Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: my 2 carvan trips

my 2 carvan trips

I know there has all ready been a few posts on the caravan,but wanted to throw my 2 cents in.
    Went to parkersburg yesterday,and was surprised by the line.Freel stood out as a fellow who was happy to be a baseball player,and a kind of a average joe fellow.
    Jay Bruce is just a baby(he is only 20),and also seemed a nice guy.
    And then onto columbus today.one word.FREEZING.The city gave a speech on the reds giving some money for there ballpark,and marty spoke.Did not really have a autograph session,but still graped a few,like brandon,may and browning.
    Brandon Phillips was just great.While after the speach,the other ballplayers went to warm up,but Phillips was out there getting his pic taken,and holding babys.
    I think he could easiley be the face of the reds for the next decade.He talked to anyone close by,and just really was a nice fellow.I hope he has a great career for cincinnati.
    Shout out to Browning,who actually got off the bus to sign my ball,and Lee May,who opened his car door up for me,even thought he was freezing,and signed my baseball.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: my 2 carvan trips

Thanks for the report. Sounds like a fun couple days.

C-A-T-S CATS! CATS! CATS! WVRed's Avatar

I was at the one in Parkersburg last night and I was very surprised by the turnout as well. I didn't know there were that many Reds fans in the Mid-Ohio Valley.(Cleveland and Pittsburgh country)
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

Parkersburg is right across the river from Marietta... definitely Reds country. Closer to Cincy than the Pits or Cleveditch.

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

http://www.limaohio.com/story.php?IDnum=48443

Big crowd greets Reds in Lima
    Tom Usher - Jan. 26th, 2008
    LIMA — Reds second baseman Brandon Phillips just kept smiling.

He smiled as he posed for pictures and he was all smiles as he was signing autographs.
    And there were plenty of autographs to be given out.

A crowd of over 500 lined up to meet the Reds Winter Caravan on Friday night at the Lima Mall. Joining 30-home run, 32-steal Phillips on the caravan were Reds general manager Wayne Krivsky, Reds Hall of Fame announcer Marty Brennaman and former Reds lefty Tom Browning, who owns the only perfect game in Reds history.

“I’m impressed with this,” Bluffton’s Andy Althaus said of the caravan. “I was surprised with who was coming up here for the Reds.”

Because of the crowd, Brennaman announced that the question-and-answer session would be very brief to accommodate autograph seekers.

In the quick 10-minute session, most of the questions were directed at Krivsky.

Marty Glazier asked about the Reds signing left-hander Jeremy Affeldt, who had a 3.51 earned-run average with the Rockies last year.

“I heard he has a history of blisters,” Glazier asked.

“He had a surgical procedure to cut off his nail and he hasn’t had a problem with blisters since then,” Krivsky said.

One fan wanted to know why the Reds traded popular outfielder Josh Hamilton to the Rangers for right-hander Edinson Volquez, who went 14-6 with a 3.67 ERA between AA Frisco and AAA Oklahoma last year. He was 2-1 with a 4.50 with the Rangers.

“You have to give up something to get something,” Krivsky said. “We feel Volquez can help our rotation this year. I understand fans being disappointed with trading Josh. If it doesn’t pan out, there could be another general manager up here next year.”

Jason Meyer asked Krivsky when the Reds were going to sign Phillips to a long-term deal.

“Everywhere we go, we get that question,” Krivsky said with a smile. “We’re working on it. We want him in a Reds’ uniform for a long time. I like players who make me look smarter than I am.”

Luke Perkins came with his parents 90 minutes early to get a seat in the first row. He asked Brandon Phillips what his goals were for the season.

“My goal is to make the playoffs,” Phillips said. “Individually, I don’t have any goals.”

A few more questions and it was time for autographs. And while people waited in line, they talked Reds.

“I’d want more pitching, but the question is at what cost,” Jeff Blair said.

Dylan Frazier, 10, was looking at his Phillips autograph after he had just waited over an hour in line.

“It was worth it,” Frazier said. “He’s the greatest.”

