Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 54 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: Hoosier Hoops

Hoosier Hoops

Is it me or do Sampson's boy look a little out of synch the last couple of games? The offense has been nothing but one pass and make a one-on-one move. That works against lesser teams but it sure won't work against the better teams as we've seen this week.

Tell me Hoosier fans, is it time to worry a bit or is this just a bump in the road?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Hoosier Hoops

Nope. My Badgers are just that good on defense.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsManRick View Post
    Nope. My Badgers are just that good on defense.
    Are the Huskies stud defenders too?

The Badgers do make everyone look bad offensively but the style of play is what is bothering me. They looked the same against UCONN. No motion, no offense, just take it to the hole or put up a perimeter shot from 25 feet after one pass.

Quote Originally Posted by BRM View Post
    Is it me or do Sampson's boy look a little out of synch the last couple of games? The offense has been nothing but one pass and make a one-on-one move. That works against lesser teams but it sure won't work against the better teams as we've seen this week.

Tell me Hoosier fans, is it time to worry a bit or is this just a bump in the road?
    Yeah they haven't been in sync on offense all season. It's just that they played such a crappy non conference schedule that it wasn't as obvious. The Hoosiers have guys with the athletic ability to expose weaknesses in even good teams, but it's like no one has any idea what the other player is doing on offense. It seems like a bunch of good players who just met and are playing a pick up game.

The Badgers are a pretty good team, but with the talent IU has there is no way they should lose to them, and they especially shouldn't have lost to UConn. I think DJ is the only player on the team that boxes out. And I wouldn't be upset if fat boy didn't play another game the rest of the season. Man he is lazy.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    Yeah they haven't been in sync on offense all season. It's just that they played such a crappy non conference schedule that it wasn't as obvious. The Hoosiers have guys with the athletic ability to expose weaknesses in even good teams, but it's like no one has any idea what the other player is doing on offense. It seems like a bunch of good players who just met and are playing a pick up game.

The Badgers are a pretty good team, but with the talent IU has there is no way they should lose to them, and they especially shouldn't have lost to UConn. I think DJ is the only player on the team that boxes out. And I wouldn't be upset if fat boy didn't play another game the rest of the season. Man he is lazy.
    It does seem that way. It's not much different from the Mike Davis days as far as the offense goes. The results are different in the win column now thanks to Eric Gordon's arrival and DJ White's "coming of age". I do give Sampson credit for getting DJ White to man up this season though. They are still a "playground" team for the most part.

DeAndre Thomas has been pathetic, no argument here on that one. The Hoosiers have no inside presence besides DJ. Mike White and DeAndre Thomas just aren't cutting it and Stemler is more of a perimeter player.

Crawford never saw a shot he didn't like.

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    Crawford never saw a shot he didn't like.
    No kidding. No one on the team takes more bad shots than Jordan Crawford.

I hate to say this but watching Kelvin Sampson's idea of offense makes me pine for the Mike Davis teams. Kelvin Sampson was one of the few coaches Mike D outcoached.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Quote Originally Posted by BRM View Post
    No kidding. No one on the team takes more bad shots than Jordan Crawford.
    Eric Gordon says Hello.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    Eric Gordon says Hello.
    Main difference being Gordon actually makes some of his.

I hate to say this but watching Kelvin Sampson's idea of offense makes me pine for the Mike Davis teams. Kelvin Sampson was one of the few coaches Mike D outcoached.
    As much as I don't like Kelvin Sampson, he doesn't deserve that sort of disrespect, no one does.

Did anyone see what Chester Frazier did to Gordon before the game the other night? How did Bruce Webber even allow him to play the game? A decent coach sits him for a stunt like that. The Univ. of Illinois issued somewhat of an apology on Friday but didn't even mention Frazier's incident.

Illinois Statement on Fan Behavior

From Illinois Director of Athletics Ron Guenther and Basketball Coach Bruce Weber

Feb. 8, 2008

Champaign, Ill. - "There was a great college basketball game played Thursday night between the University of Illinois and Indiana University, but the game has been somewhat diminished by inappropriate behavior by a number of fans in attendance. We value the enthusiastic support of the sellout crowds at the Assembly Hall, but above all we take very seriously the reputation of our basketball program and the University of Illinois. The profanity and behavior by a small segment of fans Thursday night is disappointing and intolerable, and for that we apologize to fans of both teams."
    I don't even really care about what the fans did, North Carolina fans treated JJ Redick much worse than Illinois fans treated Gordon the other night, but I never saw UNC apologize for it.
    Last edited by Razor Shines; 02-09-2008 at 10:40 PM.

Bilas made it sound like this pre-game "bumping" has somehow become accepted by those around the game. I couldn't tell if it was done in a joking/friendly way or if there was real malice behind it... Gordon seemed very surprised by it...

Illinois Statement on Fan Behavior

From Illinois Director of Athletics Ron Guenther and Basketball Coach Bruce Weber

Feb. 8, 2008

Champaign, Ill. - "There was a great college basketball game played Thursday night between the University of Illinois and Indiana University, but the game has been somewhat diminished by inappropriate behavior by a number of fans in attendance. We value the enthusiastic support of the sellout crowds at the Assembly Hall, but above all we take very seriously the reputation of our basketball program and the University of Illinois. The profanity and behavior by a SMALL segment of fans Thursday night is disappointing and intolerable, and for that we apologize to fans of both teams

Since when is the entire stadium a "small segment of fans"??
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

Am I the only Hoosier fan who prefers the way Purdue plays? I still dont like the Boilers but much prefer their style of basketball. The more I watch Sampson lead teams play the more I realize that Greenspan made yet another bad hire.

Am I the only Hoosier fan who prefers the way Purdue plays? I still dont like the Boilers but much prefer their style of basketball. The more I watch Sampson lead teams play the more I realize that Greenspan made yet another bad hire.
    Do you know any other Hoosier fans? I don't know any that prefer the Hoosiers style.

Their defense isn't terrible, I think they should play man to man more often with the athletes that they have, but they generally do a good job in the zone (except against Illinois). It's the offense that bothers me, it was a little better today, they moved the ball a little more, but it was still a lot of street ball style.

Turn Off Ads?