Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: New Season of LOST

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

New Season of LOST

thought I'd start a new thread for the new season.

Excited?

Re: New Season of LOST

Typical reintroduction flashback show right now, but will be quite helpful.
    I'm somewhat excited, but am quite disappointed in that there are eight (I think) episodes available for the entire season.

Does anyone know if the second hour is going to be a new episode?

Quote Originally Posted by CTA513 View Post
    Does anyone know if the second hour is going to be a new episode?
    The description of the episode indicates it will be new - and since the flashback show they are showing right now is nearing the end, I have a strong feeling that is correct.

I thought it was a good start to the season

Some good, some bad, really just frustrating.

I wonder if the writer's strike will make this season feel like it needs tweaks. For example, Naomi crawls off and somehow with a horrible stab wound has time to wander around the jungle making two sets of tracks without anyone noticing. Climbing a tree, ambushing Kate, out wrestling Kate, and after taking the batteries out of her phone and shaking it(just kidding), makes a phone call, and then just dies.

I was left wanting at the end of the show, not more, just better.

The stupid advertising that went on during Eli Stone just made me mad.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

I loved it. The thing where Naomi just dropped dead did make me laugh though.

I kind of like the mini-war going on between Locke and Jack. It was also weird to get used to the flash forward again instead of the flash back

http://www.flyoceanicair.com/ the video that plays... intriguing

http://www.find815.com/site/index.php
    Last edited by HumnHilghtFreel; 02-01-2008 at 09:27 AM.

I'm fighting a bit of frustration. The new "flash-forward" story line will take some getting used to. I was having enough trouble trying to figure out the old mysteries without having to shift over to what happened between the island and the future. It's a little like they've begun a whole new story line emphasis and turning their back on the old mysteries. I'm guessing it will all come full-circle, though.

I still believe there's a "time-loop" thing going on and the forward stuff we're seeing is an alternative future.

I'm not sure if its frustration, but things are getting murkier and murkier. The new episodes "flashback" in the flash forward (when Jack stops in to see Hurley - that's taking place before the season ending flash forward.

Hurley said "I'm one of the Oceanic Six" - six????? Yikes, so what happened to everyone else? Who are the other three? Jack, Hurley & Kate have been seen thus far - remember the Charlie we saw said he was dead. Is Hurley the one mentioned in the news clipping? I'm thinking not because I don't think the casket was large enough, but maybe not.

When did Hurley come back after following Locke?

Who put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp ?

Questions galore!
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

Quote Originally Posted by redsmetz View Post
    I'm not sure if its frustration, but things are getting murkier and murkier. The new episodes "flashback" in the flash forward (when Jack stops in to see Hurley - that's taking place before the season ending flash forward.

Hurley said "I'm one of the Oceanic Six" - six????? Yikes, so what happened to everyone else? Who are the other three? Jack, Hurley & Kate have been seen thus far - remember the Charlie we saw said he was dead. Is Hurley the one mentioned in the news clipping? I'm thinking not because I don't think the casket was large enough, but maybe not.

When did Hurley come back after following Locke?

Who put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp ?

Questions galore!
    Here's my wild guess. There are only "six" Oceanic survivors because only six of them were able to actually get off the island. My feeling is that many of the other survivors are still alive, but on the island. For some reason, the "six" have decided not to tell the rest of the world about the island and the other survivors on it. Hurley seems to be having troubles because of his "visions." He had this problem before with "Dave." Now his visions manifest themselves as the Oceanic "lawyer" and Charlie, who both seem to be acting as his conscience. They want him to do something that Jack and the other members of the "six" agreed not to do. I suspect that Jack's problems with alcohol and drugs arise from his own pangs of conscience about the fate of the rest of the survivors.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

I think there were 6 but now only 5 because one was the one that had the funeral that Jack went to...not sure though

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    Here's my wild guess. There are only "six" Oceanic survivors because only six of them were able to actually get off the island. My feeling is that many of the other survivors are still alive, but on the island. For some reason, the "six" have decided not to tell the rest of the world about the island and the other survivors on it. Hurley seems to be having troubles because of his "visions." He had this problem before with "Dave." Now his visions manifest themselves as the Oceanic "lawyer" and Charlie, who both seem to be acting as his conscience. They want him to do something that Jack and the other members of the "six" agreed not to do. I suspect that Jack's problems with alcohol and drugs arise from his own pangs of conscience about the fate of the rest of the survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by stevekun View Post
    I think there were 6 but now only 5 because one was the one that had the funeral that Jack went to...not sure though
    The "flash forward" with the funeral occurs after the flash forward with Hurley's high speed chase, so I think there are still 6. I'm thinking the guy in the casket is starting to look more and more like Locke. It makes sense that no one would come to his funeral and that, with so many issues already coming up between Jack and Locke, it would make sense that Jack would refer to him as neither family nor friend. What really intrigues me is that Hurley considered it a mistake to have gone with Locke, when they seem to be trying pretty hard to make the people on the boat seem like another kind of evil. Apparently future Hurley doesn't believe that staying with Jack to meet with the people on the boat is as bad as listening to Locke and Ben.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    The "Lawyer" was real not imagined.

Now the real question becomes is the guy that Hurley talks to and plays Connect Four with, real or the new Dave? Remember he saw Charlie first.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    The "Lawyer" was real not imagined.

Now the real question becomes is the guy that Hurley talks to and plays Connect Four with, real or the new Dave? Remember he saw Charlie first.
    The "lawyer" may have been real, but what he whispered to Hurley could have been imagined. When I first saw him, I immediately thought of the Haitian from "Heroes."

I still don't understand why Charlie couldn't have swimmed through the window and not die.

Turn Off Ads?