
    My favorite part by far...

It feels good when you finally understand what they are really saying. I hope there are many companions in circulation when Incarnation bats this year because he was pretty good in those situations the last two years. He drove in a lot of races.
    That would make an incredible screen name. CompanionInCirculation.
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

Quote Originally Posted by AvesIce51 View Post
    He drove in a lot of races.
    Is EdE moonlighting as a NASCAR driver?
    I'm just like everybody else. I have two arms, two legs and 4,000 hits."

-Pete Rose

Turn Off Ads?