You can comment on this story at www.limaohio.com.
    /r/reds

The photo caption at the link says the kid is exchanging high fives with Marty.

http://www.herald-dispatch.com/sports/x754270465

Reds draw big crowd in visit to Huntington
    Jan 26, 2008 @ 12:14 AM
    By DAVID WALSH
    The Herald-Dispatch

BARBOURSVILLE -- Alisha Adkins and Madison Barbour got in line about 4:30 p.m. Once the introductions and talks ended, the two Asland residents started winding their way to the podium where their favorite baseball players were seated.

Up the steps, down the line. One by one they passed the celebrities until they came to. ... Ryan Freel, outfielder for the Cincinnati Reds.

Freel, one of several members of the Reds team and front office on hand Friday for the Winter Caravan stop at the Huntington Mall, put his signature on several items for the teenagers. The Boyd County High School softball players immediately reached for their cell phones to call friends and tell them about it.

"I'm still shaking. I was very happy. I jumped up and down," Barbour said. "I've been watching the Reds for a while. I call Ryan the 'Little Pete Rose.' The way he hustles."

"She got me into it," Adkins said of Barbour getting her interested in baseball. "When we got close, I said, 'Oh! I'm going to lose my breath.' It was nerve wracking. He inspires me. I didn't want to leave."

The Huntington Mall stop was the third in West Virginia for the tour's southern leg. Friday's event attracted 1,500 fans, mall officials said.

"This is so huge, important," said Thom Brennaman, Reds broadcaster who served an emcee for the introductions. "It does so many positives for the franchise."

Thom Brennaman's father, Marty, also does Reds broadcasts is in the Broadcaster's Wing of the Baseball Hall of Fame.

Freel and Brennaman were joined by players Jay Bruce and Jon Adkins; Chief Operating Officer Phil Castellini; Gene Bennett, a special assistant to the general manager; and Reds mascot Mr. Redlegs. Front-office staff handled ticket inquiries.

Adkins, a pitcher who played at Wayne High School, had family members and friends in the audience. He's a non-roster player going into spring training.

"I watched this team growing up," said Adkins, who wears the 2005 World Series Championship ring won by the Chicago White Sox. "I've got a chance to go down in spring training and compete for a job. That's all you can ask for."

Dale Caskey drove in from Morehead, Ky., along with his son Chris and his girlfriend Chassidy Ison. They had two sets of Marty and Thom bobblehead dolls signed along with other items. They both wore Adam Dunn's No. 44 jersey.

"I've been a big fan since the Big Red Machine," said Dale, who'll head to Sarasota, Fla., in March to watch the Reds play spring training games. "Every spring there's renewed hope. This spring it seems more than normal."

The Reds finished 72-90 and in fifth place in the National League's Central Division in 2007. The Reds have made a number of moves, one of the biggest being hiring Dusty Baker as new manager.

"I was a fan of the '90 team," Chris Caskey said. "I stick with them. I was raised to like them. I'm very optimistic. I hope the young guys mix well with the vets and we're the next Colorado Rockies."

The Rockies won the NL wild card spot in a playoff last season and reached the World Series where they were swept by Boston.

Baker, a three-time NL manager of the year, leaves the broadcast booth (ESPN) to return to the diamond.

"Somebody's always got to go. I don't want my career to end the way it did in Chicago (Cubs)," Baker said while signing autographs. "You don't get that dumb all of a sudden. I was told some things about Cincinnati and the offer was good. I need to be back on the field. I'm not ready for television permanently."

The Reds will report to spring training in February. The season opens March 31 against the Arizona Diamondbacks at Great American Ball Park. Game time is 2:10 p.m.
    /r/reds

http://redlegnation.com/2008/01/23/g...comment-734213

The Dublin Stop:

Horrible. Period. Aside from Marty seemingly tipsy and swearing, it was awful. No where to sit or even stand. Two servers for the whole restaurant. Line out and around the building.The Reds should be embarrassed.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    The Dublin Stop:

Horrible. Period. Aside from Marty seemingly tipsy and swearing, it was awful. No where to sit or even stand. Two servers for the whole restaurant. Line out and around the building.The Reds should be embarrassed.
    That's the way it was up here in Muncie last year at Damon's. They had people lined up outside in the cold and they started turning people because so many people showed up. We were lucky as we were there 45 minutes before the event started and were some of the last people that got autographs. This year they had it at a local car dealership up here in Muncie. The place was packed and the key was to get there early (we got there about a half an hour early). Not alot of seating or places to stand but no one was out in the cold.

