Turn Off Ads?
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617 LastLast
Results 226 to 240 of 249

Thread: MLB '08 The Show PS3

  1. #226
    Senor Votto Degenerate39's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    7,917

    Re: MLB '08 The Show PS3

    When your trying to score from 3rd to home how do you pile drive the catcher?
    Most Vottomatic Player

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #227
    The Future GoReds33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    2,463

    Re: MLB '08 The Show PS3

    Quote Originally Posted by Degenerate39 View Post
    When your trying to score from 3rd to home how do you pile drive the catcher?
    I've had my players do it without giving any slide directions. I don't know if that's how you are supposed to do it though. Maybe there are certain things you can do to hit him harder, because the ball almost never comes out.

  4. #228
    Senor Votto Degenerate39's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    7,917

    Re: MLB '08 The Show PS3

    Quote Originally Posted by GoReds33 View Post
    I've had my players do it without giving any slide directions. I don't know if that's how you are supposed to do it though. Maybe there are certain things you can do to hit him harder, because the ball almost never comes out.
    No matter what I push my guy always slides
    Most Vottomatic Player

  5. #229
    The Future GoReds33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    2,463

    Re: MLB '08 The Show PS3

    Quote Originally Posted by Degenerate39 View Post
    No matter what I push my guy always slides
    Sometimes I just push L1 or R1, depending on which mode I'm in, and hold that down. Sometimes they hit the catcher, and sometimes they slide. Give that a try. I'm doing it on PS2, so depending on system, there might be a difference.

  6. #230
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    539

    Re: MLB '08 The Show PS3

    lol piledrive the catcher? do you know what a piledrive is?

  7. #231
    Senor Votto Degenerate39's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    7,917

    Re: MLB '08 The Show PS3

    Quote Originally Posted by Orodle View Post
    lol piledrive the catcher? do you know what a piledrive is?
    Yes and I was using it as an expression
    Most Vottomatic Player

  8. #232
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Amarillo,Texas
    Posts
    4,370

    Re: MLB '08 The Show PS3

    Something strange happened on the last roster update: It had Brad Salmon listed as a Reds reliever again.

  9. #233
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Amarillo,Texas
    Posts
    4,370

    Re: MLB '08 The Show PS3

    It just put out the last roster update; there were a number of omitted players. No Ramon Ramirez, Chris Dickerson, and I didn't see any of the young relievers. Norris Hopper was a starting outfielder, and Micah Owings was on the AA Diamondbacks roster. I hope all this will be fixed when MLB '09 comes out.

  10. #234
    Senor Votto Degenerate39's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    7,917

    Re: MLB '08 The Show PS3

    Quote Originally Posted by AmarilloRed View Post
    It just put out the last roster update; there were a number of omitted players. No Ramon Ramirez, Chris Dickerson, and I didn't see any of the young relievers. Norris Hopper was a starting outfielder, and Micah Owings was on the AA Diamondbacks roster. I hope all this will be fixed when MLB '09 comes out.
    I thought I saw Ramirez and Dickerson on the last roster update I had.
    Most Vottomatic Player

  11. #235
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Amarillo,Texas
    Posts
    4,370

    Re: MLB '08 The Show PS3

    I checked again last night, and most of the callups were there. Micah Owings had an A overall, he was the Reds second best pitcher. Ramon Ramirez was in AAA, and so was Josh Roenicke. I was surprised Roenicke only had a C in velocity. Chris Dickerson was there, but his ratings were lower than I had expected. I will be interested to see what changes are made for next year's game.

  12. #236
    Senor Votto Degenerate39's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    7,917

    Re: MLB '08 The Show PS3

    Quote Originally Posted by AmarilloRed View Post
    I checked again last night, and most of the callups were there. Micah Owings had an A overall, he was the Reds second best pitcher. Ramon Ramirez was in AAA, and so was Josh Roenicke. I was surprised Roenicke only had a C in velocity. Chris Dickerson was there, but his ratings were lower than I had expected. I will be interested to see what changes are made for next year's game.
    Doesn't Brandon Phillips have a D or a C in fielding though? Usually I just adjust the ratings to closer way
    Most Vottomatic Player

  13. #237
    Member Highlifeman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN
    Posts
    8,694

    Re: MLB '08 The Show PS3

    All I know is that negotiating a contract extension in the offseason is a joke.

    I hope they fix this in future versions.

    My RTTS SS has been OPSing North of 900, averaging 132 steals a year, and batting just shy of .400. Apparently that's only worth 1.2 million a year for 4 years?

  14. #238
    So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Hamilton,Ohio
    Posts
    3,850

    Re: MLB '08 The Show PS3

    Holy moly Highlife...that's like Rickey Henderson squared. What difficulty are you on?
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster


    "Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

  15. #239
    The Future GoReds33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    2,463

    Re: MLB '08 The Show PS3

    Quote Originally Posted by Highlifeman21 View Post
    All I know is that negotiating a contract extension in the offseason is a joke.

    I hope they fix this in future versions.

    My RTTS SS has been OPSing North of 900, averaging 132 steals a year, and batting just shy of .400. Apparently that's only worth 1.2 million a year for 4 years?
    Is he really young? If not, I have no idea why that happens. Usually on that game though, the younger, the cheaper.

  16. #240
    Member Highlifeman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN
    Posts
    8,694

    Re: MLB '08 The Show PS3

    Quote Originally Posted by BoydsOfSummer View Post
    Holy moly Highlife...that's like Rickey Henderson squared. What difficulty are you on?
    1 level below the highest difficulty

    My speed is maxed, my BR ability is maxed.

    My power sucks, and I can't bunt for anything, but my contact is decent, my vision/discipline/coverage is good.

    I think my D is good b/c of my speed.

    Just frustrating, it's the only "bug" I've found in RTTS.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25