Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bengalszone's thoughts on Redszone

Re: Bengalszone's thoughts on Redszone

NOW I understand why Rem lives in Cali.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Can't be GAC - he doesn't have an Indians' hat on -
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    NOW I understand why Rem lives in Cali.

A couple of things.

1. No one who has ever lived there would call California "cali". They make fun of that there.

2. I hear rumors they grow a little weed in Kentucky too.

School's out. What did you expect?

Cali, Zona.... all east coast bastardizations of full names, non existent past the Rockies.

Kentucky ditch weed?

Everywhere... just ask Billy Ray Cyrus... he covers it in the History Channels show "Hillbilly"

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    ...he covers it in the History Channels show "Hillbilly"
    Very good documentary, I might add. Recommended.

Quote Originally Posted by pedro View Post
    A couple of things.

1. No one who has ever lived there would call California "cali". They make fun of that there.
    What about LL Cool J?

I'm going back to Cali, rising, surprising
    Advising realizing, she's sizing me up
    Her bikini - small; heels - tall
    She said, she liked, the ocean
    She showed me a beach, gave me a peach
    and pulled out the suntan lotion
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    What about LL Cool J?

I lived there 20 years... NO ONE ever said it in my presence.

Not once.

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    What about LL Cool J?

He's from NYC.
    School's out. What did you expect?

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by macro View Post
    Very good documentary, I might add. Recommended.
    I concur.

The episode I saw covering moonshine and the conception of NASCAR was very interesting. Lotta good information on the Flock family.

Quiet Reverence Vada Pinson Fan's Avatar

I'm pleased; very pleased with the way things are here. I've never been to Bengalszone and from what I just read I won't be (going there). I enjoy intelligent conversation and when I want intelligent baseball talk (daily, of course, LOL!) Redszone is where I go. I do occasionally visit other baseball forums such as The Cincinnati Reds official site fan forum, the Cincinnati Enquirer's fan forums and also the official site forums of Major League Baseball teams but in my opinion none compare to Redszone and that is a compliment and tribute to Boss, GIK, the moderators and the posters that all contribute to the success of Redszone. Thanks ArmyBengal for your opinion but thousands of us here enjoy the way things are done in a respectful, courteous, non-adversarial manner.

Quote Originally Posted by Vada Pinson Fan View Post
    I'm pleased; very pleased with the way things are here. I've never been to Bengalszone and from what I just read I won't be (going there). I enjoy intelligent conversation and when I want intelligent baseball talk (daily, of course, LOL!) Redszone is where I go. I do occasionally visit other baseball forums such as The Cincinnati Reds official site fan forum, the Cincinnati Enquirer's fan forums and also the official site forums of Major League Baseball teams but in my opinion none compare to Redszone and that is a compliment and tribute to Boss, GIK, the moderators and the posters that all contribute to the success of Redszone. Thanks ArmyBengal for your opinion but thousands of us here enjoy the way things are done in a respectful, courteous, non-adversarial manner.
    couldn't have said it better myself...

Quote Originally Posted by DTCromer View Post
    I agree we have a right to opinion and we have to back up our talk. But it's funny I need to talk about "luck" or Dunn's BABIP or whatever other whacked out stat to back up an argument. For instance, I could say, "I personally think it's the wrong decision to pay a man 15 million dollars for missing 3rd base, his 3-45 average with a count of 0-2 on him, and his pourous OF glove defined by his (enter aprocraphyl FP or whatever other useless stat that someone told me that Adam Dunn ACTUALLY covered more ground in the OF than our CF and that he was making up for them)."

When I say that, I received multiple negative reps and PM's saying how clueless I was about baseball because Adam Dunn hits a magical .266 vs righties when the wind is blowing <10 mph on even numbered days."

I'm getting a bit off-topic, but I'm basically saying that we can make stats say anything and that's about the only evidence we can present. It just comes down to the majority of people on this board man-loving Dunn and hating Marty (when we can't even present objective evidence of how good/bad he is. It's just your personal opinion). So how could I ever expect to post on the highest board of all time.
    Sounds like you have three issues:

1.) An inability to post personal opinion free from disagreement from those who have differing opinions.
    2.) Hostility towards quantitative analysis, particularly when it's used to support an argument counter to your opinion.
    2.) A rep system which punished differing opinion instead of poor conduct

#1 is how I feel public discourse should work, and I'm glad that RedsZone members encourage all people to defend, examine, and reexamine their point of view, whatever it may be. You are entitled to your opinions. But once placed those in a forum for discussion, they are fair game for critique and criticism.

#2 is common on Reds board and elsewhere. Some people don't understand quantitative analysis, some people just don't like it, and some just choose to ignore it because they prefer to view the game through a different lens. What RedsZone members strongly reacts to in a negative way is willful ignorance. Opinions, backgrounds, and perspectives vary, but few of us respect ad hominem attacks of other people's methods and reasoning.

#3 has not been a problem for months now, since the system was changed and rep was removed -- largely for this reason. The two-tiered system is meant to achieve similar goals to the rep system with less grade-inflation and punishment for differing opinions. Membership on ORG is not difficult to obtain if you show yourself to be a regular, civil contributor to the site. Despite that a few posters PM'd you in disagreement about your opinions (certainly their right to do so assuming the messages were polite), there is no opinion litmus test for ORG membership. 99% of it is how you communicate your opinion rather than what your opinion is. ORG is full of people with varying ideas and opinions, but thanks to the firewall system, is largely free from the volumes of inane, valueless threads and posts that often flood other boards.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

I think Adam Dunn should start calling himself "cuatro cuatro".

Quote Originally Posted by pedro View Post
    A couple of things.

2. I hear rumors they grow a little weed in Kentucky too.

I'm not sure if I could handle being made fun of by CALIfornians. How did Obi Wan describe the Mos Eisley Cantina again?

Hell yeah Kentucky does. Unfortunately you can't complain of insomnia and get a written doctor's prescription for some maui wowie here, however.

Quote Originally Posted by ochre View Post
    I think Adam Dunn should start calling himself "cuatro cuatro".

Definitely gonna have to steal that one...

Turn Off Ads?