Turn Off Ads?
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617 LastLast

Thread: MLB '08 The Show PS3

Senor Votto

Re: MLB '08 The Show PS3

When your trying to score from 3rd to home how do you pile drive the catcher?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Degenerate39 View Post
    When your trying to score from 3rd to home how do you pile drive the catcher?
    I've had my players do it without giving any slide directions. I don't know if that's how you are supposed to do it though. Maybe there are certain things you can do to hit him harder, because the ball almost never comes out.

Senor Votto

Quote Originally Posted by GoReds33 View Post
    I've had my players do it without giving any slide directions. I don't know if that's how you are supposed to do it though. Maybe there are certain things you can do to hit him harder, because the ball almost never comes out.
    No matter what I push my guy always slides

Quote Originally Posted by Degenerate39 View Post
    No matter what I push my guy always slides
    Sometimes I just push L1 or R1, depending on which mode I'm in, and hold that down. Sometimes they hit the catcher, and sometimes they slide. Give that a try. I'm doing it on PS2, so depending on system, there might be a difference.

lol piledrive the catcher? do you know what a piledrive is?

Senor Votto

Quote Originally Posted by Orodle View Post
    lol piledrive the catcher? do you know what a piledrive is?
    Yes and I was using it as an expression

Something strange happened on the last roster update: It had Brad Salmon listed as a Reds reliever again.

It just put out the last roster update; there were a number of omitted players. No Ramon Ramirez, Chris Dickerson, and I didn't see any of the young relievers. Norris Hopper was a starting outfielder, and Micah Owings was on the AA Diamondbacks roster. I hope all this will be fixed when MLB '09 comes out.

Senor Votto

Quote Originally Posted by AmarilloRed View Post
    It just put out the last roster update; there were a number of omitted players. No Ramon Ramirez, Chris Dickerson, and I didn't see any of the young relievers. Norris Hopper was a starting outfielder, and Micah Owings was on the AA Diamondbacks roster. I hope all this will be fixed when MLB '09 comes out.
    I thought I saw Ramirez and Dickerson on the last roster update I had.

I checked again last night, and most of the callups were there. Micah Owings had an A overall, he was the Reds second best pitcher. Ramon Ramirez was in AAA, and so was Josh Roenicke. I was surprised Roenicke only had a C in velocity. Chris Dickerson was there, but his ratings were lower than I had expected. I will be interested to see what changes are made for next year's game.

Senor Votto

Quote Originally Posted by AmarilloRed View Post
    I checked again last night, and most of the callups were there. Micah Owings had an A overall, he was the Reds second best pitcher. Ramon Ramirez was in AAA, and so was Josh Roenicke. I was surprised Roenicke only had a C in velocity. Chris Dickerson was there, but his ratings were lower than I had expected. I will be interested to see what changes are made for next year's game.
    Doesn't Brandon Phillips have a D or a C in fielding though? Usually I just adjust the ratings to closer way

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

All I know is that negotiating a contract extension in the offseason is a joke.

I hope they fix this in future versions.

My RTTS SS has been OPSing North of 900, averaging 132 steals a year, and batting just shy of .400. Apparently that's only worth 1.2 million a year for 4 years?

So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

Holy moly Highlife...that's like Rickey Henderson squared. What difficulty are you on?
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Highlifeman21 View Post
    All I know is that negotiating a contract extension in the offseason is a joke.

I hope they fix this in future versions.

My RTTS SS has been OPSing North of 900, averaging 132 steals a year, and batting just shy of .400. Apparently that's only worth 1.2 million a year for 4 years?
    Is he really young? If not, I have no idea why that happens. Usually on that game though, the younger, the cheaper.

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by BoydsOfSummer View Post
    Holy moly Highlife...that's like Rickey Henderson squared. What difficulty are you on?
    1 level below the highest difficulty

My speed is maxed, my BR ability is maxed.

My power sucks, and I can't bunt for anything, but my contact is decent, my vision/discipline/coverage is good.

I think my D is good b/c of my speed.

Just frustrating, it's the only "bug" I've found in RTTS.

Turn Off Ads?