“You have to give up something to get something,” Krivsky said. “We feel Volquez can help our rotation this year. I understand fans being disappointed with trading Josh. If it doesn’t pan out, there could be another general manager up here next year.”
    Interesting comment.

Jason Meyer asked Krivsky when the Reds were going to sign Phillips to a long-term deal.

“Everywhere we go, we get that question,” Krivsky said with a smile. “We’re working on it. We want him in a Reds’ uniform for a long time. I like players who make me look smarter than I am.”
    That's also interesting as it looks like that is the route they want to take. That had to be an awkward question for Phillips sitting nearby.

“My goal is to make the playoffs,” Phillips said. “Individually, I don’t have any goals.”
    I love that guy.

http://www.limaohio.com/story.php?IDnum=48452

Staring out the window, waiting for spring
    Mike Lackey - Jan. 26th, 2008

Ask Brandon Phillips what he does to pass the winter and he has a one-word answer:

“Bowling.”

Good exercise?

He shrugs.

“Takes my mind off the game.”

Of course “the game” — baseball — is Phillips’ profession. He needs to get his mind off it once in awhile. At 26, the Cincinnati Reds’ second baseman had the best season of his young life last year. If he spent the entire winter obsessing over what might happen this year, he’d get so keyed up he couldn’t sleep.

Most of us fans didn’t have as good a year last year as Brandon Phillips. We need all the baseball we can get, in whatever form it’s available, to get us through the winter.

A few hours before Phillips rolled into town Friday night with the Reds Winter Caravan, the temperature had been hovering near zero. The mercury had hardly peeked above freezing in 10 days.

Such times are the dark night of a baseball fan’s soul. We grow restless and brood. The calendar’s cold months chill us more deeply than other mortals, as they did Rogers Hornsby, the great slugger of the 1920s.

“People ask me what I do in the winter when there’s no baseball,” Hornsby once said. “I’ll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring.”

While waiting, some 500 fans bestirred themselves to show up at the Lima Mall to meet Phillips and his traveling companions. The throng formed an autograph line that started at Macy’s and at one point appeared to stretch about halfway downtown.

Among the earliest arrivals, nearly an hour before the presentation was scheduled to start, were Bret Busch and his 11-year-old son, Eric. They drove 45 minutes from their home in Paulding County, partly to get a respite from a household where all the women are Cleveland Indians fans.

Eric, wearing a Reds cap and a Brandon Phillips jersey, showed off a baseball that Phillips signed for him last summer during a visit to the Great American Ball Park. Coming off the field after pregame warm-ups, Phillips signed a few autographs and was about to head down into the dugout when he saw Eric’s jersey.

At that point, the ballplayer smiled and said, “I can sign one more.”

“He seems really accessible,” Bret Busch said. “He’s a nice guy.”

Phillips lived up to that scouting report. Loudly cheered and applauded by the Lima crowd, he smiled and waved. He hid his face when a questioner prodded general manager Wayne Krivsky to sign him to a long-term contract.

Phillips also struck just the right note in response to a young fan’s question about his goals for 2008. Phillips said the only goal he has set is for the team to make the playoffs, “and go from there.”

The most arcane query in the abbreviated question-and-answer session came from Lima Locos factotum Marty Glazier. He put Krivsky on the spot about newly acquired pitcher Jeremy Affeldt, formerly of the Colorado Rockies and the Kansas City Royals, and his susceptibility to blisters on his pitching hand.

Blisters?

“I follow the game,” Glazier explained afterward. “I saw him come out of Kansas City games a few times with blisters.”

Glazier has been following the game for 70 years. Asked what brought him out Friday night, he said, “I can’t miss this. This tells me that baseball season can’t be too far off.”

At the other end of the scale, the youngest fan in on hand was 6-week-old Gus Bibart, who came from Bellefontaine with his parents, Rob and Liz. Appropriately decked out in Reds gear, Gus was sleeping soundly in the midst of all the hubbub.

He was dreaming, no doubt, of spring.
    /r/reds

Pitching is the thing WVRedsFan's Avatar

Report from the Charleston (WV) Gazette

http://www.wvgazette.com/Sports/200801250807

Before the Dust settles . . .

