Turn Off Ads?
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617 LastLast

Thread: MLB '08 The Show PS3

High five!

Re: MLB '08 The Show PS3

Can you change the appearance of the players? For example, can you outfit Homer Bailey with a hunting knife?

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Senor Votto

Quote Originally Posted by nate View Post
    Can you change the appearance of the players? For example, can you outfit Homer Bailey with a hunting knife?
    If it's someone like Bruce who was a late addition to the game then I think so but not if they've been in the game the whole time like Dunn or Griffey

i just started a season with an updated roster. if the reds bring up anyone else not in the new roster what do you do? i know they update the rosters but you shouldn't need to start a new season each time to make the rosters current. what would be nice is if you could import players off the updated rosters to put into your current roster. that would allow you to start a season without being worried about having the new players that will be added during the season. there is a couple of players in the minors that might make it up before the season is over.
    there's nothing like bowling a 300 game! 13 now and retired.

Ricky henderson has a higher OBP than C. patterson and he's retired. C. Trent 6-14-2008

Knight's historic roster should be released tonight over @ OS. Operationsports.com .

The 1990 Reds are included. I d/led the beta version Friday and they are amazing rosters.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

After playing for a while, is it just me, or is there an unusually high amount of shoestring catches in this game. It almost seems as though they tried to make is seem more realistic by adding more types of catches, but went a little overboard on shoestring catches. Maybe its just the way I've been hitting.

Quote Originally Posted by SeeinRed View Post
    After playing for a while, is it just me, or is there an unusually high amount of shoestring catches in this game. It almost seems as though they tried to make is seem more realistic by adding more types of catches, but went a little overboard on shoestring catches. Maybe its just the way I've been hitting.
    I think it's just you.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by Jpup View Post
    I think it's just you.

Thats a phrase I hear a lot.... All kidding aside though, the other night I played and I counted 8 shoestring catches by the computer. Its gotta be the way I'm hitting the ball or maybe something in the settings. I'm keeping a tally on paper to see how many I average per game.

Thats a phrase I hear a lot.... All kidding aside though, the other night I played and I counted 8 shoestring catches by the computer. Its gotta be the way I'm hitting the ball or maybe something in the settings. I'm keeping a tally on paper to see how many I average per game.
    what rosters are you using? that could be part of it. I've played, probably, over 150 games and haven't noticed anything like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jpup View Post
    what rosters are you using? that could be part of it. I've played, probably, over 150 games and haven't noticed anything like that.
    I'm using the updated rosters from the game. I've downloaded them as often as possible. Its just a statistical oddity I would guess.

Senor Votto

I'm using the updated rosters from the game. I've downloaded them as often as possible. Its just a statistical oddity I would guess.
    I've been robbed of hits by a good amount of shoestring catches. But on the flipside I've done a good amount of that too in Right Field.

are you starting a new season each time you download a roster?

Ricky henderson has a higher OBP than C. patterson and he's retired. C. Trent 6-14-2008

Quote Originally Posted by toledodan View Post
    are you starting a new season each time you download a roster?

No, but I also play a lot of games in exhibition mode. I've noticed it in both modes. I played yesterday and noticed that I hit a lot of line drives. Maybe thats where it comes from. Its not really a concern, but more of a curiosity for me. Its to the point now where I just laugh everytime a shoestring catch is made.

Senor Votto

No, but I also play a lot of games in exhibition mode. I've noticed it in both modes. I played yesterday and noticed that I hit a lot of line drives. Maybe thats where it comes from. Its not really a concern, but more of a curiosity for me. Its to the point now where I just laugh everytime a shoestring catch is made.
    That could be the timing of your swing. My right handed hitter usually flys out to right field.

Does anybody know what happened to Danny Ray Herrera on the Reds roster? In some of the updates, he was listed in the Reds organization under AAA relievers, and I still have him in my franchise. He has not been listed in the most recent updates, however, so I am wondering what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by AmarilloRed View Post
    Does anybody know what happened to Danny Ray Herrera on the Reds roster? In some of the updates, he was listed in the Reds organization under AAA relievers, and I still have him in my franchise. He has not been listed in the most recent updates, however, so I am wondering what happened.

he was on my roster a couple of weeks ago. i haven't checked lately as i started a season with that roster. i asked a question a few days ago about how people used the updated rosters after starting a season. i would think it would be crazy to have to start a new season each time a new player was added. i wonder once people get the update they want(bruce for example)they just start a season then edit new players as the season goes on. if someone has figured out how to just import players off a roster to a current season that would be even better.

Turn Off Ads?