Turn Off Ads?
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617 LastLast
Results 196 to 210 of 249

Thread: MLB '08 The Show PS3

  1. #196
    GO XAVIER! toledodan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    overland park, kansas
    Posts
    2,003

    Re: MLB '08 The Show PS3

    Quote Originally Posted by guttle11 View Post
    Do you have a wireless router for your PC? If yes, plug it right into the USB/controller charger port.


    no, i just have my DSL modem. i wonder if the PS3 has a Wi-FI usb connector like the nintendo Wii? mine for the Wii works great.
    there's nothing like bowling a 300 game! 13 now and retired.


    Ricky henderson has a higher OBP than C. patterson and he's retired. C. Trent 6-14-2008

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #197
    Attack Cat! OUReds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Athens, Ohio
    Posts
    681

    Re: MLB '08 The Show PS3

    Quote Originally Posted by toledodan View Post
    no, i just have my DSL modem. i wonder if the PS3 has a Wi-FI usb connector like the nintendo Wii? mine for the Wii works great.
    If I follow you correctly, and you mean the USB adaptor that allows a wired broadband connection for the Wii, then you don't need one.

    All PS3s have a LAN port built in for wired connections.

  4. #198
    GO XAVIER! toledodan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    overland park, kansas
    Posts
    2,003

    Re: MLB '08 The Show PS3

    Quote Originally Posted by OUReds View Post
    If I follow you correctly, and you mean the USB adaptor that allows a wired broadband connection for the Wii, then you don't need one.

    All PS3s have a LAN port built in for wired connections.



    yes, you are correct. i just can't figure out how to get it to connect off of it. i don't know what info it needs when i'm setting it up. it asks for a ssid number or something. i'm not quite sure what that is.
    there's nothing like bowling a 300 game! 13 now and retired.


    Ricky henderson has a higher OBP than C. patterson and he's retired. C. Trent 6-14-2008

  5. #199
    Something clever pahster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Reno, NV
    Posts
    1,910

    Re: MLB '08 The Show PS3

    Quote Originally Posted by toledodan View Post
    yes, you are correct. i just can't figure out how to get it to connect off of it. i don't know what info it needs when i'm setting it up. it asks for a ssid number or something. i'm not quite sure what that is.
    The SSID is the name you've set for your wireless network.

  6. #200
    Member Highlifeman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN
    Posts
    8,694

    Re: MLB '08 The Show PS3

    All I know is that in my RTTS, if I were really a Reds' propsect, the minor league forum would be up in arms over my consistent yet inconsistent performance at the dish where I'll alternate 0-4 games with 3-4 games.

    I'm OPSing over 1.100 in AAA, splitting time behind the plate and @ 1B, but I'm either feast or famine. I'm only OBPing in the .360 range, but my SLG is over .750. If I could only take a walk, my OBP would be well over .400, but since I've taken all of maybe 3 walks on the year, my OBP is Keppinger or Hopper esque. Very much so AVG driven.

    Anyone else finding that they'll go 0 for a game, and then the next game get 2+ hits, and then the following game put up the big goose egg at the plate?

  7. #201
    Something clever pahster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Reno, NV
    Posts
    1,910

    Re: MLB '08 The Show PS3

    I've found that I have an incredibly hard time working a walk. I played every game in AA over the course of a season and only walked something between 15-20 times. I've even got the pitchers' control and walk settings altered. They just don't throw me balls. Of course, my character hits like .370, so I guess I don't need them that much, but still.

  8. #202
    Senor Votto Degenerate39's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    7,918

    Re: MLB '08 The Show PS3

    Quote Originally Posted by pahster View Post
    I've found that I have an incredibly hard time working a walk. I played every game in AA over the course of a season and only walked something between 15-20 times. I've even got the pitchers' control and walk settings altered. They just don't throw me balls. Of course, my character hits like .370, so I guess I don't need them that much, but still.
    Unless the pitcher is just having awful control I try to get some hits. I guess I have a Dusty Baker RTTS mentality I want to get hits more than I want to get walks.
    Most Vottomatic Player

  9. #203
    GO XAVIER! toledodan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    overland park, kansas
    Posts
    2,003

    Re: MLB '08 The Show PS3

    Quote Originally Posted by pahster View Post
    You have to connect to the internet through the game; it'll ask you if you want to download updated rosters.


    i got connected tonight but didn't see any place that offerd me the rosters. any help would be great.
    there's nothing like bowling a 300 game! 13 now and retired.


