Turn Off Ads?
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: MLB '08 The Show PS3

Re: MLB '08 The Show PS3

Quote Originally Posted by sonny View Post
    The Show rates Bailey as a B prospect. Are the makers RedZone members?
    In my experience, The Show sometimes changes the ranking. Try restarting dynasty mode, with a new team. See what it is then.
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by fearofpopvol1 View Post
    Maybe someone can answer this easier than I can find it, but why is MLB "The Show" only made for PS?? I have a 360 and I'm not so happy about it...
    Because the game is made by Sony.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Quote Originally Posted by fearofpopvol1 View Post
    Stupid companies.

I get why Sony won't manufacture the Show for Xbox, but they could make a lot of money by making it available to the other platforms. I'm not convinced that "The Show" is an elite enough game that someone would buy a PS3 just so they could play it. I could be wrong and I'm sure it doesn't hurt someone that is on the fence.
    Due to the agreement signed by Major League Baseball and 2kSports the ONLY multi-platform game will be 2KSports version. Sony is only allowed to make a game for their console. If Microsoft decided to make one they could make one for the XBox only. Nintendo can make one for the WII only... so it's not that Sony doesn't want to release one for the XBox, it's that they are not allowed to.
    In those things which we commit to practice we can master, and with mastery we have the freedom to use these skills whenever we desire, without this practice we are slaves to our inability.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsFan75 View Post
    Due to the agreement signed by Major League Baseball and 2kSports the ONLY multi-platform game will be 2KSports version. Sony is only allowed to make a game for their console. If Microsoft decided to make one they could make one for the XBox only. Nintendo can make one for the WII only... so it's not that Sony doesn't want to release one for the XBox, it's that they are not allowed to.
    Ah, interesting. Gotcha. Thanks for clearing that up. Didn't realize it was that complicated.

I'm toolsy.

Question for veterans of the series: At what point can we expect the first wave of roster updates from Sony? I have read here that some people have created Bruce, Cueto, etc, but I would prefer to wait until Sony provides the "real thing".

Senor Votto

Quote Originally Posted by FutureRedsGM View Post
    Question for veterans of the series: At what point can we expect the first wave of roster updates from Sony? I have read here that some people have created Bruce, Cueto, etc, but I would prefer to wait until Sony provides the "real thing".
    They'll be on the game for real a few days after they get called up to the majors. Or if they make the team out of spring training then you'll most likely see them then.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    I was thumbing through Playstation Magazine at Target while my wife was grocery shopping or doing whatever it is she does and they list GTA's release date as next Tuesday(3/11). It may be about time.

Well I was on Rockstar's official website today and it says the release date is April 29th. I don't know why PSM listed it as March 11th.

I picked up The Show and Army of 2 this past weekend. My wife was out of town so I got some time in on both. I can't decide which game I like better. The co-op mode on Ao2 is a lot of fun my youngest brother came over and we played through quite a few levels.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

I've developed Bruce and Maybin great.

Gallardo is 25 and is 93 overall
    Bruce is 23 and 92 overall
    Maybin is 23 and 89 overall
    Phil Hughes is 25 ( i think) and 92 overall

Got me to the playoffs in '10, lookin to win the series in '11

By the way 2k sports needs to cut it down a little, I understand Jose Reyes is your cover player but don't make it so unrealistic. In 2010 he had the following stats and won mvp obviously:

348 avg
    93 steals
    64 homers
    185 runs
    165 rbi

Quote Originally Posted by NorrisHopper30 View Post
    I've developed Bruce and Maybin great.

Gallardo is 25 and is 93 overall
    Bruce is 23 and 92 overall
    Maybin is 23 and 89 overall
    Phil Hughes is 25 ( i think) and 92 overall

Got me to the playoffs in '10, lookin to win the series in '11

By the way 2k sports needs to cut it down a little, I understand Jose Reyes is your cover player but don't make it so unrealistic. In 2010 he had the following stats and won mvp obviously:

348 avg
    93 steals
    64 homers
    185 runs
    165 rbi
    Does Reyes have way inflated attributes, such as really high power and contact. I can understand the 93 steals. He's got the speed to come atleast close to that, but 64 homers???
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

Quote Originally Posted by GoReds33 View Post
    Does Reyes have way inflated attributes, such as really high power and contact. I can understand the 93 steals. He's got the speed to come atleast close to that, but 64 homers???
    Not to mention, 165 RBIs?? Unless he's in the 3 hole (which I'm doubting) or unless the NL all of a sudden has a DH in the lineup, I don't see how that's possible.

Quote Originally Posted by GoReds33 View Post
    Joe Mauer also has 100 power vs lhp and rhp. Something is a little sketchy, I guess they could develop into a power hitter by 2010, but no way a little guy like Reyes could jack 64 in a year.

A couple of thing I have noticed about RTTS '08. It takes much longer to go up a level. In the '07 version I could play 1 month in AA and be promoted ; this year I spent a whole year in AA and started at AAA the next year. Much more realistic. The computer AI is much smarter; you can lose points for a CS or being picked off(that didn't happen before). I think overall RTTS is much improved this year.

Carl Crawford had 120 SB in my season. Ridiculous!
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    Carl Crawford had 120 SB in my season. Ridiculous!
    Sony is working on a patch for this game. Things I expect they are fixing after hearing from the developers are the simmed steal stats, player fatigue, and outfielder speed. Just be patient. I would expect something towards the end of April, maybe sooner.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by Degenerate39 View Post
    They'll be on the game for real a few days after they get called up to the majors. Or if they make the team out of spring training then you'll most likely see them then.
    It has been some time since the regular season started, and Cueto is now on the 25 man roster. Still, Sony has yet to have an update with Cueto on the roster. I just recently updated the roster this morning, and he was not on the Reds roster. I hope you are right, and we will see him.

Turn Off Ads?