Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: I think we should trade palmer

Re: I think we should trade palmer

Quote Originally Posted by Screwball View Post
    Well, in fairness, Carson hasn't strongly hinted at a desire for a trade via the media.

And an argument to trade Carson actually makes less sense than trading Chad. And I'm one who doesn't think trading Chad makes sense...
    Exactly. And how does trading Palmer improve this team?
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    How does trading chad improve this team? Also Chad hasn't said he wants traded, he said if hes the problem then then need to find a way to fix it.

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by Bip Roberts View Post
    How does trading chad improve this team?
    Both are bad moves.

I'd almost venture they are equally bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Highlifeman21 View Post
    Both are bad moves.

I'd almost venture they are equally bad.

It doesn't.

Palmer is still a franchise quarterback. Granted he's had a bad season, along with some consistency issues. So what? The whole team had a bad year. He knows that he has to get better, and from Palmer's work ethic, I see no reason that he won't.
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

I wouldn't trade Palmer for anyone else in the league except Manning or Brady. He'll be a Bengal for his entire career.

I would only trade Chad Johnson for someone like Urlacher.

Hopefully, Marvin and Mike don't flinch and try to get perceived value for Chad. I doubt it happens, but if Chad escalates this minor problem then you never know what could happen. Losing Chad would decimate the offense because TJ couldn't do much without Chad.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Time to merge these threads now that I kinda got my point across

But yea no thanks im not trading Chad Johnson for another NFL player. Especially with out having any quality replacements

Quote Originally Posted by Bip Roberts View Post
    How does trading chad improve this team? Also Chad hasn't said he wants traded, he said if hes the problem then then need to find a way to fix it.

I've never advocated trading Chad.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

I've never advocated trading Chad.
    I must have misunderstood then.

Quote Originally Posted by GoReds33 View Post
    It doesn't.

Palmer is still a franchise quarterback. Granted he's had a bad season, along with some consistency issues. So what? The whole team had a bad year. He knows that he has to get better, and from Palmer's work ethic, I see no reason that he won't.
    Comparing this season with previous seasons, I don't see where he had a really bad year, other then his INTs were up. He threw for the most yardage he ever has (4131).

And one of the causes IMO is that the Bengals offensive line was weaker this year then in previous, due guys being injured or lost in the off-season. Players like Steinbach were missed.

This whole team struggled and appeared out of sync. They came out of '06 with key players suspended, others suffering injuries, and even guy recovering while still playing (Joseph). Their running game struggled because Rudi was hurt, even though Watson had a productive season (763 yds, 7 Tds).

Not having Chris Henry,that 3rd receiving threat, really hurt this offense IMO. It allowed teams to concentrate more on CJ and TJ. Especially, again, when your running game was struggling.

The team went 7-9; but IMO, I don't think they are as bad, or in dire shape, as some may think.

Comparing this season with previous seasons, I don't see where he had a really bad year, other then his INTs were up. He threw for the most yardage he ever has (4131).

And one of the causes IMO is that the Bengals offensive line was weaker this year then in previous, due guys being injured or lost in the off-season. Players like Steinbach were missed.

This whole team struggled and appeared out of sync. They came out of '06 with key players suspended, others suffering injuries, and even guy recovering while still playing (Joseph). Their running game struggled because Rudi was hurt, even though Watson had a productive season (763 yds, 7 Tds).

Not having Chris Henry,that 3rd receiving threat, really hurt this offense IMO. It allowed teams to concentrate more on CJ and TJ. Especially, again, when your running game was struggling.

The team went 7-9; but IMO, I don't think they are as bad, or in dire shape, as some may think.

Agreed. Even in a so called "off year", Carson threw for a career high and franchise record in passing yards.

It was very much an off year regardless of the passing record.

It was an "off year" all around for the entire team. There were several mitigating, and aggravating, factors that hurt this team. Carson Palmer, and even Chad Johnson (as much as I think the guy is an ass) were small parts of that equation.

What are the question marks facing the Bengals in '08?

Obviously the defense and a new defensive coordinator. I liked the fact that the Bengals played some youth at the corners. Guys like Joseph, who was still recovering, played better. Guys like O'Neal need to retire. The Bengals were 26th in the NFL in Passing Yds Allowed/Game at 230, and 9th in Rushing Yds Allowed/Game at 118. Definite room for improvement. I really think what hurt the Bengals was in the LBing department with the loss of Thurman and Brooks (injury). But they've also got some age in guys like Myers, Robinson, and Thorton on the line. Their defensive line didn't do much of a job pressuring QBs. The team was dead last in sacks with 22.

In the last two seasons the Bengals have "slid" in the Take Away/Give Away department to a +5. In 2005 they led the NFL with a +25 (simply phenomenal).

Running game. Rudi struggled with injury obviously. Up until '07 he's carried the load for this team. Is his career basically done? Some advocate so. Between Rudi, Kenny, and Dorsey, the team rushed for 1443 yds in '07. As much as I like Kenny Watson (178 ATT/763 YDS) he is a year older then Rudi. So who is the answer at RB for the Bengals in '08? Dorsey? Or do they continue to try and "squeeze" what they can out of the tandem of all three?

And we won't even talk about Chris Perry. What a bust.

When I look at both sides of the ball for the Bengals in '07, IMHO, the bigger question marks or issues that need to be addressed are on the defense. On the offensive side, as a whole, it's not an issue of talent as much as it's getting back in sync and getting their heads together. I personally think it was more psychological (head games) on the offensive side then anything. If Henry can get his act together, the Bengals have, IMO, a solid receiving corp in Johnson, TJ, and Henry. The talent is definitely there. I just think two of those three are head cases.
    Last edited by GAC; 01-20-2008 at 07:11 AM.

Its hard to call players who have been injured "bust" especially how good he was when he wasn't injured.

Dorsey isnt an every down back.

A first round draft choice as oft injured as Perry certainly qualifies as a bust in most eyes.
    I'm just like everybody else. I have two arms, two legs and 4,000 hits."

-Pete Rose

Turn Off Ads?