Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Lil Romeo Commits to Play at USC with OJ Mayo

Lil Romeo Commits to Play at USC with OJ Mayo

http://sportswrap.berecruited.com/20...-with-oj-mayo/

It’s a rap: ‘Romeo’ Miller commits to Trojans
    Jeff Goodman / FOXSports.com

Last year Tim Floyd made headlines when he signed O.J. Mayo, the top player in the nation. This time around the USC coach has a commitment from one of the top rappers in the country.

This isn’t a joke, either.

Percy “Romeo” Miller is putting his career on hold for a while.

Romeo’s father, Master P, tried out for the Toronto Raptors in 1999. (Harry How / Getty Images)

The 6-foot music star/actor and son of Master P was one of three players that committed to Floyd and the Trojans on Friday. Demar Derozan and Angelo Johnson, a pair of Scout.com’s Top 100 players in the Class of 2008, joined Miller in giving a pledge to USC.

Miller averaged 13.9 points and 5.6 assists per game at Beverly Hills High as a junior this past season and more than held his own last summer at the ABCD Camp in New Jersey.

“He’s got a lot to prove because of his name,” said Derozan, who will join his best friend at USC after he finished his high school career at Compton Dominguez (Calif.) High. “He’s no gimmick. He can play and is going to be one of the top point guards in the 2008 class.”

Miller, 17, took the trip to USC on Friday along with his summer teammate, athletic wing Derozan, and the pair both told Floyd and his staff that they will be coming after they graduate.

“It’s great for him,” said Master P, who coaches his son and Derozan on the P. Miller Ballers in the spring and summer. “USC is a great school and I felt like he made a great decision.”

The younger Miller will focus solely on school and basketball for the next few years, according to Master P.

“He can be polishing up his film career at USC,” Master P said. “When he’s finished after four years at 21 or 22 years old, he’ll hopefully be able to take either basketball to the next level or Hollywood to the next level.”

“This is what it’s all about,” he added. “I’m just glad he has the opportunity to do both.”

The 6-foot-6, 215-pound Derozan is one of the best players on the west coast and ranks 46th nationally in Scout.com’s rankings of the top junior players in the country.

“It’s a good program, a building program and it’s been a school I’ve loved for a while,” Derozan said. “They’ve been interested in me for a while.”

Floyd has also received a commitment from Johnson (Scout.com, No. 85), a 5-foot-11 Minnesota native who spent this past season at Stoneridge Prep (Calif.). According to sources, there’s a chance that Johnson could become eligible to play next season.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Lil Romeo Commits to Play at USC with OJ Mayo

I heard about this a while back. He's a good player from what I hear. That would explain the Like Mike movies.
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Except I can't imagine Mayo and Lil Romeo ever seeing the floor together, as I fully expect Mayo to go pro after this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Highlifeman21 View Post
    Except I can't imagine Mayo and Lil Romeo ever seeing the floor together, as I fully expect Mayo to go pro after this season.
    Exactly what I was thinking.

Romeo is walking on as well, I guess he made a deal with USC (to not use up a scholly) somehow and just paid his own way in because it's easily affordable.

There is ZERO chance of OJ Mayo going back to school next season.

None.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

OJ Mayo needs someone to knock him out

Quote Originally Posted by Bip Roberts View Post
    OJ Mayo needs someone to knock him out
    He played a heck of a game against UCLA today.

He played a heck of a game against UCLA today.
    Yea he didnt shoot 45 times and make 10 baskets for once

Yea he didnt shoot 45 times and make 10 baskets for once
    OJ Mayo has yet to meet a shot he isn't convinced he can make when he wants.

Trigger-shy Mayo is not.

OJ Mayo has yet to meet a shot he isn't convinced he can make when he wants.

Trigger-shy Mayo is not.
    Whats his FG % like 10? Guy has more misses than the rest of the team has combined shots i think

For a Level Playing Field

Whats his FG % like 10? Guy has more misses than the rest of the team has combined shots i think
    I am sure you are being sarcastic, but...

FG%: Mayo 44% ; USC Team 47% ; USC Team w/out Mayo 48%.
    Shots: Mayo takes 31% of all shots and has 33% of their misses.

3 pt.%: Mayo 38% ; USC Team 36% ; USC Team w/out Mayo 34%.
    Shots: Mayo takes 46% of all treys and has 44% of their misses.

Yea i was

Senor Votto

OJ Mayo won't be back at USC next year he'll go pro as soon as he can.

From what I've read, Romeo isn't that big of a prospect (as in no nba potential). But who knows? They get free publicity from a walk on player. Not a bad idea, especially if he can ball (somewhat?)

Turn Off Ads?