Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pollack trying to comeback

Pollack trying to comeback

Pollack: Will decide after Feb. 8

Bengals linebacker David Pollack is working out in an attempt to return to the NFL. He suffered a fractured neck in the second game of the 2006 season.

Pollack has an appointment with his doctor Feb. 8 and said he will fast and pray about his future before making an announcement on a possible return to the field.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Pollack trying to comeback

I'm not sure fasting will help put on the bulk he needs, but I'll say a prayer that if he comes back he doesn't end up paralyzed.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Do the smart thing for your life and your family David Pollack, stay retired.

Quote Originally Posted by Highlifeman21 View Post
    Do the smart thing for your life and your family David Pollack, stay retired.
    If the doctor clears him why not come back?

Quote Originally Posted by Bip Roberts View Post
    Yeah, Pollack's always stated that if his doctors say he has no greater chance for a paralyzing injury than any other football player, then he'll try to make a comeback.

Personally, I'm not so sure I'd be able to stomach watching him smash against other physical specimens week in and week out while knowing how close he was to never being able to walk again. I wouldn't blame him one bit for choosing to never play again.

Quote Originally Posted by Screwball View Post
    Yeah, Pollack's always stated that if his doctors say he has no greater chance for a paralyzing injury than any other football player, then he'll try to make a comeback.

Personally, I'm not so sure I'd be able to stomach watching him smash against other physical specimens week in and week out while knowing how close he was to never being able to walk again. I wouldn't blame him one bit for choosing to never play again.
    Yep, I trust hes smart enough to understand whats going on. I dont think hes going to get good enough news to make the come back honestly.

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

I can't imagine there's a legitimate, reputable Dr out there that will ever clear him to play professional football.

Don't fractures actually strengthen the bone once they're fully healed? Assuming it's fully healed, his muscles are fully rehabilitated, and he doesn't have any unusual defects (for lack of a better word) that leave him more susceptible, why shouldn't he come back?
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsManRick View Post
    Don't fractures actually strengthen the bone once they're fully healed? Assuming it's fully healed, his muscles are fully rehabilitated, and he doesn't have any unusual defects (for lack of a better word) that leave him more susceptible, why shouldn't he come back?
    If--and that's a HUGE *IF*--what you are positing is true, it would be wonderful to have Pollack return. The Bengals could sure use him.

I can't imagine there's a legitimate, reputable Dr out there that will ever clear him to play professional football.
    I'm not a doctor so I have no idea.

I'm not a doctor so I have no idea.
    HighlifeMan's not one either, but he did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

I think he has stated in the past that if the chance was raised for him even .01% he would not risk it.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

I wish the guy the best; but you're right. Once you suffer that type of injury your risk factor/percentages, sadly enough, are not in your favor.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by Screwball View Post

The doctor's cleared Trent Green though... and that didn't do him too well. If I were David I'd retire, it's just so risky when your talking about head and neck injuries

Quote Originally Posted by cincrazy View Post
    The doctor's cleared Trent Green though... and that didn't do him too well. If I were David I'd retire, it's just so risky when your talking about head and neck injuries
    Umm Trent Green is still playing football so I'm not sure what you really mean by this

Turn Off Ads?