Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: MLB '08 The Show PS3

Re: MLB '08 The Show PS3

Quote Originally Posted by fearofpopvol1 View Post
    Maybe someone can answer this easier than I can find it, but why is MLB "The Show" only made for PS?? I have a 360 and I'm not so happy about it...
    The Show is made by Sony.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by NorrisHopper30 View Post
    I really revamped the Reds in mlb 2k8. This is my roster at the start of '09

C- Soto
    1B- Adrian Gonzalez ( Votto backup - he's not developing..)
    2B- Hairston jr (forgive me!)
    SS- Durham
    3B - Atkins
    LF - Bruce
    CF - Maybin
    RF - Hart

Pitchers:
    Gallardo
    David Price
    Homer Bailey
    Volquez
    Buccholz
    IMO, that team's not better than this year's team. Gonzalezz is the heart of your offense, depending on how Bruce and Maybin develop. The pitchers are good and young. How have they developed so far?
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

Here's my 2008 Reds roster on the Show:

Lineup:

CF Jay Bruce
    2B Brandon Phillips
    RF Ken Griffey Jr.
    LF Adam Dunn
    3B Edwin Encarnacion
    1B Joey Votto
    SS Jeff Keppinger
    C Javy Valentin/David Ross

Bench:

1B Scott Hatteberg
    OF Ryan Freel
    OF Norris Hopper
    SS Alex Gonzalez
    C Javy Valentin/David Ross

Rotation:

RHP Aaron Harang
    RHP Bronson Arroyo
    RHP Johnny Cueto
    RHP Edinson Volquez
    RHP Homer Bailey

Bullpen:

RHP Matt Belisle
    RHP Marcus McBeth
    LHP Jeremy Affeldt
    RHP Josh Roenicke
    LHP Bill Bray
    RHP Jared Burton
    RHP Francisco Cordero

So far I am 7-6.

Bruce, Cueto, and Roenicke are in the show? I thought that they didn't put the youngsters in the game. Last year Bailey wasn't on it.

If you don't mind, can you give me some of the ratings of the youngsters? Thanks.
    If you can't build a winning team with that core a fire-sale isn't the solution. Selling the franchise, moving them to Nashville and converting GABP into a used car lot is.
    -LTlabner

Maybe someone can answer this easier than I can find it, but why is MLB "The Show" only made for PS?? I have a 360 and I'm not so happy about it...
    The MLB signed an exclusive deal with 2KSports to be the only 3rd party distributer for MLB sports. So the only folks who can produce a baseball video game is 1st party manufactuers IE Sony or 2kSports.

It was 2k's answer to EA Sports Madden Deal.
    In those things which we commit to practice we can master, and with mastery we have the freedom to use these skills whenever we desire, without this practice we are slaves to our inability.

I went to my local Best Buy yesterday to buy a PS3 and this game. They had about 100 PS3 in stock but no game. Lots of games for my Wii though... It will be interesting to see if PS3 system sales pickup with the Blue-Ray format win. That sealed the deal for me.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsFan75 View Post
    The MLB signed an exclusive deal with 2KSports to be the only 3rd party distributer for MLB sports. So the only folks who can produce a baseball video game is 1st party manufactuers IE Sony or 2kSports.

It was 2k's answer to EA Sports Madden Deal.
    It seems kind of illogical though only because you can buy Madden for any platform whereas the Show you can only buy for Sony. Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by GoReds33 View Post
    Bruce, Cueto, and Roenicke are in the show? I thought that they didn't put the youngsters in the game. Last year Bailey wasn't on it.

If you don't mind, can you give me some of the ratings of the youngsters? Thanks.
    Sorry, I should have clarified that I created Bruce, Cueto, and Roenicke.

So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

The Ump is squeezing me, and my 3b can't catch a ball without a butterfly net! But I've added a 4th pitch- a cutter- and it's developing nicely.

I love RTTS! I think I'll start a second one as a catcher...
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

It seems kind of illogical though only because you can buy Madden for any platform whereas the Show you can only buy for Sony. Ugh.
    True, but the Madden deal eliminated NFL gaming competition from 2K sports for all platforms, and the 2k deal eliminated EA Sports MVP baseball. Thankfully unlike the NFL deal this deal allowed 1st parties to keep making theirs, so Sony stayed in the game.
    In those things which we commit to practice we can master, and with mastery we have the freedom to use these skills whenever we desire, without this practice we are slaves to our inability.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsFan75 View Post
    True, but the Madden deal eliminated NFL gaming competition from 2K sports for all platforms, and the 2k deal eliminated EA Sports MVP baseball. Thankfully unlike the NFL deal this deal allowed 1st parties to keep making theirs, so Sony stayed in the game.
    Stupid companies.

I get why Sony won't manufacture the Show for Xbox, but they could make a lot of money by making it available to the other platforms. I'm not convinced that "The Show" is an elite enough game that someone would buy a PS3 just so they could play it. I could be wrong and I'm sure it doesn't hurt someone that is on the fence.

Quote Originally Posted by GoReds33 View Post
    IMO, that team's not better than this year's team. Gonzalezz is the heart of your offense, depending on how Bruce and Maybin develop. The pitchers are good and young. How have they developed so far?
    Adrian Gonzalez hit 50 homers in '09 and Atkins had 140rbi. Bruce and Maybin are both 83 overall at age 22.

All of the pitchers are developing well and I signed Harden 94 overall over the offseason which moves Volquez to the bullpen. Gallardo is 90 overall already and Price/Bucholz and Bailey are ~82.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    Thanks. That's what I usually do. I just thought it might be different this year.
    -LTlabner

You're being very UnDude. sonny's Avatar

The Show rates Bailey as a B prospect. Are the makers RedZone members?
    Witty signature.

Senor Votto

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    What kind of attributes did you give Bruce and Cueto?

Turn Off Ads?