Turn Off Ads?
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617

Thread: MLB '08 The Show PS3

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Re: MLB '08 The Show PS3

Quote Originally Posted by GoReds33 View Post
    Is he really young? If not, I have no idea why that happens. Usually on that game though, the younger, the cheaper.
    He's 24, with 5 full seasons of MLB experience.

Spent all of age 18 in the minors, came up for a September cup of coffee at age 19, and then made the Opening Day roster as the starting SS at age 20.

This is the 3rd time I've negotiated a contract, but after ridiculous numbers over 5 years, I figured I'd get paid....

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Senor Votto

Quote Originally Posted by Highlifeman21 View Post

Spent all of age 18 in the minors, came up for a September cup of coffee at age 19, and then made the Opening Day roster as the starting SS at age 20.

This is the 3rd time I've negotiated a contract, but after ridiculous numbers over 5 years, I figured I'd get paid....
    Most of the time my power hitters usually get paid pretty handsomely.

That's why I try to always go with short contracts, one to two years. I like those deals because you never know where there will be an opening in the offseason, and Spring training gives you another chance to pull in more points. 24 is young for the game. I think around 26-27, he'll start pulling in a payday. I know it's not realistic, but the rest of RTTS is great.

Quote Originally Posted by GoReds33 View Post
    That's why I try to always go with short contracts, one to two years. I like those deals because you never know where there will be an opening in the offseason, and Spring training gives you another chance to pull in more points. 24 is young for the game. I think around 26-27, he'll start pulling in a payday. I know it's not realistic, but the rest of RTTS is great.
    This is the 1st deal bigger than 2 years they've offered.

Prior to this, it'd been 1 and 2 year deals.

Has anyone found where other teams will give you offers for FA, or is it just the team you're playing for?

This is the 1st deal bigger than 2 years they've offered.

Prior to this, it'd been 1 and 2 year deals.

Has anyone found where other teams will give you offers for FA, or is it just the team you're playing for?
    The free agency is really unrealistic. I have gotten offers, but usually it's as a 28 year old All Star. It's really hard to find something I like. They only allow four offers, which is bad for me, as I usually have a team picked out.

Senor Votto

My right fielder is 25 years old and has an 8 year deal for 70 million with the Reds. I don't know how far into the contract I am though.

So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

I settle for under market just so I can remain a Red. Now that's loyalty my friends!

It's also not real money...heh...
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by BoydsOfSummer View Post
    I settle for under market just so I can remain a Red. Now that's loyalty my friends!

I did that with one of my 1st RTTS.

I was a SP, came up with the Reds until AAA, was traded to the Indians, pitched for them for a 5 year contract, and then went to the Reds as a Spring Training Invitee @ league minimum after winning 4 consecutive Cy Youngs, leading the league in Wins, ERA and Ks.

It was also a great way to get cheap points to plug into my attributes, since I had the entire ST to rack up points. The only problem with ST was that only twice did I go deeper than 4 IP, so I could have absolutely raked in the points if they allowed me to pitch CG, which I did regularly.

Senor Votto

Quote Originally Posted by BoydsOfSummer View Post

The Reds gave me the big contract I would've signed for less.

Turn Off Ads?