Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Thurman Update

Re: Thurman Update

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQbFlZJg8lY&NR=1

Hopefully we get to see some more of this this year.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I probably wouldn't say this to him face to face, but he looks a bit soft in those pics. Far from being in game shape, I guess that's what a 2 yr layoff does to a guy.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Honestly, I think Thurman's always "looked soft." Even when he came into the NFL, he really never struck me as a guy who's been incredibly ripped or anything. I think he's just always been in solid shape (for NFL standards) but always had incredible talent to back it up with.

Yea hes always had that fat top half look

No official announcement yet, but his cousin says that hes been reinstated.

Its official now:

NFL taps Thurman
    By GEOFF HOBSON
    April 21, 2008

Updated: 4 p.m.

The Bengals announced Monday that NFL commissioner Roger Goodell informed the club middle linebacker Odell Thurman has been reinstated after a two-year exile for violating the league's substance abuse policy.

"Odell has met the NFL's conditions for reinstatement and has been added to our offseason roster," said Bengals head coach Marvin Lewis in a press release. "It is now up to Odell to continue to meet all NFL guidelines, and to maintain a standard of personal responsibility that will allow him the chance to compete for a spot on our team."

It means Thurman will be on the field for the spring camps in May and June for the first time since Goodell suspended him for four games in July of 2006 for violations of the substance abuse policy.

Goodell turned it into the entire year two months later when Thurman was arrested Sept. 25 on a DUI. Then for reasons he didn't make public because of the policy's privacy guidelies, Goodell didn't reinstate him for the 2007 season.

Late this January, Thurman, 24, was allowed back into Paul Brown Stadium to work out. But he hasn't played in a game since 2005, when he emerged as a leading Defensive Rookie of the Year candidate with a team-high 148 tackles and four forced fumbles to go with five interceptions that led all rookies.

Source: http://www.bengals.com/news/news.asp?story_id=6734

You're being very UnDude. sonny's Avatar

Glad to have him back, from a football standpoint.

But, mostly I hope he's grown as a person.
    Witty signature.

Assuming he's grown and devoted to his career, this is basically a free 1st/2nd round draft pick for this year. He'll be a "tremendous upside" once again.

Hopefully he's over his trouble first and foremost, and after that hopefully his tank is still quite full.

I'm gonna go ahead and get way ahead of myself and imagine a Brooks, Thurman, Jeanty LB corps. Now that's actually something to be feared.

Quote Originally Posted by Screwball View Post
    I'm gonna go ahead and get way ahead of myself and imagine a Brooks, Thurman, Jeanty LB corps. Now that's actually something to be feared.
    Now that's something I keep hearing now, but I'm not buying it. This may seem like a 'glass half empty' look, but when I see Brooks, Thurman, and Jeanty lined up next too each other, I see an underachiever, a player whos 2 years removed from playing a NFL down, and an ex CFL linebacker; nothing an opposing team will fear.

Quote Originally Posted by Screwball View Post
    A lot of potential, but you can't count on any of them. They all have issues in one way shape or form.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Turn Off Ads?