    Ricky henderson has a higher OBP than C. patterson and he's retired. C. Trent 6-14-2008

  10. #204
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Amarillo,Texas
    Posts
    4,371

    Re: MLB '08 The Show PS3

    Quote Originally Posted by toledodan View Post
    i got connected tonight but didn't see any place that offerd me the rosters. any help would be great.
    SportsConnect is the place to download rosters. Enter your password, tell it you want to download the current roster once you leave, save a roster file, and there you go.

  11. #205
    GO XAVIER! toledodan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    overland park, kansas
    Posts
    2,003

    Re: MLB '08 The Show PS3

    Quote Originally Posted by AmarilloRed View Post
    SportsConnect is the place to download rosters. Enter your password, tell it you want to download the current roster once you leave, save a roster file, and there you go.

    thanks so much. didn't realize i had to log into sports connect as well after first entering off the menu. got my roster tonight and started my season.


    anyone else playing online have the game run slower than the action itself? it made it hard to play, had to quit after 2 innings.
    there's nothing like bowling a 300 game! 13 now and retired.


    Ricky henderson has a higher OBP than C. patterson and he's retired. C. Trent 6-14-2008

  12. #206
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,187

    Re: MLB '08 The Show PS3

    I had something weird happen to me with this game. I was just playing agianst the Rockies as the Reds at home. Bruce led of the home half of the first inning with a homer and then Kepp hit a grounder to SS. I was shocked to see the SS throw to second thinking that was a mistake only I make. Even more suprising was they called an out at second and the throw on to first got the double play... There should have been no one on first. They had Bruce on first. It still gave me the run, but it was weird. Has anyone had this happen before?

  13. #207
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Amarillo,Texas
    Posts
    4,371

    Re: MLB '08 The Show PS3

    Quote Originally Posted by SeeinRed View Post
    I had something weird happen to me with this game. I was just playing agianst the Rockies as the Reds at home. Bruce led of the home half of the first inning with a homer and then Kepp hit a grounder to SS. I was shocked to see the SS throw to second thinking that was a mistake only I make. Even more suprising was they called an out at second and the throw on to first got the double play... There should have been no one on first. They had Bruce on first. It still gave me the run, but it was weird. Has anyone had this happen before?
    I had something similar happen. Bruce hit a HR, scored the run, and then was shown to be on second when the next batter appeared. He scored again, and was crediting with scoring 2 runs on only one AB.

  14. #208
    Member The Baumer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,295

    Re: MLB '08 The Show PS3

    It's because BRUCE is omni-present in both the real and electronic world.

  15. #209
    Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Posts
    8,105

    Re: MLB '08 The Show PS3

    So far I have played about 7 seasons and every so often I see a "quirk". I have pitched a perfect game, 3 no hitters, about 10 one hitters and broke the consecutive game hitting streak at least once a season. Last season I played I broke the 56 game hitting streak TWICE. God I love this game. Funny thing is I have a new career in the White Sox system and I can not get called up. I am in AA hitting .556 200 for 360. 45 HR 112 RBI 106 SB 6 measley walks and I can not get a call to even AAA. I am ranked #1 in the organization AND the league. It's the first week of August in the season.
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

  16. #210
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,187

    Re: MLB '08 The Show PS3

    Quote Originally Posted by Team Clark View Post
    So far I have played about 7 seasons and every so often I see a "quirk". I have pitched a perfect game, 3 no hitters, about 10 one hitters and broke the consecutive game hitting streak at least once a season. Last season I played I broke the 56 game hitting streak TWICE. God I love this game. Funny thing is I have a new career in the White Sox system and I can not get called up. I am in AA hitting .556 200 for 360. 45 HR 112 RBI 106 SB 6 measley walks and I can not get a call to even AAA. I am ranked #1 in the organization AND the league. It's the first week of August in the season.

    Maybe your fictional player just doesn't have passion for the game like you do. Does he run out grounders? Is he scrappy enough? Maybe he spends too much time fishing or going out on the town. Thats why I always max out the passion stat. Everything else doesn't matter as much as long as he can play the game the right way. I wouldn't look for a trade either. You know the Blue Jays wouldn't even touch you. J. P. has done his homework.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25