Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cloverfield movie?

Cloverfield movie?

Has anyone seen the Cloverfield movie? I have seen the ads and think it looks kind of neat, doing a wiki shows a short plot summary and a bunch of internet hype around its release. Any thoughts?
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Cloverfield movie?

Its Blair witch project but with an alien

I'm gonna see it sometime this weekend. Looks like it could be good, or, at worst, entertaining.

Hand held camera, no lines, ad libbing by unknown actors... all the ingredients for a gigantic bomb.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Hand held camera, no lines, ad libbing by unknown actors... all the ingredients for a gigantic bomb.
    they arent completely unknown actors :

err wrong thread

I saw a leaked picture of the monster.

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    Apparently that might be the only shot of the monster you get to see if you know what i mean

Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    http://media.filmschoolrejects.com/i...nsterart03.jpg

This is the pre-production concept of it

Saw the movie last night. It was pretty good. I was unaware of the hand held camera part going in, so that took a lil getting used to. But you get used to it, well at least I did. As far as the no lines part goes, I really don't think thats the case at all, if so, these are some amazing actors. And you get to see plenty shots of the "thing". More and more and the movies goes on. The movie does a good job at keeping you interested throughout. But it does have one of those abrupt endings that don't sit well with some people. But overall, I enjoyed the movie, and I'd recommend it.

My son went to the midnight showing of it last night.

He said it was fairly plotless, dumb, and short (like 80 minutes). The hype is way above the quality of the movie.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

It was short, but when it ended, it didn't feel like it was short, not to me. And plotless? Did he even watch the movie? He was probably one of those kids that was using the free camera's flashes to make flash puppets of their middle fingers on the screen. I guess I just don't pay attention to the hype of movies. But the movie went pretty much as expected as far as expectations go.

sounds like I AM LEGEND with a much smaller budget...

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    sounds like I AM LEGEND with a much smaller budget...
    Nah, its not even close really. Slightly smaller budget maybe, but they aren't even close in plot.

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

My son and I just saw it. Best film I've seen in a long time. My son liked it a lot, too.

It also generated the most conversation I've ever heard after a movie. Most of the people speaking out didn't like it. Should be interesting to see the buzz.

Star Trek fans should watch for the Star Trek trailer that precedes the film.
    Last edited by Unassisted; 01-18-2008 at 05:07 PM.
    /r/reds

Turn Off Ads?