Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Laptop Air Card

RotoHester

Laptop Air Card

I am in the market for an Air Card. Any suggestions? What's the best one? What's the best plan? I'm assuming the unlimited usage is the best way to go. Who has the best coverage?

Any help would be wonderful!!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Laptop Air Card

Quote Originally Posted by wojo1025 View Post
    I am in the market for an Air Card. Any suggestions? What's the best one? What's the best plan? I'm assuming the unlimited usage is the best way to go. Who has the best coverage?

Any help would be wonderful!!
    I am currently using a Verizon USB720 here at my work and it works like a charm. It's worked every time I've fired it up and it is quite fast imo. It is much faster than dial up and to me it's not that much slower than my wireless router at home.

The rate I have is $59.99/month for 5000 MB of service. You can get a 50 MB for $39.99 but it's pretty much pointless unless you only get on for like 30 minutes per day.

Just an example: I have used my card for 22 hours total and used 174 MB in about 3 weeks. At no point will I ever get close to 5000 MB. I usually just surf common internet sites and play poker on line with Pokerstars.

I work 3rd shift at a hospital and this wireless card has helped me kill the boring hours quite nicely.

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

I have Sprint. The card is the Ovation U727. The speed is decent and I've gone all over the country and had a signal. I like this one because it has a built in GPS receiver that works with most mapping software. I'm paying $60 a month.

Quote Originally Posted by OldRightHander View Post
    I have Sprint. The card is the Ovation U727. The speed is decent and I've gone all over the country and had a signal. I like this one because it has a built in GPS receiver that works with most mapping software. I'm paying $60 a month.

I assume with the 60$ plan thats the unlimited bandwith to do whatever with?
    "For every moment of triumph, for every instance of beauty, many souls must be trampled."
    -Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodave View Post
    I assume with the 60$ plan thats the unlimited bandwith to do whatever with?
    Yep. I pretty much need unlimited since when I'm not driving I'm online constantly looking for loads. Heck, the computer is online just about 24/7.

RotoHester

So the Sprint one is good? The Verizon one scares me because of the limited usage. I will be using it for work and would hate to get an 'overage' charge

Quote Originally Posted by wojo1025 View Post
    So the Sprint one is good? The Verizon one scares me because of the limited usage. I will be using it for work and would hate to get an 'overage' charge
    I've had Sprint for two months and haven't had an extra charge yet.

Turn Off Ads?