Turn Off Ads?

Thread: First time at caravan. What should I expect?

First time at caravan. What should I expect?

tonight i'm going to the winter caravan in huntington. I was just wondering what to expect from it and what it's like. How long are the waits in the autograph lines? Are there different lines for each person? I'd personally love to get thom's, baker's, Bennett's, Castellini's, Freel's, and Bruce's, but that seems very optimistic. Also, do you get to talk at all to them, or is it more of a just go through the line thing? thank you all very much
    3-2 at games this year
    5-9 all time

2010 central division champions

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: first time at caravan

I went to the stop in Parkersburg last night. If you are there early enough, you can get through the line quickly. I arrived about an hour and a half early, got a seat in the chairs they had setup, and was one of the first 30 or so through the autograph line. They set it up as a "buffet" style where you just get one after another. There shouldn't be any problem getting everyone there. Also, you can say a few words, but it won't really be possible to have a conversation as they want to make sure everyone there gets an autograph. They started everything off with introductions, then did about a 45 minute Q and A and then got onto the autographs. It was a great experience and my advice would be to get there and claim a sit as early as you can.

C-Bus (Columbus OH for non-Jim Rome fans)

The Reds run a very fan friendly caravan--I actually was at the Indians caravan Wednesday nite here in Columbus and it was not fan friendly at all...fans had to chose a line to get in for a particular player (of course Grady Sizemore's was largest) and it was held to a hard 45 minute limit. The Reds made sure everyone at Flannagans last nite go to go thru the line and get an autograph--from everyone--and also a chance to say a few words to everyone. Also, you get a chance to win Opening Day tix!!

Just got home from the Charleston stop. Overall, I enjoyed it. Thom walked into the crowd for the fans that had questions. Everyone got autographs. Aside from the shoplifter that was being a little loud in the background and the announcement of a "shelter in place due to a blue haze" over the valley, it was fun.

Turn Off Ads?