Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Draft: Offensive Line

Boom Goes the Dynamite Screwball's Avatar

Re: Draft: Offensive Line

Quote Originally Posted by CrackerJack View Post
    As we saw last season, Palmer is currently being "Bungalized" finally along with Chad and TJ.
    Good Lord. You can't be serious.

One's a Pro Bowler this season, the other's a PB alternate, and the QB, despite a down year for him, put up 26 TDs and 4,100+ yards. You call that being "Bungalized"?

As for drafting OL, I could live with it being a first day pick, but not a 1st rounder. That needs to be on the D-Line. The inability to get any kind of pressure or penetration from the front 4 has been a nagging problem for the last couple years. A guy like Ellis or Gholston would really help fill that void, although I'm not sure they'll still be around when we pick. The combine and media hype can really change things around concerning perceptions of the players. Not to mention any character issues that might come up between now and then.
    Last edited by Screwball; 01-22-2008 at 04:28 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

You draft the best player that fills a need on this team. I don't care if the experts call it a reach or now. It seems foolish to draft a player because he is slotted there. I remember a few years ago whe Buffalo drafted Donte Whitner and the experts were all over them because he was drafted too early. In retrospect Whitner has been a very good player in the Buffalo secondary and has started for most of his career.

The Bengals need help at DL and LB first. I don't want a first day draft pick (1st and 2nd rounds) going towards offense. I would like to see a flyer on WR or RB late in the draft maybe 5-6-7 rounds. But if they go offense in the 1st or 2nd round I may just throw my beer at the TV.

Quote Originally Posted by Bip Roberts View Post
    DE Calais Campbell from Miami, or LB Dan Conner from Penn State
    These are the two worst possible picks the Bengals could make IMO. That is, assuming they don't completely lose their mind and draft offense.

If not Ellis or Gholston, then I guess Derrick Harvey or Keith Rivers would be the best guys available. But I'm really hoping Ellis or Gholston is there. There is an enormous drop-off after that.
    Go BLUE!!!

Stat Wanker Hodiernus RedsManRick's Avatar

Do we really need more LB? I thought we just needed the ones we have to stay healthy. It's gotta be about the D-Line.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Turn Off Ads?