New manager highlights visit to mall by Reds Caravan
    Dusty Baker's link to Charleston is both distant and fleeting, but the memories are still strong.
    By Mike Whiteford
    Staff writer
    Dusty Baker's link to Charleston is both distant and fleeting, but the memories are still strong.

"I played against the 1971 Charleston Charlies in the mountains somewhere over there,'' the Reds' first-year manager said Friday afternoon, standing in a Charleston Town Center Mall corridor. "That was probably one of the prettiest baseball settings I've ever seen. I remember that vividly.''

As a 22-year-old outfielder in the Atlanta organization, Baker played for the Richmond Braves against the '71 Charlies of the Class AAA International League at Watt Powell Park, and he reached the majors to stay the following season in a career that covered 19 years as a player and 14 as a manager.

He inherits a team that finished 72-90 last year, has not played .500 baseball since the 2000 season and not won a division title since 1995. Five years ago, Baker found himself in a similar position as the Cubs' first-year manager but took a team that had gone 67-95 in 2002 and won a Central Division title with an 88-74 record in 2003.

Baker made no promises of a similar turnaround but seemed to enjoy the caravan's relaxed atmosphere.

"What the fans see on TV is totally different than what they see in person,'' he said. "Here, they get to see you personally under very low pressure. They get to hear you talk, they get to shake your hand, they get to look in your eyes. This is how you build your fan base, especially with the kids.''

He also demonstrated a sharp memory as he reminisced about the Charlies of 37 years ago.

"I remember they had some good teams over here,'' said the California native. "Richie Zisk was here. I think Rennie Stennett was here then. Bruce Kison was here. Johnny Jeter could run that ball down. Charlie Howard was here. I remember Rimp Lanier.''

Watt Powell Park, situated in Mission Hollow amid tree-lined hills, stirred memories of home.

"It reminded me of where I used to play up in the mountains in my hometown of Sacramento,'' he said. "The mountains are in the back. Those are beautiful ballparks.''

Accompanying Baker were infielder/outfielder Ryan Freel, outfielder and Baseball America's Minor League Player of the Year Jay Bruce, broadcasters Thom Brennaman and Jeff Brantley, Reds chief operating officer Phil Castellini and Reds scout Gene Bennett.

Baker and the caravan participants touched on a variety of subjects:

s Baker on the possibility of impending trades: "I don't know if there will be any more trades, but we're trying to acquire more pitching. We're not going to acquire guys just to acquire guys. We're looking for quality versus quantity.''

s Castellini on the Reds' recent trade of outfielder Josh Hamilton to the Texas Rangers for pitchers Edinson Volquez and Danny Herrera: "I was also a huge Josh Hamilton fan personally, but he also had value. You can't always buy the talent. Sometimes you have to trade for talent. The chess move at the time was trading a talented player who had value in the market for the pitching we so desperately need.''

s Brantley on the Hamilton trade: "You wouldn't trade a talent like Josh Hamilton for just anyone. That's why you rely on your scouts and your people that are out there. Edinson Volquez has good control, not only of the physical part of his game but the mental part of his game. He keeps the ball down in the strike zone. He can touch 95 miles an hour. But the pitch that makes him a candidate [for the rotation], and a very viable candidate to make the starting five, is the fact that he can throw a changeup at any time, and he can throw it for a strike.''

s Baker on candidates for the pitching rotation: "We have some competition. We have young [Johnny] Cueto, [Edinson] Volquez, Jeremy Affledt and Matt Belisle. Belisle is a name that most people don't mention. This guy was 8-9 in 170-some innings, and this guy is just learning how to pitch. I remember seeing Aaron Harang when he was in Oakland. At that time, he wasn't the same Harang you see now.''

s Baker on the importance of big crowds at Great American Ballpark: "You just don't know how important it is to look in the stands and hear our fans cheering for us and giving us that added boost.''

s Baker on limiting pitchers to pitch counts: "We have pitch counts because of the amount of money kids receive, and nobody wants to be responsible for hurting the investment that they gave that kid. So this way, everybody's covering their behinds. A lot of it is in a pitcher's head. A lot of it is being satisfied with six innings and how a pitcher trains. If you went to work for five hours a day and then you had to work eight hours, you're going to be tired like a dog. Am I right? I saw my daddy work two jobs for 37 years.''

