Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: The Rich Rodriguez Divorce(Hats off to Mark Schlabach)

Re: The Rich Rodriguez Divorce(Hats off to Mark Schlabach)

Quote Originally Posted by WVPacman View Post
    There is no way in the world that all the WVU fans will like him again after all the crap he has pulled with us.I don't hate nobody but I strongly dislike the guy and my feelings will never change.He is the biggest scumbag iin football and that will never change. The whole state of West Virginia is exstatic that this whole thing is over with and we are glad that the scumbag is out of our lives FOREVER.Thank you Michigan,you wanted him and now you got him so he is your problem now.
    Talk to me in ten years. Most of the people in the state wanted Terry Bowden to take the job because his dad was the coach here once upon a time. Granted, the Bobby Bowden divorce was nothing like Rodriguez and was semi-expected, but Rodriguez is a native West Virginia, and once he wins a national title at Michigan, people will forget everything that happened.

I am not a WVU fan(originally from Kentucky), but it does give me a chance to sit back and watch how fickle some of the fans are here in the state. You have some who claim that Rodriguez threw the Pitt game because he knew ahead of time he was taking the Michigan job and didn't care.

I made the comment to people here at work, school, church, wherever the week of the Pitt game not to overlook Pitt. Fans were already booking hotel rooms to New Orleans for the championship game. One person even made the comment that "Coach Rodriguez would never let the players overlook Pitt". Needless to say, almost 48 hours later, I felt like a prophet.

I really believe though that Ken Kendrick should stay out of all matters involving WVU however. He was the one who insisted on the 4 million buyout clause and thoroughly criticized the hiring of Bill Stewart. Unfortunately he is a major booster for the program, but he is really taking opportunities to throw the university under the bus.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

2. Turn Off Ads?

What you say is true. Of course, most of the people who hung Bobby in effigy are long gone from the scene. That was 32 years ago.

Cockiness goes right along with fandom for some reason, and I've never liked that aspect of famdom. WVU had a nice year, and that's all that matters.

As for Rodriguez, I'm glad that's over. It would be nice to concentrate on baseball in the summer. I quit following pro football long ago and I'm just about through with college, too. Like XM Radio, I'm pretty much into baseball 24/7 these days.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRedleg View Post
    I think Miles will be coaching there within 5 years.

Without December 1st, none of this would be happening right now.
    Somewhere else I predicted RR would only last for 3 years (specifically), but it looks like I'll be right on here.

Turn Off Ads?