Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 56

Thread: Bengalszone's thoughts on Redszone

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    358

    Bengalszone's thoughts on Redszone

    ArmyBengal, one of the mods at Bengalszone, and also an exceptional member of the US armed forces recently finishing a tour in Afghanistan, made this post over in their forum. Thought the perspective of one of the mods of a very successful Cincy sports forum were interesting... (PLEASE NOTE: his words not mine) Any comments from the RedsZone mods???

    "In my attempts to find a Reds forum comparable to "THE" Bengalszone.com, I ran into a site named ---> Redszone.com

    At first I thought this should be a pretty good site with a similar name, but when I got into it, they separate the new guys from the guys that have been there for a while and won't allow them to post with each other. You start out in one forum and with enough posts and get this, "reputation" points or some sh*t then "IF" they VOTE you into their super cool group, you can post there. There reasoning was to keep people from coming on there and talking [editted so I don't get probation] and having a negative vibe.

    Now me personally, I think that is what makes a forum great. A difference of opinion. Not to mention that is what moderators are for. Anyway, besides these [editted so I don't get probation], does anyone know of any "GOOD" reds forums. I like coming here, but it's not quite the same and the forum on Cincinnatireds.com is so unorganized I can't hardly stand it.

    If any of you guys belong to redszone.com, I'm sorry, but that place is [editted so I don't get probation] !!!

    WHODEY !!!

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #2
    The Future GoReds33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    2,463

    Re: Bengalszone's thoughts on Redszone

    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalls View Post
    ArmyBengal, one of the mods at Bengalszone, and also an exceptional member of the US armed forces recently finishing a tour in Afghanistan, made this post over in their forum. Thought the perspective of one of the mods of a very successful Cincy sports forum were interesting... (PLEASE NOTE: his words not mine) Any comments from the RedsZone mods???

    "In my attempts to find a Reds forum comparable to "THE" Bengalszone.com, I ran into a site named ---> Redszone.com

    At first I thought this should be a pretty good site with a similar name, but when I got into it, they separate the new guys from the guys that have been there for a while and won't allow them to post with each other. You start out in one forum and with enough posts and get this, "reputation" points or some sh*t then "IF" they VOTE you into their super cool group, you can post there. There reasoning was to keep people from coming on there and talking [editted so I don't get probation] and having a negative vibe.

    Now me personally, I think that is what makes a forum great. A difference of opinion. Not to mention that is what moderators are for. Anyway, besides these [editted so I don't get probation], does anyone know of any "GOOD" reds forums. I like coming here, but it's not quite the same and the forum on Cincinnatireds.com is so unorganized I can't hardly stand it.

    If any of you guys belong to redszone.com, I'm sorry, but that place is [editted so I don't get probation] !!!

    WHODEY !!!
    They have their system, and we have ours. I think that it does help a lot that we have two forums. I think that it helps seperate the nonsense from the educated posters. Now don't get me wrong, there are a lot of great posters, that have educated opinions on the Sun Deck. I just think that it helps keep people in check.

    I recently visited Bengalszone, and wasn't impressed at all. They have tons of uneducated posts. They have those pictures in their siguatures that are inappropriate. I just like our system better.

    That's my two cents.
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

  4. #3
    Administrator Boss-Hog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    6,070

    Re: Bengalszone's thoughts on Redszone

    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalls
    Any comments from the RedsZone mods???
    Yes - I could care less what's said about us over there.

  5. #4
    GR8NESS WMR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Lexington, Kentucky
    Posts
    16,957

    Re: Bengalszone's thoughts on Redszone

    Quote Originally Posted by Boss-Hog View Post
    Yes - I could care less what's said about us over there.


    In other words, you aren't interested in a BOARD (Bored?) WAR??

    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"


  6. #5
    This one's for you Edd Heath's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Dayton Area
    Posts
    8,471

    Re: Bengalszone's thoughts on Redszone

    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalls View Post
    Any comments from the RedsZone mods???
    Please send ArmyBengal a sincere thanks for his volunteer service to aid our country.

    Also let him know that as far as his thoughts on RedsZone, that Imitation and Jealousy are the sincerest forms of flattery.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

  7. #6
    Senor Votto Degenerate39's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    7,914

    Re: Bengalszone's thoughts on Redszone

    I've gone to Bengalszone a few times and didn't care for the site at all. You really can't compare this site and that site because they're in two different leagues.
    Most Vottomatic Player

  8. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Amarillo,Texas
    Posts
    4,327

    Re: Bengalszone's thoughts on Redszone

    I am not a Bengals fan, so I had never heard of the site before. I looked it up, and they have a separate Cincinnati Reds sub-forum where the original post was made. I have been a member of Redzone for a while, and have always thought the system was quite fair. Make quality posts, be civil to you fellow posters, and elevate the general posting discourse and in due course you should be a member of ORG. I do hope that Bengalzone considers instituting a similar system in their site in the future.

  9. #8
    The Lineups stink. KronoRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    West N. Carolina
    Posts
    55,572

    Re: Bengalszone's thoughts on Redszone

    We should attack and subjugate them
    Go Gators!

  10. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    3,072

    Re: Bengalszone's thoughts on Redszone

    I hope it's never sunny in Philly again.

  11. #10
    SERP Emeritus paintmered's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Cbus
    Posts
    7,042

    Re: Bengalszone's thoughts on Redszone

    There reasoning was to keep people from coming on there and talking sh*t and having a negative vibe.

    Now me personally, I think that is what makes a forum great. A difference of opinion.
    That sounds about right. Here, we don't "talk sh*t" when disagreeing with another poster. Contrary to popular belief, disagreements can be handled in a constructive manner. That idea is enforced here unlike most other places. Redszone has never been about smack talk, and anyone looking for a venue to talk smack will be disappointed here.

    I never did like that site. There are too many distractions surrounding too few quality thoughts. Different strokes, I guess...
    Last edited by paintmered; 01-21-2008 at 11:08 PM.
    What if this wasn't a rhetorical question?

    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

  12. #11
    Start the Reactor! *BaseClogger*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Midland, MI
    Posts
    6,410

    Re: Bengalszone's thoughts on Redszone

    I think some of the difference between the two boards starts with the difference in sports that are discussed. Baseball fans seem more knowledgable than the average football fan. I mean, are there sabremetricians for football?
    Last edited by *BaseClogger*; 01-21-2008 at 11:58 PM. Reason: grammar
    "On-base percentage is great if you can score runs and do something with that on-base percentage," Baker said. "Clogging up the bases isn't that great to me."

  13. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,189

    Re: Bengalszone's thoughts on Redszone

    Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    I think some of the difference between the two boards starts with the difference in sports that are discussed. Baseball fans seem more knowledgable than the average football fan. I mean, are there sabremetricians for football?
    There is no steroids in football though

  14. #13
    You're being very UnDude. sonny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    1,577

    Re: Bengalszone's thoughts on Redszone

    Theres just too much skin to enjoy any serious conversation there. The only boobs on this board are me and my brother.
    Witty signature.

  15. #14
    GR8NESS WMR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Lexington, Kentucky
    Posts
    16,957

    Re: Bengalszone's thoughts on Redszone

    Quote Originally Posted by Bip Roberts View Post
    There is no steroids in football though
    Riiiiiiiiiiigggggghhhhttttttt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"


  16. #15
    GR8NESS WMR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Lexington, Kentucky
    Posts
    16,957

    Re: Bengalszone's thoughts on Redszone

    Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    We should attack and subjugate them
    Krono could take them down singlehandedly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"



Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25