Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Affeltd signing,what does it mean?

Affeltd signing,what does it mean?

I have been thinking about what exactly does the signing of Affeltd really mean for the rest of the off season for this team.One it means there done and move forward with the pitchers they have,putting Affeldt in the rotation.Two (and the theory i believe makes more sense) WK signed JA for the Bp and to setup another trade for a starting pitcher.With JA he could include a young bullpen arm (Bray or Burton) in a trade for a starting pitcher.I believe Wk goes after Bedard or Blanton now hard.I believe we will see something happen in the next week or so.With JA in the pen it really makes our BP look alot better.Then if we could add Blanton or Bedard that would probably make the Reds the front runners in the central.Sure a trade will cost us some talent but you have to give it up to get it back.I believe we could get Blanton for Cueto or Bailey,Bray,and Stubbs.Bedard would cost alittle more something like Bailey or Cueto,Votto,Burton(they want a young closer),and Stubbs.But the Os could alos throw a arm in like Walker or Bradford to replace Burton. But I would do either trade to make the Reds a better team right now.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Affeltd signing,what does it mean?

Krivsky has been going after Bedard hard already. I doubt their demands are going to change much.

O's have been demanding, from reports, about everything in the world for Roberts and Bedard.

If we can now expend a BP arm, I'd throw Bray into the trade for Bedard. Also give them Cueto, Votto, and Stubbs. If they'd throw in Roberts, I'd also give them Bailey and another B prospect or two. But seeing as Angelos shot down a 7 player trade from the Cubs, I doubt that would get it done, and that would be the max I'd be willing to offer.

I agree with the notion that Blanton would struggle in GABP.
    I hope it's never sunny in Philly again.

Yea they are demanding more than that for Bedard alone it seems. They are a terrible ran organization.

Quote Originally Posted by Bip Roberts View Post
    Yea they are demanding more than that for Bedard alone it seems. They are a terrible ran organization.
    Yeah, they're going to miss their window with Bedard, I imagine. I don't know what the Cubs offered, but 7 for 2? How can you turn that down?

Quote Originally Posted by TC81190 View Post
    Yeah, they're going to miss their window with Bedard, I imagine. I don't know what the Cubs offered, but 7 for 2? How can you turn that down?
    Because the cubs 7 is a bunch of junk probably.

Because the cubs 7 is a bunch of junk probably.
    True, their farm isn't nearly as stocked as ours...

Old Red Guard Reject

The "infamous" Cub 7 lol
    If you ain't first, you're last! - Ricky Bobby

Old Red Guard Reject

BTW, I wouldn't trade Cueto or Bailey for Bedard now since the Ms have dropped Jones out of consideration. O's are up that proverbial creek with Bedard. The clock is ticking. Votto, BP arm (Bray or Burton), Stubbs plus one lower prospect. That's the offer.

True, their farm isn't nearly as stocked as ours...
    They have no real cant miss guys, they are kinda like us minus our top 4.

Rich Hill probably has the most trade value but i really doubt they offer him up for anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Newman4 View Post
    BTW, I wouldn't trade Cueto or Bailey for Bedard now since the Ms have dropped Jones out of consideration. O's are up that proverbial creek with Bedard. The clock is ticking. Votto, BP arm (Bray or Burton), Stubbs plus one lower prospect. That's the offer.
    I'd offer it, but I wouldn't break the deal if they said "OK, but give us Cueto, too."

They have no real cant miss guys, they are kinda like us minus our top 4.

Rich Hill probably has the most trade value but i really doubt they offer him up for anything.
    I wonder if Pie was one of the 7; the O's seem to be dead-set on getting an OF in that deal.

I wonder if Pie was one of the 7; the O's seem to be dead-set on getting an OF in that deal.
    I think even if he was his stock has dropped so low

Old Red Guard Reject

I'd offer it, but I wouldn't break the deal if they said "OK, but give us Cueto, too."
    I would expect more than Bedard back for 5 players including two "blue chippers" M's are offering one of Morrow, Clement or Balentein and a couple A ballers. The proposed deal trumps that package without Cueto.

Start the Reactor! *BaseClogger*'s Avatar

Isn't this what some of you were saying after the Volquez trade too?
    "On-base percentage is great if you can score runs and do something with that on-base percentage," Baker said. "Clogging up the bases isn't that great to me."

Turn Off Ads?