Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: MLB '08 The Show PS3

Re: MLB '08 The Show PS3

Quote Originally Posted by sonny View Post
    Time to get rid of my intellevision.
    HAHA, i had that as kid. that was awesome
    because at the end of the day, they still are the Chicago Cubs, and they will figure out a way to screw this whole thing up--Marty B.

2. Turn Off Ads?

MLB 2K8 for 360 is amazing. Jay Bruce and Drew Stubbs are in it as well. They don't have the correct names, but they aren't hard to fine if you use the Top 100 prospects. Jay is #3 and is "John Bale" and Stubbs is in the top and I don't remember what his name is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

I wish I could bring myself to pay for a 360 or a ps3. Too much money for only enjoying console sports games

Senor Votto

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    MLB 2K8 for 360 is amazing. Jay Bruce and Drew Stubbs are in it as well. They don't have the correct names, but they aren't hard to fine if you use the Top 100 prospects. Jay is #3 and is "John Bale" and Stubbs is in the top and I don't remember what his name is.
    Bruce is in the game but with a different name. I believe they have him as a right fielder. And from what I can tell he's just on Franchise mode.

Ok. I have had the game for a couple of days and have concentrated mostly on RTTS. You don't get as many points for training as you did before, but it costs less points to train. There was a glitch in the previous version where you could exit out without saving, and you would be at the point where you last saved. That glitch is now gone, and it seems it auto-saves after the game.

Senor Votto

Road To The Show is really getting me angry. I do fine with the goals at first then halfway through the season I don't do so hot so I have to sit the bench and it's even harder to finish the goals then.

It came out Tuesday right? I've gone to Target/Walmart 2 days in a row and they keep saying they don't have it. My friend got it from the same one last night, i'm really getting impatient.

Quote Originally Posted by Degenerate39 View Post
    Bruce is in the game but with a different name. I believe they have him as a right fielder. And from what I can tell he's just on Franchise mode.
    He's #32 on the Bats, and is a 6'2 LH power hitter who is 20 years old. It's not hard to find him, lol. He's just in AAA. I called him up and renamed him.

Corey Patterson covers some ground too.
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Quote Originally Posted by NorrisHopper30 View Post
    It came out Tuesday right? I've gone to Target/Walmart 2 days in a row and they keep saying they don't have it. My friend got it from the same one last night, i'm really getting impatient.
    Yeah I got mine at gamestop Tuesday.

With the new Gran Turismo and GTA coming out, the PS3 has some really great games coming out. But neither of these games are out yet, and I'm having trouble justifying dropping four hundred buck on a game console that has only one game I want to play right now.

Is The Show so good that I need to run out and buy a PS3 sooner than later? Honest opinions requested.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Quote Originally Posted by paintmered View Post
    With the new Gran Turismo and GTA coming out, the PS3 has some really great games coming out. But neither of these games are out yet, and I'm having trouble justifying dropping four hundred buck on a game console that has only one game I want to play right now.

Is The Show so good that I need to run out and buy a PS3 sooner than later? Honest opinions requested.
    You can just as easily play it on the PS2 for a lot less money. MLB: The Show is the best baseball game out there, and you need to buy it in some form. The PS3 version has better graphics and some improved features, but I expect there is no real hurry to buy the PS 3 version. I have played both the PS2 and PS3 versions, so I expect I can speak with some knowledge on this subject.

Senor Votto

He's #32 on the Bats, and is a 6'2 LH power hitter who is 20 years old. It's not hard to find him, lol. He's just in AAA. I called him up and renamed him.

Corey Patterson covers some ground too.
    I was talking about The Show. And I did the same thing I called him up and renamed him. It's too bad they don't have Cueto on the Show. I guess there's a good chance he'll be on there later on though.

So far on 2k8 I've managed to find Bruce, Stubbs, Cueto, Yanish, and Gutierrez. There are probably a few more but I only looked briefly. Basically guys are in the correct position and with the correct height/weight, they just have different names with the same initials....i.e. Jay Bruce is John Bales. So just go through the roster and look at guys positions and initials and compare them to whats in the Reds minor league system.

What are Bruce's ratings?

Quote Originally Posted by paintmered View Post

I was thumbing through Playstation Magazine at Target while my wife was grocery shopping or doing whatever it is she does and they list GTA's release date as next Tuesday(3/11). It may be about time.

You can just as easily play it on the PS2 for a lot less money. MLB: The Show is the best baseball game out there, and you need to buy it in some form. The PS3 version has better graphics and some improved features, but I expect there is no real hurry to buy the PS 3 version. I have played both the PS2 and PS3 versions, so I expect I can speak with some knowledge on this subject.
    I don't know. I'm not sure if I could go back to playing video games that aren't in HD.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Turn Off Ads?