Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Super Bowl predictions

Re: Super Bowl predictions

The Patriots are going into this game to blow the Giants out. If they can, they'll run the score up.

I think it will be a tight game. I don't think that 38-35 N.E. win over the Giants was a fluke.

The Giants are going to have to be able to run the ball in order to limit Brady & Co. from being on the field too much. If they can't, then Brady, like the previous meeting, could shred the Giant's secondary. But the Giants have the ability to create pressure with their four-man rush while dropping seven on the back end in coverage. I give the Giants the edge on the defensive line. If they can do this, as they have in the previous two play-off games, then they have a chance.

The Giants will move the ball on the Pat's defense IMO.

38-30 Patriots
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

2. Turn Off Ads?

Giants 31, Patriots 28
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    ~ Mark Twain

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Patriots 28 Giants 10
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

I think it would be awesome to see how many years in a row a Manning can win the Super Bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    I think it would be awesome to see how many years in a row a Manning can win the Super Bowl.
    Cooper's turn next year?
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    I predict I wont watch the game because of my total disdain for all things Patriot.

Better not say that. You never know who may be reading this board.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

42-10, Patriots.

I'd like to say the Giants will win. I like their defense, their running game, and the way Manning has played lately. Plus I like their 60's style uniforms (get off my lawn).

But give Belichick 2 weeks to prepare for a team and he will bamboozle them offensively and defensively. There is no way they'll single-cover Burris like the Packers did. They'll take away Burris (like how they took away Chad and TJ when they played the Bengals) and they'll take away the Giants running game and make Manning beat them. At which time he'll revert to his previous level of play.

And I don't think any NFL defense can stop Brady and the Pats offense. They have too many weapons and are excellent at making in-game changes to what the defense is doing. If Coughlin's offense can stay one tactical step ahead of Belichick's defense, they have a shot. But I think that is unlikely.

Pay attention to the open sky

Pats 37-21. They aren't going to let history slip through their fingers. Unless Brady really is hurt I don't think it will be a close game.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

I may be one but I wasn't that impressed with Eli against the Packers. I think the Packers made a mistake without rolling over help to Harris because all Eli and Burress were just throwing the ball up or to the outside shoulder. I still don't see Eli making the difficult throw or becoming a true leader. He still looks dopey out there on the field. I don't see the Pats allowing Eli and Burress to do what they did against the Pack. I also see Eli making mistakes and then seing the mistakes snowball from there. Remember Rex Grossman was the starting QB in the Super Bowl last season. I think it could be a good game but if the Pats get up by more than 10 points I don't see the Giants being able to come back.

Unfortunatly I see the pack winning 37-21.

8-6 G-men.

No touchdowns, all field goals or the one safety. In the 4th with the pats down 3 Brady is called for intentional grounding in the end zone and a safety is called. As the game ends Eli is picked off by Rodney Harrison who is horse collared by Plaxico Burress at the Giants 41 as time expires. The game can't end on a defensive penalty, even one committed by an offensive player, so Pats line up for a game winning field goal, only to see the snap botched. Kelly Washignton ends up with the loose ball and runs ahead for a 12 yard gain and he spikes the ball and does the squirrel as the final gun sounds, content in having made a first down in the Super Bowl.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Cincinnati Bengals - None
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

Giants by 30

70-40 for exact score

Unfortunatly I see the pack winning 37-21.[/QUOTE]

Copycat!
    Reds Fan Since 1971

I think the Giants will keep it close for a half then the Patriots pull away and win it easily in the 2nd half.

Patriots 38-17.

I predict people will be talking more about the commercials the next day than they will be talking about the game.
    Unfortunately, also like in recent years, the commercials will also prove to be rather lame.

The Patriots will probably wipe the floor with the Giants so I'll say the Pats win by 24 points
    Most Vottomatic Player

Turn Off Ads?