s Baker on the Reds' attitude: "We're going to be together as a team. There will be no separation between pitching and hitting or whose fault it is.''

s Castellini on the prospects of a long-term contract for second baseman Brandon Phillips: "We're in the process right now. That's really one of the last pieces to come together. We're trying to do that without going to arbitration.''

s Baker on the Reds' first base position: "Joey Votto is going to get an opportunity to shine.''

s Freel in response to a fan's question about his injured knee: "Thanks for the concern. I feel wonderful. My knee is bouncing back. I woke up today and pretty much felt nothing. It's the first day I've felt like that.''

s Freel on his eight years in the minors: "I'll never forget where I came from. Still to this day when I fly in to get ready for this caravan and walking into a Major League baseball field, I'm very thankful. It's a blessing that I'm here.''

s Baker on Freel: "Here's a guy who's an American success story. He wasn't a high-round draft choice. He's slight of build. He spent eight years in the minor leagues and finally got a break, and he capitalized and got a multi-year contract. He gives kids hope that they can make it, too.''

s Bruce on his selection as Baseball America's Minor League Player of the Year: "I was very fortunate to stay healthy all year and have a good year and put myself in that position. But you can't take anything for granted. I was very fortunate.''

s Bruce on his talent (when he's playing at his best): "Hopefully, a little bit of everything. I want to hit for average, power - again this is when I'm playing well. Consistency's a big thing for me. I think that's the big key to everything. Hopefully, I can play good defense, steal some bases and make it exciting and be an exciting player.''

s Baker on the reception he expects when he returns to Wrigley Field, where he managed the Cubs from 2003 to 2006: "It was negative when I left; it will probably be negative when I get there. You can't worry about it. I'm going in there to do a job, and I don't care what they say or what they do.''

s Brennaman on his father, Marty, who normally visits Charleston as part of the winter caravan but was not scheduled to do so this year: "He'll be here next year.''

C-A-T-S CATS! CATS! CATS! WVRed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz Dorsey View Post
    Parkersburg is right across the river from Marietta... definitely Reds country. Closer to Cincy than the Pits or Cleveditch.
    It's about 4 hours from here to Cincinnati. About 2 and a half to Cleveland and Pittsburgh. I've been to Cincinnati three times since i've moved up here and that is pretty much how long it takes each time.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Pitching is the thing WVRedsFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    I was at the one in Parkersburg last night and I was very surprised by the turnout as well. I didn't know there were that many Reds fans in the Mid-Ohio Valley.(Cleveland and Pittsburgh country)
    Traditionally, Reds Country extends from Parkersburg-Marietta south into northwestern Virginia. It's always been that way. Back in the days before the Reds quit caring, you could find 50 radio stations with Reds baseball in that area. I think Parkersburg had at least three. Charleston had WCHS. Bluefield had a station. Beckley had a station. Huntington had a station. The Reds had a limited schedule on WSAZ-TV in Huntington for years and then it went to the Fox station between Charleston and Huntington. When the Reds went to FS Ohio, that ended and we got saddled with FS Pittsburgh for the whole daggone state. I'll be honest with you. I cannot name one single Pirate fan in southern West Virginia, and my business takes me everywhere in the area. Most were Reds fans until the team deserted the area. Many Braves fans are what used to be Reds fans and the Braves' recent non-success gives the Reds a chance.

Reds baseball was everywhere. For some reason, around 1990, the Reds quit marketing here. I am so happy to see the Castellini administration coming to places like Parkersburg, Charleston, and Huntington. It shows that they know what Reds country is, or was. I have numerous clients in Charleston and Huntington and they were thrilled with the caravan again. That has to be good news.

what happened to the Reds marketing south of Louisville and Lexington in KY? The same thing that happened in West Virginia happened here. After about 1990, it dried up. I think when the Reds went to FSN, it really killed a lot of the fan base. I finally got DirecTV last month so I am one of the lucky ones, but the cable operators around here, for the most part, do no carry FSN Ohio, but FSN South instead. The Reds are the only "local" team thus baseball just isn't popular around here anymore. I still see some Reds caps every once in a while and I also see several Braves caps from time to time, but with TBS changing, that will end too. I sometimes get comments when wearing my Reds gear around town, especially from older folks than remember when the Reds were popular around here. I think the Reds need to get with the radio side and add a bunch of stations because I sure don't know of any around this area. XM is great for me, but not a lot of people have jumped on board yet.

