How much $ does a PS3 go for now?
    Mine was $500 but I have the 80 gig

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: MLB '08 The Show PS3

Quote Originally Posted by BearcatShane View Post
    How much $ does a PS3 go for now?
    $400 - 40 GB

$500 - 80 GB
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

I read on IGN.com last night that in "career mode" which, for those of you that aren't familiar, is when you create a player and control him through all levels of the minors trying to make it to the bigs, that they have added more subtle details. Before all you had to do was perform well at bat, in the field, etc...now they make you watch you coach to pick up when you are supposed to shift on defense, you have to cover the bag on your own if you play infield, and at bat you even have to memorize your 3rd base coaches signs so you know what play is on!
    Benzinger backing and calling! And the 1990 world championship series belongs to the Cincinnati Reds!

WOW Tommy!!

That's wild.

Will The Show have online play? We should do a RedsZone league or something.

Senor Votto

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    WOW Tommy!!

That's wild.

That would be awesome I'd definitely be interested in that. I figure I'll be playing career mode nonstop when I first get the game. I'm really excited for this game and a Redszone league would make online play alot better.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommyjohn25 View Post
    I read on IGN.com last night that in "career mode" which, for those of you that aren't familiar, is when you create a player and control him through all levels of the minors trying to make it to the bigs, that they have added more subtle details. Before all you had to do was perform well at bat, in the field, etc...now they make you watch you coach to pick up when you are supposed to shift on defense, you have to cover the bag on your own if you play infield, and at bat you even have to memorize your 3rd base coaches signs so you know what play is on!
    Wow. I think that just sealed the deal for me.

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    WOW Tommy!!

That's wild.

It appears that it will have online play from what I gather. A Redszone league would be amazingly cool!! Fantastic idea!
    Benzinger backing and calling! And the 1990 world championship series belongs to the Cincinnati Reds!

Quote Originally Posted by paintmered View Post
    Wow. I think that just sealed the deal for me.
    Yeah dude. This game could very well keep me pacified right up to Opening Day once it comes out. It's truly amazing how far video games have come.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommyjohn25 View Post
    It appears that it will have online play from what I gather. A Redszone league would be amazingly cool!! Fantastic idea!
    Only problem is everyone will wanna be the Reds! I hate to see the Red's lose even when it's the Reds beating them.

But it would be better than having to play with the Yankees and Red Sox all the time just to be able to compete. Almost everyone you play against online has to be one of those 2.

I did beat one guy who was using the Yankees, with the Twins last year. I love playing on that turf especially when you have Johan on the hill.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigLebowski View Post
    I have a PS3 and a Wii. If you've never played a Wii before, you'd understand why it's so easy to sacrifice graphics for playability. Playing baseball on a Wii is extraordinarily fun. I'll probably buy this game for the Wii and do the EA version on the PS3.
    I've got a MLB Power Pros for the Wii and I love it. The graphics are very cartoony but don't it fool you. The depth of the game is amazing and the gameplay is very solid.

Quote Originally Posted by paintmered View Post
    $400 - 40 GB

$500 - 80 GB
    Guy at gamestop told me the 80 was being discontinued, and they were releasing a 120 soon. He didn't have a price
    In those things which we commit to practice we can master, and with mastery we have the freedom to use these skills whenever we desire, without this practice we are slaves to our inability.

I was very disappointed in career mode for The Show 07 on my PS2. I'd be an all-star one year and not make the team out of spring training the next. Plus, it was weird being a pitcher and having control over my hitters and defenders. Also, the whole unrealistic financial aspect really disappoint me. I wish it followed the arb system and used real salary numbers.

I'm considering buying a PS3 (have a Wii), but don't want to do it and be disappointed by simply getting prettier versions of my PS2 games. Thinking maybe I'll just do Power Pros instead.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Quote Originally Posted by pahster View Post
    I miss High Heat.

i still play high heat. i just update my roster through pudge's web site every year.
    there's nothing like bowling a 300 game! 13 now and retired.

Ricky henderson has a higher OBP than C. patterson and he's retired. C. Trent 6-14-2008

Quote Originally Posted by toledodan View Post
    i still play high heat. i just update my roster through pudge's web site every year.
    High Heat on the computer? What version and what website?

Please delete.

Turn Off Ads?