Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: MLB '08 The Show PS3

Re: MLB '08 The Show PS3

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    I was thumbing through Playstation Magazine at Target while my wife was grocery shopping or doing whatever it is she does and they list GTA's release date as next Tuesday(3/11). It may be about time.

I don't know. I'm not sure if I could go back to playing video games that aren't in HD.
    I don't have a HD TV now. I may get one this Christmas.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by toledodan View Post
    i still play high heat.
    Same here. HH2k2 with all the mods. My franchise is in 2018.
    Makes all the routine posts.

Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AmarilloRed View Post
    I don't have a HD TV now. I may get one this Christmas.
    You will not regret it. I started playing games on my 360 in HD and was blown away.

I heard that MLB2K8 for the 360 is extremely buggy and not worth getting though. I know this isn't the thread for it exactly, but it's a baseball game thread. Can anyone confirm this?

Quote Originally Posted by HumnHilghtFreel View Post
    You will not regret it. I started playing games on my 360 in HD and was blown away.

I heard that MLB2K8 for the 360 is extremely buggy and not worth getting though. I know this isn't the thread for it exactly, but it's a baseball game thread. Can anyone confirm this?
    Yes, it is buggy out of the box but there are ways to get it around it.

I own it on the 360 and I think it is a good game. Not a great game, but a good game.

I'm toolsy.

Ratings from IGN.com (based on playing both games on PS3):

MLB: The Show 08 - 8.7

MLB 2K8 - 7.5

I picked up The Show on Tuesday and haven't been dissappointed. As an added bonus, it also comes with a coupon for a free cap of your favorite team from New Era. They aren't the best looking hats ever, but they are free!!

Got 2k8 today, free Jose Reyes bobblehead!

Senor Votto

Quote Originally Posted by FutureRedsGM View Post
    Ratings from IGN.com (based on playing both games on PS3):

MLB: The Show 08 - 8.7

MLB 2K8 - 7.5

I picked up The Show on Tuesday and haven't been dissappointed. As an added bonus, it also comes with a coupon for a free cap of your favorite team from New Era. They aren't the best looking hats ever, but they are free!!
    Until you have to pay the 20 dollar shipping and handling fee.

So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

I ended up getting a PS3 and The Show. It's an awesome game so far, the best baseball game I've ever played. The RTTS is addicting as hell. I'll take any pointers on RTTS I can get. This game will finally make me buy the HD TV I've been putting off.

This game will end up boosting the economy way more than Bush's refund check. :
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

Senor Votto

Quote Originally Posted by BoydsOfSummer View Post
    I ended up getting a PS3 and The Show. It's an awesome game so far, the best baseball game I've ever played. The RTTS is addicting as hell. I'll take any pointers on RTTS I can get. This game will finally make me buy the HD TV I've been putting off.

This game will end up boosting the economy way more than Bush's refund check. :
    I can't stop playing RTTS. I'm having a hard time with it though. I really wish they would quit making me waste points on bunting though. As a power hitter I don't need to bunt when I can hit home runs and get the chicks. We all know chicks dig the long ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Degenerate39 View Post
    Nope Always be totally free. Nice high quality, not your typical booster type hat, but they're pretty good. I've got 3 of them over the years.
    In those things which we commit to practice we can master, and with mastery we have the freedom to use these skills whenever we desire, without this practice we are slaves to our inability.

I'm toolsy.

Quote Originally Posted by Degenerate39 View Post
    There is no shipping and handling fee. It's completely free.

I remember a few years back they gave you really nice hats. Last year's was pretty bad though.
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

Senor Votto

Quote Originally Posted by RedsFan75 View Post
    Nope Always be totally free. Nice high quality, not your typical booster type hat, but they're pretty good. I've got 3 of them over the years.
    Quote Originally Posted by FutureRedsGM View Post
    There is no shipping and handling fee. It's completely free.
    My mistake I thought I read on the back of that card that shipping and handling was 20 bucks. Guess I misread it.

Maybe someone can answer this easier than I can find it, but why is MLB "The Show" only made for PS?? I have a 360 and I'm not so happy about it...

I really revamped the Reds in mlb 2k8. This is my roster at the start of '09

C- Soto
    1B- Adrian Gonzalez ( Votto backup - he's not developing..)
    2B- Hairston jr (forgive me!)
    SS- Durham
    3B - Atkins
    LF - Bruce
    CF - Maybin
    RF - Hart

Pitchers:
    Gallardo
    David Price
    Homer Bailey
    Volquez
    Buccholz