Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: New Season of LOST

High five!

Re: New Season of LOST

Quote Originally Posted by Red Heeler View Post
    There is a whole physics problem at work here, too. You cannot fill an air-tight chamber with water from a hole in the side of the chamber. There will always be a bubble of air at the top.
    Was the window (porthole) even large enough for Charlie to swim through?

2. Turn Off Ads?

If the island has these healing powers then all the other people that have been shot would've healed miraculously.
    "Whatever you choose, however many roads you travel, I hope that you choose not to be a lady. I hope you will find some way to break the rules and make a little trouble out there. And I also hope that you will choose to make some of that trouble on behalf of women." - Nora Ephron

Quote Originally Posted by TeamCasey View Post
    If the island has these healing powers then all the other people that have been shot would've healed miraculously.
    Depends if they got hit in critical organs.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Also, Locke is more in touch with the island than anyone else, except maybe Jacob.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamCasey View Post
    Like in Wrath of Khan/Search for Spock. The Genesis planet could reanimate life that had ceased elsewhere, but not life that ended on the surface of the Genesis planet itself.

The island is the Genesis planet.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Guys, guys. This isn't a logical show where they're trying to convince you of reality. this show is very much about the supernatural, which is why I don't question things like what happened to Locke. You have to accept this show for what it is.... something mysterious with a Sci-fi bent to it.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    Guys, guys. This isn't a logical show where they're trying to convince you of reality. this show is very much about the supernatural, which is why I don't question things like what happened to Locke. You have to accept this show for what it is.... something mysterious with a Sci-fi bent to it.
    However, even in Sci-fi they at least try to create logical explanations for things. You want a certain amount of believability that makes the surreal seem possible. Otherwise it's just a cartoon. I never thought anything about Locke being able to survive other than the shot wasn't an instant kill, so that he was able to survive long enough for the island to heal him. Others, like Shannon, Ana Lucia, and Hurley's girlfriend must have just had the misfortune of getting hit somewhere where they bled out before the island could heal them. And then there's Tom and some of the others, who probably took shots to the head or something because we didn't really see them get shot.

I'm really fascinated to know the secret of the smoke monster, personally.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Remember the mystery of the children? Children are never ever discussed anymore. The last mention of them was the polar bear cave episode with Locke and Ecko.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    Remember the mystery of the children? Children are never ever discussed anymore. The last mention of them was the polar bear cave episode with Locke and Ecko.
    I think this might be discussed at a little more length this season if seeing Walt at the end of season 3 is a hint that he will be back.

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    The writers have said there is a scientific explanation for everything that happens on the show. However, I'm just not seeing it.

Well they need children for thier civilization to survive because the women die if they have children. I'm pretty sure that's your explanation.

The kids from the plane have shown up a couple times more recently than that I believe.

Yeah, I don't buy the scientific explanations. It's a mystical show.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Being a mystical show doesn't do away with the need for an inner consistency. I'm still trusting them to pull everything together by the end.

I have to admit, though, that I'm not crazy about the flash-forwards. I keep thinking (hoping) that something will happen on the island that will call the revealed future into doubt.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

Quote Originally Posted by nate View Post
    Was the window (porthole) even large enough for Charlie to swim through?
    He is a hobbit, dude.

:

Turn Off Ads?