The local cable operators do not want to pay what it costs to carry FSN and if they do, it's FSN South because of UK basketball.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Erardi's story today on West Virginia closes with a very important change with this ownership - a point that has been discussed in this thread and several times here on RZ - marketing the club and recovering the lost fan base from the 80's and 90's. According to Erardi, they've added five new radio affiliates, restructured the ticket marketing and are working closely with the affiliates. This is critical to subsequent success on the field.

"The selling of the air time (by the Reds in the new contract with flagship station WLW-AM) is great ... but the greater win for me is what we can do to utilize as a vehicle to market our product ... and get all these people into the stadium," said Phil Castellini, the Reds' chief operating officer. "We've lost half of Columbus to the (Cleveland) Indians and we've lost parts of Indianapolis to both (the) Chicago (Cubs) and St. Louis ... "

As fans approached Castellini and members of the Reds' traveling party to gather autographs, they told stories about their parents taking buses to Riverfront Stadium. Before that, their grandparents rode the train to Crosley Field.

"It isn't rocket science (about making fans feel wanted)," Castellini said. "You can't just expect people to show up (at the ballpark)."

Though it's true the Reds can't generate anywhere near the revenues of the big-metropolitan area teams, the Reds do have one of the widest drawing regions in Major League Baseball. It makes for a potentially strong ticket base that can be tapped, especially if the team on the field is good. It's a strength that Big Red Machine architect Bob Howsam maximized during the 1970s, as he and his staff turned the Reds into a model for other teams seeking to leverage their fan base.

"That was Howsam's big thing - emphasizing 'Reds Country,' " said WVHU sportscaster Bill Cornwell. "Huntington, Charleston and Lexington were a big part of it."

The 2.6 million fans at Riverfront in 1976 is still the club record.

Cornwell: "They got people in Reds Country to buy tickets ahead of time to go to games in Cincinnati in the summertime. Apparently, the Castellinis are bringing back that approach."

Since taking over the selling of radio time themselves in the new contract with WLW-AM a few months ago, the Reds have added five station affiliates to the Reds Radio Network, bringing the total to 51. The Reds' goal is to continue to add more, Castellini said. It's not only in the outposts where some affiliates will be added, but even in the bigger markets where the Reds' game signal isn't uniformly strong and clear.

"There are all kinds of holes between Cincinnati and Louisville and Lexington," Castellini said. "WLW gets in there, but maybe not in all the (hollows)."

Affiliates in the Reds radio network used to each get 40 season tickets but will now get 100. Each station will be invited to bring 12-14 customers to a press-box-level suite for their own "night" at Great American Ball Park. And, a week in advance, the Reds will send the affiliations various giveaway-night items so the stations can talk up the Reds.

WVHU's Cornwell said the alumni club of Huntington's Marshall University is having a day at Great American Ball Park in the spring, and the Reds affiliates in this region are planning a day, too.

The Reds also have divided Reds Country into four sections and hired a group-ticket sales person for each. The idea is to get those people on the local radio stations, and then when those same sales people show up at events, listeners connect them to the Reds.

"And we're doing field projects (in those communities) and going in there with the speakers' bureau and having regional days at the ballpark," Castellini said. "It's a strategy ... It's just starting. It's something we hope to perfect in the coming years."

WVHU sponsored Friday night's caravan here. Station reps recalled there being no Reds caravan in the mid-1980s through the late 1990s. Consequently, the number of fans going to Cincinnati dwindled.

"I'll never forget four or five years ago, when the Reds made their first trip to Huntington in many years," said WVHU's Swann. "Marty Brennaman looked out over the crowd and said (to his fellow members of the Reds' traveling party), 'Boys, this is the biggest one yet. Wow!'

"As a region, we take pride in that. The ballclub is serious about treating the affiliates right. I've seen it for months now. We're not just another dot on the map."
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things, that's Rallyonion.com

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

Turn Off Ads?