Ever since I was a teenager (20+ yrs ago) I would get myself through the agonizing days leading up to the start of spring training by writing down predictions for the coming year.
So here goes the 2008 version of fun predictions. What if...
1. Griffey is spurred on by the emergence of Jay Bruce and his possible last as a Red and delivers his best season since 2000.
2. Votto surprises by outhitting Bruce in their rookie seasons
3. Keppinger platoons at 1b and forces his way into the lineup elsewhere proving last year was not a fluke. Hopper does the same in center. Both hit over .300 again.
4. Volquez makes everyone forget about Josh Hamilton
5. Belisle makes everyone stop talking about the need to find a #3 starter
6. Bray makes everyone stop talking about how bad the Trade was and combines with Burton and Cordero to make every game a 7 inning contest.
7. Bailey and Cueto make everyone forget about the pros and cons of trading for Bedard.
8. By the 2nd half, the Reds have the best rotation in the central and chase down the Cubs for a neck and neck race for 1st place.