Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Need Ideas for a Gift...and Soon!!!

Re: Need Ideas for a Gift...and Soon!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GriffeyFan View Post
    Comedy Gags

Customized to “get” that special person in a way they will never forget! We can pretend to be a neurotic patient, a crazy customer, an angry client, or a long lost friend. We will work with you to create a unique gag that is perfect for your honoree.

**Our humor is "squeaky clean" and appropriate for a family audience. We do not provide risque entertainment of any kind.**

But I don't know that I would have time to set it up and haven't called them yet, so I don't know the cost.
    Sorry to be a buzz-kill but giving that as a gift for a "lady-friend" would just plain be creepy.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Yeah, the comedy thing was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay over $50 plus there's not enough time.

If it's just a gift to "be nice" why not a gift card to a store she likes. Quick, can be the exact amount you want to give, and then she can get something she actually wants.

It's not exactly romantic, but unless I'm mistaken, romantic isn't the point right now.

Tell her you wanted her to have something nice, something she would enjoy, but you don't know here well enough yet to pick something out. Then tell her you can meet her for dinner or drinks after she gets something to see what she got. wink wink, nod nod.
    Last edited by Ltlabner; 01-24-2008 at 06:11 PM.

I can't believe that thread from last year went 17 pages. I don't think I gave an update on that but I found out on Christmas Eve 2006 that the reason she got divorced was because she had decided to be a lesbian and was hooking up with a former college roommate. No kidding.

I can't believe that thread from last year went 17 pages. I don't think I gave an update on that but I found out on Christmas Eve 2006 that the reason she got divorced was because she had decided to be a lesbian and was hooking up with a former college roommate. No kidding.
    Perhaps less energy on gifts and more energy on actually getting to know the other person is in order?

Nah....go with the case of MGD and a coupon for full-on rumpy-bumpy.

Oh yes you did. Still my favorite thread ever.

Yeah, I'm thinking the inscribed cross missed the mark by a wide berth.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

High five!

I once made dinner for a lady I was interested in. I made:

*Salad with pears, walnuts and balsamic vinegar reduction
    *Lamb Osso Bucco
    *Risotto
    *Pears baked in wine/sugar reduction

That lady is now Mrs. Nate.

OK, any more questions?

Ok guys and gals….I need some help. I’ve procrastinated and now I’m in a bind. I need to come up with an idea for a gift that if possible can be delivered. The catch is that it would have to be delivered tomorrow or Saturday. Without going into great detail, it’s for a girl that’s not yet a girlfriend but that could be soon. So, that rules out flowers as that would be too much at this point.

I need something unique or creative. Something that will be funny or bring a smile, etc. etc. It can’t be “too much” right now.
    This is spooky, did you post the exact same question on the Rivals Indiana board?? If you didn't then someone else is having the same dilema as you are.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

It might be a little pricey but seasons 1-11 of South Park on DVD seems like a fantastic gift to me.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

Show up in a pink bunny suit like Johnny Drama with the case of Natty Light and the wax worms. You should soon have an idea where you stand with the lady.

And if that goes off, please PM me with the details.
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    I've been to parties where guy strippers show up as cops. Maybe she'd like that.

Or balloons. Balloons are always good.
    Or candlesticks, candlesticks are always nice.
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    It might be a little pricey but seasons 1-11 of South Park on DVD seems like a fantastic gift to me.

For the woman who has everything, eh?
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by BoydsOfSummer View Post
    Or candlesticks, candlesticks are always nice.
    Just be careful how you use them. They bend if they spend a lot of time at body temperature.

How did it go this weekend Griffeyfan
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Any update?

Turn Off Ads?